BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2021, 02:09 AM   #1
vincentjanv
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 30e 2021

Remote upgrades for G01 2021

Hi,

While I'm waiting for my X3 30e delivery in May, I was wondering if it also supports purchasing of features like high beam assist via the ConnectedDrive store. I know it does not support Remote Software Upgrade, but I'm not sure if it is related to each other.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:08 AM   #2
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Nope sorry, that won't be coming until the LCI in june
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:21 AM   #3
rolyan
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 20i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentjanv View Post
Hi,

While I'm waiting for my X3 30e delivery in May, I was wondering if it also supports purchasing of features like high beam assist via the ConnectedDrive store. I know it does not support Remote Software Upgrade, but I'm not sure if it is related to each other.

Thanks!
This is available in the UK now as a one off from connected drive for £150. Programmed remotely.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      01-25-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyan View Post
This is available in the UK now as a one off from connected drive for £150. Programmed remotely.
Helpful, but sadly not for all X3/G01, many cars do not have the left stalk auto-light button, so high beam assistant is not offered as a connected drive activation option. It was an option for cars with specific build dates which may or may not be re-introduced. The connected drive option is also just auto-dip of main beam. I believe BMW cancelled this option, at least for some markets, since icon headlights, if you want high beam assist (as opposed to budget assistant) now you have to order icon full adaptive led headlights. A shame really as the ordinary led headlights (with cornering function) and KAFAS camera are fully capable of providing auto-dip of main beam.

I have no idea how BMW Netherlands have handled this but I doubt vincentjanv will have the option to activate high beam assistANT via connected drive if he chose not to order icon headlights and high beam assist.

My car is G01 with 07/2020 build date with ID7 and connected drive tell me ...

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attac...1&d=1611583791
Attached Images

Last edited by MJE60; 01-25-2021 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
vincentjanv
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 30e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Helpful, but sadly not for all X3/G01, many cars do not have the left stalk auto-light button, so high beam assistant is not offered as a connected drive activation option. It was an option for cars with specific build dates which may or may not be re-introduced. The connected drive option is also just auto-dip of main beam. I believe BMW cancelled this option, at least for some markets, since icon headlights, if you want high beam assist (as opposed to budget assistant) now you have to order icon full adaptive led headlights. A shame really as the ordinary led headlights (with cornering function) and KAFAS camera are fully capable of providing auto-dip of main beam.

I have no idea how BMW Netherlands have handled this but I doubt vincentjanv will have the option to activate high beam assistANT via connected drive if he chose not to order icon headlights and high beam assist.

My car is G01 with 07/2020 build date with ID7 and connected drive tell me ...

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attac...1&d=1611583791
Thanks! Do you have any other option that is available to you via the connectedstore?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #6
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
My 2018 bought in NL have only 2 options available for me in the store: concierge services and online entertainment voucher. That being said, I don't have Apple Carplay, wireless charging and enhanced bluetooth, so nothing related to this is available for my vehicle. I do have the acc and high beam assistant, which also shows as unavailable :
      01-27-2021, 07:11 PM   #7
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentjanv View Post
Thanks! Do you have any other option that is available to you via the connectedstore?
Hi
Connected drive offered me no remote upgrades, my car has ID7 and came with 3 years cockpit professional subscription. My car , following dealer software update has Carplay and android auto. The only additional services I can purchase through connected drive are “service inclusive” and BMW Wi-fi hotspot.

As far as I am aware the only remote upgrades I can buy (without retrofitting hardware) are Speed Limit information [my car did not have driving assistant package fitted] This would be from 3rd party but would include genuine BMW fsc activation code (price from a forum member using remote OTA coding US$180).

For my car, the only way to get High Beam assistant (so just automatic switching on/off of high beam) would be to retrofit a steering column switch (left stalk with the extra auto light button) and pay for fsc activation code via 3rd party.

Your car may have the auto light button/switch fitted at the factory and OTA activation might then be offered but as I have said earlier, I am 90% sure this will not be the case. Most X3/G01 options require specific/additional hardware so remote upgrades will always be very limited.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-27-2021 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #8
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
My 2018 bought in NL have only 2 options available for me in the store: concierge services and online entertainment voucher. That being said, I don't have Apple Carplay, wireless charging and enhanced bluetooth, so nothing related to this is available for my vehicle. I do have the acc and high beam assistant, which also shows as unavailable :
Hi
Do you mean your car has factory fitted icon full adaptive led headlights with “high beam assist”?

BMW have a habit of using similar sounding names , where one is a budget version of the other. ‘High beam assist” uses projector lenses to move the high beam away from oncoming cars, it can also shutter areas of light and alter the beam pattern, whereas “high beam assistant” will just turn main beam on or off when appropriate. If you car has “assist” then “assistant” will not be available.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 02:08 AM   #9
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
It's not called icon here, but yes, I have those. Adaptive LED headlights, which includes BMW selective beam (aka anti-dazzle). I also have High beam assistant - automatic switching on and off high beams headlights depending on the traffic situation. Same things called differently in different market's. On a global forum like this, it makes confusion sometimes.
      01-28-2021, 02:24 AM   #10
Admiral
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 2.0D X Line G01

I have it on my X3, if you do a lot of night driving it is well worth it, I love it
Appreciate 0