BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
Prepay16
Rep
Drives: None

MSport vs xline with DDC

Curious if anyone has compared how DDC feels across different trims. I understand the adaptive dampers on the m40i are much stiffer than the DDC on the 30i. But how does DDC feel on the 30i msport vs xline? I believe 30i msport is sprung stiffer than the base 30i trim.

Anyone with a 30i, how does DDC in comfort feel vs the stock suspension (whether base or msport)? Is DDC in comfort more plush than the stock xline 30i suspension?

A simple graphic from BMW showing how various trim/suspensions land on a comfort to sporty scale would go a long way!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
RazorX3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI + BMW G01 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepay16 View Post
Curious if anyone has compared how DDC feels across different trims. I understand the adaptive dampers on the m40i are much stiffer than the DDC on the 30i. But how does DDC feel on the 30i msport vs xline? I believe 30i msport is sprung stiffer than the base 30i trim.

Anyone with a 30i, how does DDC in comfort feel vs the stock suspension (whether base or msport)? Is DDC in comfort more plush than the stock xline 30i suspension?

A simple graphic from BMW showing how various trim/suspensions land on a comfort to sporty scale would go a long way!
There's no difference between DDC on xLine and M Sport packages.
The M sport comes as standard with M Suspension (non dynamic) which is stiff and has a shorter travel distance, but when you spec the M Sport with the optional DDC it automatically (and obviously) the removes the M Suspension for the DDC suspension.

The M40i is different, because it has the M suspension OR Adaptive M suspension (equivalent to DDC but a tad bit stiffer).
Appreciate 0