BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2022, 09:57 PM   #1365
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Garage List
  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthespeed View Post
Car arrives at the dealership and my CA just sent me this …. 🥹 serval damages require extra 5 days of wait to repair in the service department… this sucks
Sorry to bring this up again, but I genuinely feel for you

Did the dealer give you an opportunity to see the vehicle in person PRIOR to beginning repairs, or at the very least, a detailed list of flaws with attached photos?

I would definitely want to know what transpired en route, as well as having a baseline to compare with after ultimately taking possession
Appreciate 3
      08-24-2022, 11:46 PM   #1366
nikhilabburi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Finally status changed to Dispatched from factory. And saw the delivery date will be on Friday morning on united road portal and i will be picking up on next Monday. Excited

Last edited by nikhilabburi; 08-25-2022 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 3
      08-25-2022, 12:59 AM   #1367
BimmerOm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by netager View Post
I had 3D Maxpider in a few previous cars and they hold up great. For X3 I got Tuxmat and love them great fit and coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdal54 View Post
I'd also suggest taking a look at the 3D kagu mats - https://u-ace.com/

I have them in my 2019, we had them in my wife's 2018 wagon, and I bought her a set for her 2022 Q5. Been great so far.
Thanks! Personally, 3D Maxpider seem to be better looking than the BMW all-weather ones.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:11 AM   #1368
alex101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Does anyone have a source/link that explains what package 493 is supposed to include?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 09:17 AM   #1369
carenthusiast
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Is the shock compression like a hiss sound? I.e. you hear air.

That's pretty normal when driving slow or with your window open... its not too loud but I could hear this on my other bmw's as well.

For comfort... what size wheel and tire combo did you get?

I know the lumbar makes a difference in comfort... I can attest to that.

Thanks for confirming it's not just my car. You nailed the description. Yes, when driving slow, especially with window open, it's like the sound of air hissing.

Only driven a few times but actually the car seems to ride fine going down the road in terms of ride comfort, even on the 21" wheels. Not that I've driven over any truly horrendous patches of road yet so we'll see.

So my discomfort so far is just from feeling like my back is not fully against the seatback in my driving position. I feel like there's a gap near my lower back, where normally you'd have lumbar that you can push out.

But not giving up yet. I'll keep tweaking the seat. I feel like every time I get in it I spend a lot of time making all sorts of micro-adjustments to the seat trying to find that elusive sweet spot. I'm going to wear out those seat motors at this rate.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 10:30 AM   #1370
SGHCU95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40 Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
Does anyone have a source/link that explains what package 493 is supposed to include?
On my 22 build it is the storage package. It doesn't explain further. I do have the trunk rails, so could be that.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #1371
IAmSpeed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40i (G02)

Garage List
2023 BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottweiler View Post
Sorry to bring this up again, but I genuinely feel for you

Did the dealer give you an opportunity to see the vehicle in person PRIOR to beginning repairs, or at the very least, a detailed list of flaws with attached photos?

I would definitely want to know what transpired en route, as well as having a baseline to compare with after ultimately taking possession
Update on my damaged 2023 X4 M40i upon truck delivery from the factory:

This is getting super messy, and long story short, I am not getting it even though they refused to refund my deposit back (It's $2k but anyway, I don't want to deal with them anymore). I have also found two dealerships with week 32 canceled orders and 95% matched my build (only the wheel color is different but I am okay at this point)- I think the market is slowly changing back to buyer's market as there is actually more canceled order than I thought.

The only reason I know the car was damaged it's because I saw the delivery receipt from the United Road portal, as soon as I saw the receipt shows the vehicle was "damaged", I texted my CA, and he was not only super shocked that I knew but also didn't send me the photo of actual damage. He texted with the delivery recipe that I already had "It was just the front windshield and bumper, we need to order the bumper, easy fix, we will take care of it at no cost and we assure you will see it as brand new when you come."

I contacted his manager and GM and they used hundreds of different excuses to not show me the photo. Don't want to go into too many details here...just two lessons learned:

1. Always track your car through a transportation company if possible (email/online/call), I guess the 1-2 days prep time that the dealer requested also includes fixing some damages that they won't tell you if you don't know.

2. Walk away if you don't like the car, it's $70K of spend at the end of the road, no need to buy something if you don't feel like it. I know it will be a waste of time but hey, it's $70K, and that's not a small amount in most cases. I also managed to find 2 weeks-32 canceled orders in 3 days. Maybe I am the lucky one but the point is I feel CAs nowadays just generally don't care about customers' complaints as there are so many people in line that are just not as picky and fanatic as we are. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. Whether it's the hunger marketing or seller's market, those CAs forgot we as the customer are the most valuable asset to run this business.

Side note, I went to test drive AMG GLC 43 yesterday, and there's no way I buy Mercedes in a near future lol It's comfortable inside but that hesitation on acceleration and handling is such a joke at that price point...BMW all the way! Cheers!
Appreciate 6
netager79.50
ASAP10582.50
Rottweiler4333.00
snareman10113.50
lfdal541206.50
davfer86151.50
      08-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #1372
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Iamthespeed Mixed feelings, sorry you didn't get the car you spec'd but agree with your choice to walk away. I may be in the same boat. But, also happy you were able to locate suitable substitutes so quickly.

Hope it works out great for you.
Appreciate 1
IAmSpeed1341.50
      08-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #1373
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
The only points of reference I have are my 2019 which has rails and 493. Getting a straight answer from my dealership is getting me nowhere. The other best point of reference I can find is the realoem catalog, which makes reference to the 493 like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
IAmSpeed1341.50
      08-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #1374
blkbtyM2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Civic Type R

Quote:

This is getting super messy, and long story short, I am not getting it even though they refused to refund my deposit back (It's $2k but anyway, I don't want to deal with them anymore). I have also found two dealerships with week 32 canceled orders and 95% matched my build (only the wheel color is different but I am okay at this point)- I think the market is slowly changing back to buyer's market as there is actually more canceled order than I thought.

The only reason I know the car was damaged it's because I saw the delivery receipt from the United Road portal, as soon as I saw the receipt shows the vehicle was "damaged", I texted my CA, and he was not only super shocked that I knew but also didn't send me the photo of actual damage. He texted with the delivery recipe that I already had "It was just the front windshield and bumper, we need to order the bumper, easy fix, we will take care of it at no cost and we assure you will see it as brand new when you come."

I contacted his manager and GM and they used hundreds of different excuses to not show me the photo. Don't want to go into too many details here...just two lessons learned:

1. Always track your car through a transportation company if possible (email/online/call), I guess the 1-2 days prep time that the dealer requested also includes fixing some damages that they won't tell you if you don't know.

2. Walk away if you don't like the car, it's $70K of spend at the end of the road, no need to buy something if you don't feel like it. I know it will be a waste of time but hey, it's $70K, and that's not a small amount in most cases. I also managed to find 2 weeks-32 canceled orders in 3 days. Maybe I am the lucky one but the point is I feel CAs nowadays just generally don't care about customers' complaints as there are so many people in line that are just not as picky and fanatic as we are. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. Whether it's the hunger marketing or seller's market, those CAs forgot we as the customer are the most valuable asset to run this business.

Side note, I went to test drive AMG GLC 43 yesterday, and there's no way I buy Mercedes in a near future lol It's comfortable inside but that hesitation on acceleration and handling is such a joke at that price point...BMW all the way! Cheers!
Hopefully it all works out for you on the next M40i that you locate. I'd run that deposit situation by someone else before you just give up on it. Doesn't sound right to me, it's not like you're refusing delivery of a perfect vehicle, something happened they are being shady you want to cut ties. Seems like the kind of situation that would warrant a return of good faith funds.
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4333.00
      08-25-2022, 11:40 AM   #1375
OciWan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 m40i

Garage List
2022 X4m40i  [10.00]
They will sell that car for sure. They can't keep your deposit. They may hold on to it until they sell the car but you can always threaten legal action and that usually will work.
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4333.00
      08-25-2022, 12:02 PM   #1376
SGHCU95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40 Dark Graphite

Quote:

I would contact BMW NA about this....It would be highly unusual that you wouldn't get your deposit back on a product that is damaged in transport and you haven't taken possession of.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 12:14 PM   #1377
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

I am sorry to hear this. In your case, there is no way I'd keep that car and they would be obliged to give you your deposit back. You cannot accept a new damaged car, that's absurd. I think we are living in an overstimulated / short supply world and absurd things happen.

Find another dealer with a quick allocation for you... or perhaps there are cars local to you in stock already.
      08-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #1378
JEP09
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:

I would fight for it unless you signed an agreement stating that the deposit is non-refundable. Check your state's car deposit laws as well. I was successful in retrieving two deposits.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:18 PM   #1379
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
Didn't read the whole thread, but if you charged the deposit on a CC, call and dispute the charge if they will not refund it.
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:29 PM   #1380
bimmeroy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Iamthespeed. Agree with the person above that its one thing to agree to let them hold onto deposit till they sell the vehicle (though I would argue even thats wrong), but they cant just pocket the money. Maybe a legal action discussion will loosen their bolts.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:33 PM   #1381
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
Car showed up to the dealer a couple hours ago. I won't be able to go get it until Thursday morning.

Anything anyone wants me to check for on mine that might be missing? I have black Vernasca ventilated leather for what it's worth.
The rails in the cargo area if you would please. I'm now in a "dispute" contest with my dealership over these being gone. Especially given the retrofit cost.
Picked the car up and can confirm that there are no rails in the trunk.

Lumbar is there on both driver and passenger seats (Black Vernasca ventilated).

Car also has CarPlay even though it wasn't listed on the build sheet.
ASAP10582.50
      08-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #1382
BillsGirlGina
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Car showed up to the dealer a couple hours ago. I won't be able to go get it until Thursday morning.

Anything anyone wants me to check for on mine that might be missing? I have black Vernasca ventilated leather for what it's worth.
The rails in the cargo area if you would please. I'm now in a "dispute" contest with my dealership over these being gone. Especially given the retrofit cost.
Picked the car up and can confirm that there are no rails in the trunk.

Lumbar is there on both driver and passenger seats (Black Vernasca ventilated).

Car also has CarPlay even though it wasn't listed on the build sheet.
Congrats! Enjoy!
      08-25-2022, 03:43 PM   #1383
TLEHMANN
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I would be pissed and no way Im letting that 2k slide.
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4333.00
      08-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #1384
htyw44
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC / 2021 M2C

Quote:

Agreed with everyone saying to try and get your deposit refunded. Check out this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales...back_out_of_a/.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:11 PM   #1385
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLEHMANN View Post
I would be pissed and no way Im letting that 2k slide.
Seconded...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:14 PM   #1386
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [6.83]
Yet another add on for a car that's still thousands of miles away...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1