BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2022, 01:32 PM   #1057
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVNorfolk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
Mine is one of the cars that changed to "at sea" around October 11th, built July 28th, arrived at Dalian August 1st.

Today my delivery date slipped by about 2 weeks to December 18th. So that will be 10 days short of 5 months from build to delivery! (If it doesn't slip again)
I just can’t believe that BMW are quite happy to run a business like that. Fair enough with what’s going on at the moment globally to have delays on building cars, but for them to basically sit around for months on end it a compound somewhere is ridiculous. We’ll all be getting 23 plates at this rate and a 12 month lead time from ordering!!
This is absolutely ridiculous.

I had a pre covid Mazda built to order and on my drive before BMW can get a car out the port compound 😂😂😂😂
Absolute joke and there's absolutely no reliable information from BMW on the status or delivery timeframe either
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #1058
portal96
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Mine was 165 27th July, 195 12th September. Estimated delivery slipped from mid/late Oct whilst at 165 and has been week of 14th Nov since going to 195. Still the same today and genius seemed to know it was ‘on its way to southampton’ which makes a change to telling me it is ‘on its way from the USA’ . Still hopeful that mine could be on Altair Leader but its frustrating watching it sailing back and forth around europe / sitting in ports for days and now at anchor. If its not on Altair Leader I will be beside myself, having already tracked Atlas Leader all the way last month
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #1059
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal96 View Post
Mine was 165 27th July, 195 12th September. Estimated delivery slipped from mid/late Oct whilst at 165 and has been week of 14th Nov since going to 195. Still the same today and genius seemed to know it was 'on its way to southampton' which makes a change to telling me it is 'on its way from the USA' . Still hopeful that mine could be on Altair Leader but its frustrating watching it sailing back and forth around europe / sitting in ports for days and now at anchor. If its not on Altair Leader I will be beside myself, having already tracked Atlas Leader all the way last month

we already had here on the forum cars that were produced on July 29th like mine and have already been delivered, many of them came in atlas leader, the only possibility of my car being delivered at the end of November is the altair leader... for now my status didn't go beyond 165...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #1060
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by portal96 View Post
Mine was 165 27th July, 195 12th September. Estimated delivery slipped from mid/late Oct whilst at 165 and has been week of 14th Nov since going to 195. Still the same today and genius seemed to know it was 'on its way to southampton' which makes a change to telling me it is 'on its way from the USA' . Still hopeful that mine could be on Altair Leader but its frustrating watching it sailing back and forth around europe / sitting in ports for days and now at anchor. If its not on Altair Leader I will be beside myself, having already tracked Atlas Leader all the way last month

we already had here on the forum cars that were produced on July 29th like mine and have already been delivered, many of them came in atlas leader, the only possibility of my car being delivered at the end of November is the altair leader... for now my status didn't go beyond 165...
Got the volans leader coming in begging of November that's a possibility for late November
Appreciate 1
Esteves33.00
      10-18-2022, 12:56 AM   #1061
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacca007 View Post
Posted by a member in the Facebook group just now for those not in it...
"Expecting my car at the end of Oct and apparently it’s stuck in Germany at the min. The dealer said there are 200 BMW’s stuck. Something about a quality enhancement and a problem with the port so I’m not entirely sure what the hold up is!! Anyone else waiting?"

It's also mentioned on this weeks and last weeks shipping list..." Bremerhaven experiencing heavy delays, future vessels in the schedule might not reflect such delays yet.
As far as I know X3’s do stop at Bremerhaven for a “technical enhancement” which means they do sit there for a number of weeks, as far as I was aware iX3’s don’t normally get off the boat.. But this is BMW so I doubt they have a clue either!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:02 AM   #1062
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

Looks like Altair Leader has had to drop anchor outside Zeebrugge as we have no dock space, it's full of Leo Leader and Cassiopeia Leader at the moment.

Could of made a cheeky quick stop in Southampton in that time I'm sure it's the same reason though, stuck in a queue.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2022, 07:06 AM   #1063
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone had any good news today?

Mine is still 165 but it has managed to teleport itself to the USA
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:19 AM   #1064
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWandyIX3 View Post

Still 165 here today, but a delivery date has reappeared, week 42 again….. so this week again!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:33 AM   #1065
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Still 165 here today, but a delivery date has reappeared, week 42 again….. so this week again!
I'm thinking yours must be on the Altair leader but it is delayed docking in port.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:42 AM   #1066
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

I spoke with the dealer today and the delivery date went from the end of November to the first week of January... I don't know what to say anymore... a car produced on the 29th of July takes 5 months to arrive.... this it's unacceptable...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #1067
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm thinking yours must be on the Altair leader but it is delayed docking in port.
I certainly hope so, though I do have my doubts. My only hope is that all of the codes can’t be correct as I can’t believe that cars would just sit around for months and not move! It’s the hope that kills ya!
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #1068
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I certainly hope so, though I do have my doubts. My only hope is that all of the codes can’t be correct as I can’t believe that cars would just sit around for months and not move! It’s the hope that kills ya!
Certainly is mate.
I'm thinking it's because BMW have no provision in their coding for the non German plants so vehicles don't progress further in the coding until it reaches Europe.

I refuse to believe that a vehicle is sitting at the docks for two, three or four months waiting to get on a ship for a 6 week sailing to Europe.
Potential for a 6 month post build delivery time frame.

I ordered had built to order and had it delivered a Mazda pre covid in a shorter time frame than it's taking BMW just to deliver our cars let alone build them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 08:18 AM   #1069
fuzzmondo