BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #859
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Competition Pack

Garage List
Anyone else managed to get any further updates from their dealers for shipping to the UK?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 09:09 AM   #860
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_340i View Post
Anyone else managed to get any further updates from their dealers for shipping to the UK?
I got a call this am.

Dealer said my car is in the UK at Southampton (Genius still says Bremerhaven), so I don't know who to believe.

Apparently, my car is among many awaiting a RAM Technical Enhancement, so it won't go to the dealer until this is done.

Due to go on holiday soon in the new car, and have been offered a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #861
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
I got a call this am.

Dealer said my car is in the UK at Southampton (Genius still says Bremerhaven), so I don't know who to believe.

Apparently, my car is among many awaiting a RAM Technical Enhancement, so it won't go to the dealer until this is done.

Due to go on holiday soon in the new car, and have been offered a loaner.
That's disappointing to hear, my dealer said cars would not leave Bremerhaven or Cuxhaven until the RAM upgrade has been done.

Where are going to get Genius updates? I'm still at a loss to find those.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 09:18 AM   #862
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's disappointing to hear, my dealer said cars would not leave Bremerhaven or Cuxhaven until the RAM upgrade has been done.

Where are going to get Genius updates? I'm still at a loss to find those.
Yup, I was surprised to be told the car is in the UK, and I did push this with the dealer. The response was the system indicates in the UK. Cleary must be a different system to Genius, as the agent claimed to have checked both, and my car is still status 9000.

If you mean where to get genius updates ? I use live chat on the landing page of the BMW Uk website. It looks like a blue speech bubble on the bottom right of the page.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:13 AM   #863
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

Just spoken to online with the Genius mine is at status 9610, the work on the semiconductor as not been completed yet. Time to do a bit of complaining me thinks.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 12:11 PM   #864
rudy_thielemans@telenet.b
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Plug In Hybrid

For sure, internal information systems at BMW are not aligned.
My X3 30e was ordered in September 2021 and produced Jan 14th. Retrofitting needed for 2 semiconductors. Dealer said that car is already in Bremershaven and installation of the missing parts will be done over there. BMW Belgium contact center says that car is still in Spartanburg. Anyway, an extra waiting time between 4 or 12 weeks at least before car will be at dealer. I notice that lots of orders are in the same situation.
Appreciate 1
avi663520.00
      03-01-2022, 09:10 AM   #865
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Anyone had any further updates / time frames?

I'm actually getting fed up with waiting and contemplating cancelling my order now. The infos between BMW Dealer and BMW Genius are so wildly different. It's all a bit of joke to be frank.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #866
rudy_thielemans@telenet.b
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Plug In Hybrid

Quote:

I'm actually getting fed up with waiting and contemplating cancelling my order now. The infos between BMW Dealer and BMW Genius are so wildly different. It's all a bit of joke to be frank.
One week further and still no news. They cannot say at BMW Group Belgium and BMW dealer when or approximately when the car will be delivered. Always same story but no concrete answers.

The worst thing is that my current car is at the end of its lease and has to be returned in next week. This means that my company has to look for a short term rental. Due to the situation with the long delivery times, the rental car rates have risen significantly.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #867
Scotty5858
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Mine is week 9 production, this week.

Dealer advised all on track at present for Uk delivery April 14th!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:28 AM   #868
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

I know how you all feel. Mine is now over 3 month since it was built and still waiting for RAM to be fitted with no date for delivery. I now need a car in less than 2 weeks for a holiday and work. I am in two minds as what to do. Do I just go out and find a car which is available for a quick delivery and cancel BMW or hire a car until it arrives. This is really starting to stress me out now.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #869
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete17 View Post
I know how you all feel. Mine is now over 3 month since it was built and still waiting for RAM to be fitted with no date for delivery. I now need a car in less than 2 weeks for a holiday and work. I am in two minds as what to do. Do I just go out and find a car which is available for a quick delivery and cancel BMW or hire a car until it arrives. This is really starting to stress me out now.
Mine is approaching 2 months now with no real update.
All I get is it's in Bremerhaven.

I'm in the same position. Need the car for holidays and commitments.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:39 AM   #870
richiemail
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40d (G02) LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete17 View Post
That’s making me feel much worse. My new X4 was apparently built early Feb, and I was told it was at sea shortly after (by BMW genius). Dealer was telling me they expected to hand over end March. (I ordered start at July 2021).

BMW online genius is now telling me it’s still in Spartanburg but it would be with the dealer in 2 weeks (!). When I asked about RAM install (I see it’s pending that), and the fact I’d previously been told the car was at sea, they just stopped responding. Amazing customer service for £60K+ purchase…
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #871
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty5858 View Post

Hope it holds true.

Mine was all on track until the week of delivery, then it wasn't. Until that point the dealer said & Genius said all on track......
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #872
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
Got a call from the dealership this afternoon, they have revised their ETA on my M40D, it’s now the 20th of March and that it was on a vessel.

I told them I knew that 5 days ago, I even told them the name of the vessel. The call ended after that.
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2826.50
      03-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #873
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiemail View Post
That’s making me feel much worse. My new X4 was apparently built early Feb, and I was told it was at sea shortly after (by BMW genius). Dealer was telling me they expected to hand over end March. (I ordered start at July 2021).

BMW online genius is now telling me it’s still in Spartanburg but it would be with the dealer in 2 weeks (!). When I asked about RAM install (I see it’s pending that), and the fact I’d previously been told the car was at sea, they just stopped responding. Amazing customer service for £60K+ purchase…
LOL - It's like Alice in Wonderland !

My car was built week 1 December. It's been status 165 & 190 at least twice since, and the latest was 181 1/2/22, but on the other BMW system it's been 9000 since 14/12.

I accidentally found out through the BMW UK website that there was a Technical Enhancement needed, which basically means there is a sales stop until the Receiver Audio Module (RAM) is retrofitted, but the dealer and Genius didn't mention this. In fact, when BMW UK told the dealer to contact us, the sales manager said he wasn't aware of the sales stop until we brought it to his attention!

Apparently, the RAM technical enhancement work was completed 24/2, but still no delivery update.

I can only see the current geopolitical issues causing further delay.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #874
Scotty5858
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Hope it holds true.

Mine was all on track until the week of delivery, then it wasn't. Until that point the dealer said & Genius said all on track......
Fingers crossed.

My only concern for holding up is the missing Wi-fi Function! Dealer has informed me that this will be installed at a later date once delivered to me, and il get notified via the ‘My BMW’ app. Doesn’t sound overly convincing so I’ve emailed BMW UK to confirm!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #875
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640d

Quote:

I had mine M40d ordered mid Sept 2021 with no allocation slot. Suppose to be build in US then moved to SA. Build on 2nd week this year. Collection on this Friday from NI (it’s there for a nearly week now).

I was quite lucky with mine. I don’t know why ! Maybe because it was as one of the first builds in new year so they still had all the parts ?

Looks like Covid is now over and everything is going back to normal but we have signs of global war on horizon….
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 01:34 PM   #876
Scotty5858
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
I had mine M40d ordered mid Sept 2021 with no allocation slot. Suppose to be build in US then moved to SA. Build on 2nd week this year. Collection on this Friday from NI (it’s there for a nearly week now).

I was quite lucky with mine. I don’t know why ! Maybe because it was as one of the first builds in new year so they still had all the parts ?

Looks like Covid is now over and everything is going back to normal but we have signs of global war on horizon….
You was very lucky! Mine was also Sep order with no allocation….. I did get an original February delivery date, that soon got pushed back to Mid- April.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #877
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
Quote:

I'm like you: ordered in Sept and built in early Jan. And now in my hands since two weeks... it must have gone straight from the production line to the boat! (although apparently my dealer did have a build slot for late Nov which got pushed back. As my X3 is a hybrid it was built in Spartanburg. No Harmon Kardon/Tech Pack, either - maybe that's how I missed the RAM-related stop???).

It's really peculiar how some cars have gone through and others have gone missing!

Handover from my dealer was pretty useless in terms of going over the features (or not!) of the car - more about going through the sales process (signing forms, trying to upsell, etc.)… So, although there's no Apple CarPlay, he didn't say a word about the future Remote Update that fixes this. I do have touchscreen and touch capability on the iDrive controller.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #878
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I wonder how this will impact wider production? Looks like plants in Germany and UK will stop production next week due to supply chain issues caused by the geopolitical situation.

https://www.bimmertoday.de/2022/03/0...eeintrachtigt/
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #879
JLomb211
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW x3

Week 8 production in Spartanburg. BMW Genius and MYBMW both say Quality Check.....my dealer says I'm still code 155.....I'm SO lost.....I need an update already.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 07:17 PM   #880
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomb211 View Post
Week 8 production in Spartanburg. BMW Genius and MYBMW both say Quality Check.....my dealer says I'm still code 155.....I'm SO lost.....I need an update already.
BMW Genius are much more accurate.
Appreciate 0