BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #1717
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Just had the news, car is built.
Should be ready for collection on or around 13th June all being well.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #1718
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
/me slaps QTPie about a bit!

*sigh* ... What graphs do you want to see then ...

(I wont say what my Masters degree is in, otherwise you will slap me some more... ).

I was just curious, for M Sport models only, the breakdown of "Aluminium External Trim" vs "Shadowline" for each colour.

I am wondering how rare having Aluminium Exterior Trim (rather than Shadowline) is on the M Sport.

Thanks
QT
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #1719
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
(I wont say what my Masters degree is in, otherwise you will slap me some more... ).
Have a slap just to be safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
I was just curious, for M Sport models only, the breakdown of "Aluminium External Trim" vs "Shadowline" for each colour.
Here is a graph of M-Sport colours vs. Trim Options.

I have also updated the stats to include all F25s (not just MY2013) ... although I seem to be missing some 30Ds ... for some reason they appear after the 35Ds even though they came first ...

If anyone has a VIN for an early 30D I would appreciate it ... The first 30D VIN I have is 0B52000 (2012-03-23) which is rather late.

That's 1600 M-Sport F25s for the UK/Irish market (6800 F25s total).
Attached Images

Last edited by Horsey; 05-22-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #1720
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Arrrrrrhhhhh!

So my car arrived Southampton on the 16th May.

Fantastic I hear you say ...

I have just been told that it is showing as expected at dealer on the 11th June!

Thats nearly 4 weeks.

I have seen customer orders contemplated, negotiated, agreed, manufactured, shipped, prepped and finally delivered to customers in less time!

Should have built it my bloody self.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #1721
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Some more on colours ...

Here are two graphs of colours for the whole production run of F25 to date.

The first graph is actual pro rata per week production.

The second graph is normalised to show the relative breakdown of colours per week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #1722
02420X3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Horsey, I don't know what we're going to do for interesting statistics after you get your X3, but I suspect we won't see many. Thanks for what you've provided, and best wishes for a prompt delivery. Perhaps you can offer to go to Southampton and drive it to the dealer for delivery preparation?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #1723
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3
Horsey, I don't know what we're going to do for interesting statistics after you get your X3, but I suspect we won't see many. Thanks for what you've provided, and best wishes for a prompt delivery. Perhaps you can offer to go to Southampton and drive it to the dealer for delivery preparation?
Pha ... I am not so shallow as to disappear once I take delivery.

Might brag a bit and become insufferable.

No wait ... I am already insufferable.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #1724
02420X3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #1725
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
I have just been told that it is showing as expected at dealer on the 11th June!

Thats nearly 4 weeks.

That is f*****g shocking! My blood would be boiling if it were me. Has your dealer given you any reason why it takes so long to get from Southampton to London! Maybe the Olympic flame & its entourage is planned to be in the way?!

Hope the 4 weeks fly by for you!
      05-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #1726
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
That is f*****g shocking! My blood would be boiling if it were me. Has your dealer given you any reason why it takes so long to get from Southampton to London!
That is shocking ! Is this because your dealer refuses to pick the car up and waiting for BMW to transport it to your dealership?
4 weeks is ridiculous

I am hoping as mentioned by my dealer, my car will be picked up the next day after landing in Southampton by the dealer so as to minimise the waiting time. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #1727
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Apparently, my dealership is too busy to do its own preps and so they all get sent to Thorne ...

And there lies the crux of the problem.

It would seem that going through a larger dealer has worked against me in two ways.

1) Refusal to give discount based on directive from BMW UK coupled with high visibility of the dealership.

2) Too busy to do the car themselves and hence require BMW UK services to do the base work. Hence lack of parallelism ... Probably getting all the Olympic cars ready!

The question is whether there were any benefits ...

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy who is looking after me and I think he is doing all he can ... The question is would I have been better off going to a smaller dealership ... Maybe in Southampton!

Anyway, I haven't heard back from them since my tirade at 2am ...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #1728
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
That is shocking ! Is this because your dealer refuses to pick the car up and waiting for BMW to transport it to your dealership?
4 weeks is ridiculous

I am hoping as mentioned by my dealer, my car will be picked up the next day after landing in Southampton by the dealer so as to minimise the waiting time. Fingers crossed.
I suspect this to be the case, it's happened to me once, I went mental and they then put themselves out to get it.
      05-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #1729
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Apparently, my dealership is too busy to do its own preps and so they all get sent to Thorne ...

And there lies the crux of the problem.

It would seem that going through a larger dealer has worked against me Anyway, I haven't heard back from them since my tirade at 2am ...
Care to name and shame? Is it a Sytner?
      05-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #1730
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Anyway, I haven't heard back from them since my tirade at 2am ...
Love to have seen the look on your reps face when he came in this morning with an answer phone message in the dead of night.

Seriously though, with the amount of £ you've spent on the car and options, you'd think they'd pull out all the stops. And if only to get you off their backs
      05-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #1731
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Care to name and shame?
No, not yet ... I shall wait for the journey to complete before I pass judgement good or bad ... and anyway, so far I think they have tried hard to please me ... or at least that what they tell me!

They are only reporting what the system tells them.

Its BMW UK I have the beef with!

Quote:
Is it a Sytner?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #1732
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Love to have seen the look on your reps face when he came in this morning with an answer phone message in the dead of night.

Seriously though, with the amount of £ you've spent on the car and options, you'd think they'd pull out all the stops. And if only to get you off their backs
Did I say it was a he?

Actually I email rather than phone, especially late at night ... and they often answer my emails sometimes even after midnight.

I have also spent many hours on the phone to them ... they must hate me ... or really like me.

... its probably somewhere in between.

They tell me my car is flagged as VIP ... but honestly it seems to count for nothing ... or I dread to think what would happen if it wasn't!

The bottom line is if it doesn't make the 6th of June the shit is going to hit the fan!

I am not sure what the status is, but the dealer says that once its 9645 they will have more influence ...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #1733
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Did I say it was a he?

Actually I email rather than phone, especially late at night ... and they often answer my emails sometimes even after midnight.

I have also spent many hours on the phone to them ... they must hate me ... or really like me.

... its probably somewhere in between.

They tell me my car is flagged as VIP ... but honestly it seems to count for nothing ... or I dread to think what would happen if it wasn't!

The bottom line is if it doesn't make the 6th of June the shit is going to hit the fan!

I am not sure what the status is, but the dealer says that once its 9645 they will have more influence ...
If i were you I'd be watching the 2012 torch relay VERY closely over the next few days Keep your eye open for the X3 35d at the back as a 'back up vehicle'
      05-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #1734
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Speaking of which, the dealer came to collect my Jeep the other day ...

My efforts at selling it on eBay were none too successful and just resulted in more stress and expense ... although it did pass some time.

My initial eBay listing was a bit too honest, such is my style and I am sure that didn't help.

Anyway in the end I had to file a non-payment claim because the seller realised too late that they couldn't actually collect it in time.

In a way it’s easier for the dealer to take it, don't have to worry about some shady person giving me a wad of fake notes etc.

The dealer also left me with a loan car to tide me over ...

Where necessary, please accept my apologies for the following (and any apparent lack of humility):

<snob>
OMG ... I didn't realise that BMWs came that basic!

Don't get me wrong, it’s a nice clean 318d M Sport Black Sapphire, but I stumbled at the first hurdle when it didn't have comfort access.

Then I stalled again trying to find the button to fold the mirrors.

I had a moment’s angst reversing it without parking sensors.

And the dash looks rather bare too …

Not what I have fixed in my mind’s eye for what a BMW is supposed to be.
</ snob>

Comning from a Boxter S, for sure when we went to buy my wife's 1 series convertible, we drove a basic engine moderately spec’d engine and car and were quite disappointed and were going to give it a miss.

It was only by chance that the idea of trying the 135i, just in case it was a bit better, reared its head and we reluctantly tried it ... and that sold the car.

When I tried the X3 for the first time, I was sure not to make the same mistake and test drove the 35D ... and from then on the Evoque was smoke!

I think I would seriously struggle to convince myself to buy a BMW unless it was fairly highly spec'd.

… maybe that’s what they are counting on … and it is (apparently)!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #1735
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If i were you I'd be watching the 2012 torch relay VERY closely over the next few days Keep your eye open for the X3 35d at the back as a 'back up vehicle'
*giggle*

Might get to see it sooner that way!

Someone, I forget who, had the great idea of getting wrapped as an official Olympic vehicle ... would help with the hassle of getting round over the next few months.

I did ask the dealer ... haven't heard back from them on that one.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #1736
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
On that note ... does the second graph tell an interesting story or does it look more like modern art?

I am tending towards the latter and am going to print off a copy and send it to Sotheby’s before anyone else does!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #1737
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

My x3 35d M Sport is going in sept/october time.
New 3 series Touring coming 3.0D M Sport with all extras and brake upgrade.
      05-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #1738
Woody_
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3 20d MSport (G01)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey
So my car arrived Southampton on the 16th May.

Fantastic I hear you say ...

Thats nearly 4 weeks.

I have seen customer orders contemplated, negotiated, agreed, manufactured, shipped, prepped and finally delivered to customers in less time!

Should have built it my bloody self.
My car was on the ship that arrived on 13th May - it got delivered to my dealer yesterday and I'm collecting it on Friday.

My dealer is Sytner Solihull.

No idea why there's such a wait.

:
Appreciate 0