BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #111
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d

I placed my order on the 16 Sep and now have a order No from BMW, genius says the order has not scheduled yet, so I don't even have week no to get pushed back yet. Anyone else had this?

Wondering how long it will be like this.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 01:32 PM   #112
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zequic View Post
I placed my order on the 16 Sep and now have a order No from BMW, genius says the order has not scheduled yet, so I don't even have week no to get pushed back yet. Anyone else had this?

Is there a specific status code associated with your order? The code may explain a bit more about the status/delay.

I recall reading something about BMW UK planning dept updating something that was temporarily affecting the availability of build slots. Don't know how true that is.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #113
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Quote:

Is there a specific status code associated with your order? The code may explain a bit more about the status/delay.

I recall reading something about BMW UK planning dept updating something that was temporarily affecting the availability of build slots. Don't know how true that is.
No status code given. They did say that the system was down due to an upgrade earlier on today
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #114
JGoodz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 m40i

For anyone still looking for a car my advice would be...
  1. Find something in stock

2. Ask dealers if they have any '150 Production' cars coming in that fit your options.

or

3. Check to see if they have any '112 Production' cars in which already have production number and you can still modify the options. But keep in mind A LOT if getting deleted off so there is no guarantee here.

Forget about '105 Production' (starting from scratch)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:01 PM   #115
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoodz View Post
For anyone still looking for a car my advice would be...
  1. Find something in stock

2. Ask dealers if they have any '150 Production' cars coming in that fit your options.

or

3. Check to see if they have any '112 Production' cars in which already have production number and you can still modify the options. But keep in mind A LOT if getting deleted off so there is no guarantee here.

Forget about '105 Production' (starting from scratch)
I am not bothered about a delay, as long as the car is the right spec. Got an excellent part ex on my 335d, they are giving me what I paid for over 2 years ago, and have committed to the price irrespective of additions mileage I add I it or delays, so all good as long as the new car is the right spec
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 10:21 PM   #116
wootloops
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Lime Rock Park

Just curious - how much credit are they giving for deleting Heads up Display?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 10:35 PM   #117
Jsoto250
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport, 2021 X5 M50

Garage List
Quote:

Mine hadn't been scheduled yet just order accepted but I have week 44. Ordered in Labor Day.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 10:37 PM   #118
Jsoto250
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport, 2021 X5 M50

Garage List
Production Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootloops View Post
Just curious - how much credit are they giving for deleting Heads up Display?
I don't think they have taken it off yet. I saw yesterday my Sirius radio had a delete line but today it disappeared.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 11:06 PM   #119
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep
Drives: '22 X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinfll View Post
I have posted this in a couple of other threads - but, Jon over at Bimmerfest posted the bulletins from BMW about what is being decontented. The bulletin confirmed SiriusXM/HD is being removed from ALL X3 and X4 variants, however the bulletin implies there will be a retrofit option available once the parts shortage eases. It will result in a $350 credit.

HUDs, Shadowline (ZHO) and the usual M Sport 19” tire (887) are not available on the X3 30i or X4 30i. ZPP is being replaced with the Premium Pack 2 without HUD.

So your 40i should be OK for the Shadowline and the HUD.
My 30i X4 is do for completion on the 1st. M Sport and HUD still showing up.

At least MyBMW still shows everything. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
      09-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #120
mattinfll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Soon X6 M60. Bye, X4 M40

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZoobies View Post
My 30i X4 is do for completion on the 1st. M Sport and HUD still showing up.

At least MyBMW still shows everything. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
If you call the Genius, they can see any deletions or exceptions, because just like the imperfect on-line tracker, the configuration in tracking may not be accurate. Your dealer can also ask for a status update, which will show the build status and all the options on the car, and any deletions.

Hope you continue to have the same luck I have had!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #121
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep
Drives: '22 X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinfll View Post
If you call the Genius, they can see any deletions or exceptions, because just like the imperfect on-line tracker, the configuration in tracking may not be accurate. Your dealer can also ask for a status update, which will show the build status and all the options on the car, and any deletions.

Hope you continue to have the same luck I have had!
Okay - this morning I had asked just out of curiosity and they had said they didn't see anything.

I'll reach out to the dealership tomorrow too, just to make sure.

Damn - I'm scared. I'm planning on having this car for about 5 years...
      09-29-2021, 05:00 AM   #122
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Arh ok, just ordered M40D at max spec in BG and was told it would be here by 31 Dec. I am nearly 2 months behind you in the que so cannot see it being here that soon.
Hey man - did you get any indication of date yet? Am about to pull the trigger on same spec and curious. Ideally would like for 01-Mar new plate but looking like longer now I guess :-|

BTW - M40d and the following options - sanity check? What cool goodies am I missing contrasted to yours/others UK models for M40[i,d]

Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Technology Plus Pack
Comfort Package
Galvanic Embellisher For Controls
Front Lumbar Support - Driver

I am assuming in the above are my desires - Rear tinted glass, ACC, HUD, HK audio, heated wheel, comfort access and that cool little coin tray under the steering wheel (that;s a P1 ). I just don't want to f**k something up this time like I did by missing the tints last time (they changed it from previous spec).

BTW what seats with your BG? I'm toying with ivory versus that tan colour, but having not seen a BG yet taking a punt. Calliper colour also?

EDIT: Also - I just tried to re-quote and bluetooth has now (a) removed from technology plus pack and (b) standalone says this "Due to product updates it is currently not possible to add the desired option to your configuration." :-/

Last edited by spangle1980; 09-29-2021 at 05:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:59 AM   #123
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
Hey man - did you get any indication of date yet? Am about to pull the trigger on same spec and curious. Ideally would like for 01-Mar new plate but looking like longer now I guess :-|

BTW - M40d and the following options - sanity check? What cool goodies am I missing contrasted to yours/others UK models for M40[i,d]

Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Technology Plus Pack
Comfort Package

I am assuming in the above are my desires - Rear tinted glass, ACC, HUD, HK audio, heated wheel, comfort access and that cool little coin tray under the steering wheel (that;s a P1 ). I just don't want to f**k something up this time like I did by missing the tints last time (they changed it from previous spec).

BTW what seats with your BG? I'm toying with ivory versus that tan colour, but having not seen a BG yet taking a punt. Calliper colour also?

EDIT: Also - I just tried to re-quote and bluetooth has now (a) removed from technology plus pack and (b) standalone says this "Due to product updates it is currently not possible to add the desired option to your configuration." :-/
Digital Key, passenger lumbar/bolster has been deleted for a while, as has wireless charging/advanced bluetooth. Adaptive Drive Mode has also been quietly removed, and there are some questions about the headlights actually having all the "Adaptive" features such as selective beam spitting. I asked BMW UK the direct question and they replied with waffle that didn't provide an answer. So assume what you will. They actually said my contract is with the dealer, so they must confirm the exact spec (which they claim they can't because BMW won't tell them) so what BMW advertise is meaningless.

Don't know if you read the post in another thread yesterday about a recent UK M40i order and the items being unavailable -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiegee View Post
Just got the dreaded call from the dealer.

The tech pack has gone.

No Harmon Kardon, Drive recorder or HUD now available.

And production is moving to South Africa for European builds.

Lead time gone to expected 6 months.

What to do? HK is a problem for me as I am a big music fan.

Last edited by avi66; 09-29-2021 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 07:03 AM   #124
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep

oh f**k. No, thanks for the bad news :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 07:12 AM   #125
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
oh f**k. No, thanks for the bad news :-)
The good news is, whilst BMW is now offering you a Dacia, they are making up for the tech that has been removed by fitting an M steering wheel with tri colour stitching.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #126
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Arh ok, just ordered M40D at max spec in BG and was told it would be here by 31 Dec. I am nearly 2 months behind you in the que so cannot see it being here that soon.

Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Technology Plus Pack
Comfort Package

I'm also going for the visibility pack, the tow bar, m sports seats and have selected passenger lumber support as an option. Going for the black with blue stitching on the seats. Other than a leather upgrade which does not work with the sports seats, I think it's every option less the 726 wheels which I don't like.

Dealer is telling me 31 Dec but the genius states is not scheduled for production, so wait out.

I check the configurator daily and the spec available hasn't changed as of yet, not that I can tell.

Re the Bluetooth, where is that detail listed.

Callipers. Red as blue as is common af
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 07:57 AM   #127
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

IIRC it "should" be included as standard with a Tech Pack. Just look under optional equipment in the configutaor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #128
pr0gi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 40i, X3 M40i

I've been thinking when placing order to put a deposit of 20-30% if this will guarantee all the options i have selected. Maybe will speed up the production? What's your thoughts? Anyone been in this situation.
      09-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #129
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Quote:

IIRC it "should" be included as standard with a Tech Pack. Just look under optional equipment in the configutaor.
Arh ffs. Does Z6W Deletion of Wireless Charging, remove all of these options, I thought it was just the wireless charging not also the enhanced Bluetooth, extra mics etc. anyone know about this definitely?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #130
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep

UK: If you go to the configurator and search for "Bluet" then it shows:

Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging
£430
(Only available with additional optional equipment)

If you select it you get that error "Due to product updates it is currently not possible to add the desired option to your configuration."

If you select the package (Tech / Tech+) the text says:

"The Technology Pack consists of Gesture Control, Head-Up Display, Harman Kardon Surround Sound System, Enhanced Bluetooth and Wireless Charging and WiFi hotspot."

however I am convinced earlier this week in the underlying breakdown where it shows each item (HUD, etc..) that BT was there. Now it is not.

I guess it's time to roll the dice ...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 09:22 AM   #131
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Arh ffs. Does Z6W Deletion of Wireless Charging, remove all of these options, I thought it was just the wireless charging not also the enhanced Bluetooth, extra mics etc. anyone know about this definitely?
Yes. But you can still contact your phone via Bluetooth.

The module that controls wireless charging does more than just that, hence the deletion of other features. IIRC it's also required the near field signal for the digital key, enhanced phone signal etc
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #132
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gi View Post
I've been thinking when placing order to put a deposit of 20-30% if this will guarantee all the options i have selected. Maybe will speed up the production? What's your thoughts? Anyone been in this situation.
Can see this making any difference, apart from tying up your cash.
Appreciate 0