BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-07-2022, 04:21 PM   #925
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3 M Sport Pro

My production date was 10th August
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #926
Bevforme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX50 Aug '22 build

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xins01 View Post
For you that has a delivery date in the near future. What is your production date?
Build date 01 September. Possible delivery week of 07 November.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 07:33 AM   #927
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

Production date August 9th, still 165 as of today.

Dealer still thinks it'll be in the country by week 46.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 11:15 AM   #928
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnillab View Post
Production date August 9th, still 165 as of today.

Dealer still thinks it'll be in the country by week 46.
There really isn’t any logic to the build and delivery dates, though I wonder if the dealers do add a couple of weeks “slippage” to the dates they give.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #929
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

This is all hypothetical, to me it very much sounds and feels like Brilliance Auto, the manufacturer of the iX3 and then NYK Lines, the third party logistics supplier that does the transport to import terminals and then I think, Premiership Ltd the UK handling agent for NYK Lines, probably all don't have direct input access to the BMW system for status codes, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just emails back and forth between the businesses with information picked out of invoices which says orders "0001 to 0123" have "left the factory" or "onboard ship, departed Dalian" etc.
Then, someone at BMW HQ or similar probably then updates the status codes. In conclusion, I don't think it's as automated as we think.

Can anyone shed more light on the process or has worked at BMW and can tell us?

Now, the thing is, I'm not sure what other peoples thoughts on this are, but it's almost like that was ok pre pandemic, when factory orders could be fulfilled, delivered to the customer in a few weeks on average.
In this post pandemic world where orders being fulfilled is closer to measure in months and now years, the customer needs access to better "supply chain monitoring" more and more.
In my example, the dealer said my car is due September, then October, now November. With delays like that, customers might have an existing PCP or lease contract expiry, MOT, vehicle excise duty, insurance, servicing and more to renew or sort out without knowing the length of the delay for certain, that adds up financially. That'll be one for my customer service feedback form when those automated emails come through from the dealer after the cars picked up

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 02:05 PM   #930
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

This is all hypothetical, to me it very much sounds and feels like Brilliance Auto, the manufacturer of the iX3 and then NYK Lines, the third party logistics supplier that does the transport to import terminals and then I think, Premiership Ltd the UK handling agent for NYK Lines, probably all don't have direct input access to the BMW system for status codes, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just emails back and forth between the businesses with information picked out of invoices which says orders "0001 to 0123" have "left the factory" or "onboard ship, departed Dalian" etc.
Then, someone at BMW HQ or similar probably then updates the status codes. In conclusion, I don't think it's as automated as we think.

Can anyone shed more light on the process or has worked at BMW and can tell us?

Now, the thing is, I'm not sure what other peoples thoughts on this are, but it's almost like that was ok pre pandemic, when factory orders could be fulfilled, delivered to the customer in a few weeks on average.
In this post pandemic world where orders being fulfilled is closer to measure in months and now years, the customer needs access to better "supply chain monitoring" more and more.
In my example, the dealer said my car is due September, then October, now November. With delays like that, customers might have an existing PCP or lease contract expiry, MOT, vehicle excise duty, insurance, servicing and more to renew or sort out without knowing the length of the delay for certain, that adds up financially. That'll be one for my customer service feedback form when those automated emails come through from the dealer after the cars picked up

Many thanks,
ALL BMW plants are set up as individual businesses and "BMW" buy the product of that plant to produce the cars.

Like the plant I worked at plant 12 BMW Hams Hall but it's business registration name was BMW Hams Hall Motoren GmbH.

All third parties have access to BMW authorised systems and drives and have a BMW email address.
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi73.00
      10-10-2022, 03:22 AM   #931
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Just had a call from the dealer, was it good news for a Monday morning? Nope...Delivery still scheduled for 1st or 2nd week of November. So much for hoping the car was on Atlas Leader. Fingers crossed for Altair Leader or Volans Leader!

Crazy... Build was week 29 (~18 July) and delivery is going to take till week 45/46!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 03:59 AM   #932
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_77 View Post
Just had a call from the dealer, was it good news for a Monday morning? Nope...Delivery still scheduled for 1st or 2nd week of November. So much for hoping the car was on Atlas Leader. Fingers crossed for Altair Leader or Volans Leader!

Crazy... Build was week 29 (~18 July) and delivery is going to take till week 45/46!
We got an email on Saturday from Zenith to say the dealer had now got the car so they had a new, expected, delivery date to us of before end October.

As you say, ours was built one week ahead of yours so, hopefully, yours will be on the Altair or Volans and we should end up with cars within one or two weeks of each other.
Appreciate 2
JW_7753.50
Esteves33.00
      10-10-2022, 05:39 AM   #933
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:

Hello,

JW_77 my build week was the same as you, week 29 commencing Monday 18th July 2022, status code changed to 195 on Monday 12th September so I'm expecting my order to be on Altair Leader, just making its way up across FitzRoy and Biscay.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 2
JW_7753.50
Esteves33.00
      10-10-2022, 06:51 AM   #934
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Hello,

JW_77 my build week was the same as you, week 29 commencing Monday 18th July 2022, status code changed to 195 on Monday 12th September so I'm expecting my order to be on Altair Leader, just making its way up across FitzRoy and Biscay.

Many thanks,
Yup, suspect we're "in the same boat" so to speak.
Just seems crazy that the cars were built and then sat in Dalian for over a month before leaving on a ship. I can only surmise they must've had a delay on some component or other and "built" just means it came off the production line but was then sat somewhere waiting for the last component to be fitted before shipping?
That or there was a strike and the shipping schedules got all messed up...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:59 AM   #935
kevinm03
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Santorini Blue

Quote:

My build date was June 30th, and I still have not got delivery! Dealer promising Thursday of Friday delivery.

Previous: G20 M340i, F36 430d, Mk7 GTI PP, Mk5 GTI ED30
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 11:45 AM   #936
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

Many thanks,

the production date of mine is the same, 29th of july... the forecast of delivery week 47 end of november, after knowing that it didn't come in the atlas leader now the altar is my hope...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 12:16 PM   #937
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
As I said above Genius are telling me week commencing 5 December for delivery.....today, unprompted I received an email from our fleet provider; delivery expected week commencing 24 October 🤷
Dan. Fingers crossed for you. Do you know if your car has reached UK yet or do you think its on the Altair Leader?

I've had the same. Genius pushed me back from 17th Oct to saying 5th December.
Dealer expecting to reach my before end of October.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 01:20 PM   #938
dan123
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacca007 View Post
Dan. Fingers crossed for you. Do you know if your car has reached UK yet or do you think its on the Altair Leader?

I've had the same. Genius pushed me back from 17th Oct to saying 5th December.
Dealer expecting to reach my before end of October.
My update today remains unchanged "departed plant, delivery w/c 5 December"

I don't have a clue if it's sailed or not🤷 built 28th July, arrived Dalian 1 August.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #939
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My update today remains unchanged "departed plant, delivery w/c 5 December"

I don't have a clue if it's sailed or not🤷 built 28th July, arrived Dalian 1 August.
Unbelievable, how can genius and the fleet companies dates be so different? 😱
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 02:38 PM   #940
dan123
Private
Rep

Quote:
Unbelievable, how can genius and the fleet companies dates be so different? 😱
Sorry, just to add much like you my fleet provider is still quoting delivery week commencing 24 October 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 03:34 PM   #941
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, just to add much like you my fleet provider is still quoting delivery week commencing 24 October 😂
Up until a week ago Genius was also giving 17th October! 🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #942
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Up until a week ago Genius was also giving 17th October! 🤣
We’re still being quoted the w/c 17th by Genius…. Came forward 2 weeks at the end of last week. Had consistently been w/c 31st.

I swear they just use a random week number generator!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 03:42 PM   #943
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVNorfolk View Post
We’re still being quoted the w/c 17th by Genius…. I swear they just use a random week number generator!
Exciting. This time next week you'll have it 🤞
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 03:46 PM   #944
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Exciting. This time next week you'll have it 🤞
If I do I’d better enter the lottery too. Bound to win that as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 04:39 PM   #945
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Called my supplying dealer (cars through Arval) today Inchcape Chelmsford and they've told me early November delivery which ties up with what genius have told me.

My build date was 31st August.
My car must be on the Volans Leader
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 04:50 PM   #946
dan123
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWandyIX3 View Post
Called my supplying dealer (cars through Arval) today Inchcape Chelmsford and they've told me early November delivery which ties up with what genius have told me.

My build date was 31st August.
My car must be on the Volans Leader
I'm happy for you (honestly ) but this just exposes the madness of the situation....your build to delivery time will be a whole 2 months shorter than mine. Your car was built a month later and looks set to be delivered a month earlier vs mine (and others)
Appreciate 0