BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #67
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I must be an asshole, because I don't really care he's been clean for 2 years, that he has some decent voice, or that he was discovered on the side of the road.

The guy screwed up his life and I'd rather a guy that stayed on the right path get an opportunity over this clown. His voice would be good for radio, but seriously, that's not an incredible talent. Remember, straight talent isn't enough. Lots of people are talented. Life is about making the right choices and putting yourself in good situations. This guy has continually failed in doing so in his life of drugs and crime. To wipe all that away because he has a voice is just naive. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't hire him. I'm all for second chances, but he could get serious and take a job doing manual labor, cleaning, etc. and probably get on his feet more quickly than holding up a sign waiting for handouts.

To me, this is a hot story that will die and he'll be homeless again once his 15 minutes of Internet fame wears off.
words cannot fathom the amount of mad you are
      01-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #68
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
I must be an asshole, because I don't really care he's been clean for 2 years, that he has some decent voice, or that he was discovered on the side of the road.

The guy screwed up his life and I'd rather a guy that stayed on the right path get an opportunity over this clown. His voice would be good for radio, but seriously, that's not an incredible talent. Remember, straight talent isn't enough. Lots of people are talented. Life is about making the right choices and putting yourself in good situations. This guy has continually failed in doing so in his life of drugs and crime. To wipe all that away because he has a voice is just naive. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't hire him. I'm all for second chances, but he could get serious and take a job doing manual labor, cleaning, etc. and probably get on his feet more quickly than holding up a sign waiting for handouts.

To me, this is a hot story that will die and he'll be homeless again once his 15 minutes of Internet fame wears off.
Whatever the 15 minutes of fame may be that wears off, if he takes a deal that he seems to be getting offered, and doesn't screw up, then his voice and delivery is worth money.

Nobody has to put him in a position of trust, other than to trust him to show up in front of the microphone to read his lines. Look at the Hollywood fuck ups. They just go on the movie set to deliver their lines. Many of them I wouldn't trust with much more.

Hell, we even have a fucking community organizer that all he was able to do was read from a teleprompter. And he ascended to the presidency. I wouldn't trust that jackass with anything.

Funny that this homeless guy, once his hair was cut, resembled what Obama will probably look like in two years.

Last edited by scottwww; 01-05-2011 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:

Are you the manager from National Tire & Battery?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #70
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:

every1 deserve a 2nd chance...if you are perfect all your life then most likely you are not human.
      01-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #71
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

i think his point is that there are probably thousands of other well qualified voice over actors in the country who didn't do drugs and are generally on the right path...but just because this guy is homeless, shows a little humility, and happens to also have a great radio voice, we are throwing him deals left and right...it doesn't make a lot of sense. if anything it's for the media hype - it just sounds better that a homeless guy hit it big.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #72
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:

Name:  1279161171251.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  115.2 KB

i bet there is more than one person on this very forum that once had problems with drugs, alcohol, or maybe even a felony or two. if they managed to bring themselves out of that enough to own a bmw, who's to say ted williams isn't right for the same gift? stfu and have a little tact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Are you the manager from National Tire & Battery?
he just mad cause ted didn't piss on him. golden piss of excellence.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #73
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #74
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Apparently, someone's jealous because he will make more money than them.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #75
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Just found out that Cavs has said they don't care about his record.

NFL films contacted him too.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #76
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Interesting post about the person who got him on vid. Now this guy has got class.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/06/gol...ex.html?hpt=C1

Quote:
It turns out that Doral Chenoweth III, the man who filmed Williams, has a story of his own.

Videographer has played this part before

Five weeks ago, Chenoweth was driving to Lowe's with his wife, Robin, when he spotted a thin man with wild, unruly hair at an intersection. The man held a cardboard sign that read, "I have a God-given gift of voice. ..."

Chenoweth stopped and talked briefly with Williams, but he couldn't stay long because he had company at home. He returned, however, a week later.

"Hey, I'm going to make you work for your dollar," Chenoweth said as he rolled down his window and took out his flip camera. "Let me hear you say something."

What comes out of Williams' mouth is startling. It's a rich, baritone that doesn't match his craggy exterior at all. His enunciation is crisp, his tone smooth as suede.

Williams isn't holding that cardboard sign anymore.

After Chenoweth posted the video, it went viral. Williams did interviews on national television and radio. He's received several jobs offers, including one that comes with a home. A reunion with his 92-year-old mother is being arranged.

But the other character in this contemporary parable had played this part before.

"The first time we dated, he stopped and gave a blanket from the back of his car to a man who was homeless," said Robin Chenoweth. "I thought to myself, if he has this kind of compassion for a man on the street, he's going to make a great husband and father."

Chenoweth is paid to notice people. He's a multimedia producer for The Columbus Dispatch newspaper in Ohio. He said he stopped because he thought Williams might make a good video.

Still, he wasn't so sure after the filming. He said he sat on the video for five weeks until he finally decided to use it because it was a slow news week. Then he watched the video take off.

"I never anticipated this," he said. "A week ago, he was living in a tent behind a station in the middle of December, and now he's being flown to New York and his video is everywhere."

Looking through the lens of faith

But the reason Chenoweth stopped goes deeper than his job.

It's "standard operating procedure" for him, he said, to stop and talk to people who are homeless, whether he's carrying a camera or not.

"It's part of my faith," he said after some prodding about his motivations. "You may not be able to help someone with money, but you can at least say hello, how you doing, and look at them."

Doral Chenoweth III, his wife, Robin, and their children Cassie and Kurtis went on a church mission trip to Tanzania.

About 14 years ago, Chenoweth said he was assigned to photograph a homeless ministry at New Life United Methodist Church in downtown Columbus. He was so impressed by the ability of the 50-member congregation to help the homeless that he and his wife joined.

The church's pastor said that Chenoweth routinely invites people who are homeless to the church for meals and medical attention. He's also photographed people on the street and displayed their photographs to emphasize their humanity, said the Rev. Jennifer Kimball Casto, New Life's pastor.

When asked if she was surprised by Chenoweth's action, Casto said: "Absolutely not. Doral has a special heart for people who are homeless and in need."

Chenoweth's concern for people goes beyond Columbus, and even the United States. His wife said they are regular Habitat for Humanity volunteers. They've also taken seven trips to Africa with their two children, Cassie, 12, and Kurtis, 10, to serve impoverished communities. Chenoweth has documented many of the trips on his website.

"He's taken me all over the world," Robin Chenoweth said. "He's a fabulous husband. It's the best decision of my life to be with him."

Chenoweth sounds thrilled to see where the new-found fame will take Williams.

He had a reunion with Williams after their video went viral. A local radio station interviewed Williams, and Chenoweth was there for the interview.

"We had a big hug and shook hands," Chenoweth said. "He almost cried when he saw me."

Chenoweth was watching a local radio station interview Williams when he saw something that touched him.

"He still has my business card," Chenoweth said. "He's been carrying it the whole five weeks since I gave it to him. He was carrying it right in his fingertips."

Filming a visual parable

The Rev. Tom Long, a professor of preaching at the Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, watched the video of Chenoweth's encounter and saw a visual parable unfold. It reminded him of Jesus' parable of the good Samaritan.

In the parable, a Samaritan, a group of people hated by many first-century Jews, stops to help an helpless man wounded by robbers after two Jewish religious leaders -- a Levite and a priest -- pass the man by. The story was shocking because the hero was a villain (imagine the parable of the Good Crack Dealer).

Chenoweth didn't see Williams as "visual white noise" to tune out, Long said. "He sees possibilities others don't see and acts on them and, wow, here we go," Long said.

Long said there's more to the story than the importance of treating people in need with compassion because miracles may happen. "His (Chenoweth) experiences expose what is already true about people, that even an homeless person who doesn't have a golden throat is nonetheless a child of God."

Casto, Chenoweth's pastor at New Life, said Chenoweth taught another lesson with his encounter with a panhandler.

"We are all broken in some way, but we are also gifted in some way," she said. "Mr. Williams is a perfect example of that."
Attached Images

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8

Last edited by 335e92tx; 01-06-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #77
iseegreen
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

We all deserve second chances, glad he got his . Drug abuse may be the product of a toxic childhood or something else, we don't know so we shouldn't prematurely judge him on his past habits based off of nothing. Atleast now he's a productive member of society who will pay taxes, etc rather than living off the kindness of others.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #78
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
i think his point is that there are probably thousands of other well qualified voice over actors in the country who didn't do drugs and are generally on the right path...but just because this guy is homeless, shows a little humility, and happens to also have a great radio voice, we are throwing him deals left and right...it doesn't make a lot of sense. if anything it's for the media hype - it just sounds better that a homeless guy hit it big.
How about the guy was a big enough fuck up that he became homeless, ended up begging for money, begged a certain guy for money once who ended up really surprised at how great his voice is, so the guy decides to come back and film this homeless guy and post it on youtube. Where in that equation do the other thousands of people fit in? Were they standing behind the homeless guy waiting for their chance to get filmed? No. This was all about the right place at the right time. I don't care that there are thousands of other people who took the "right" path and are't getting job offers because in the end this guy is merely making money off of a bit of luck that happened to find him.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #79
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Tough crowd. Oh, well. I guess having a differing opinion makes you angry. Couldn't be more wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #80
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #81
TommyK
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
video isnt working for me. anyone else having this problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #82
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModProjeKt.com View Post
video isnt working for me. anyone else having this problem?
youtube Ted Williams homeless
      01-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #83
TommyK
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
^ thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #84
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

He's on Jimmy Fallon tonight haha, doing the intro's
      01-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #85
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Jimmy just interviewed him and he sounds like an amazing man. Drugs do a lot to the mind, and imo they are what made him do the things he did in the past crime wise. He is so humble and it makes me happy to see someone that has went through what he has, and still able to focus on the good things in his life. He deserves the good things that are happening to him. Jimmy asked how can people reach him or get ahold of him, and he replied his phone number. When Jimmy laughed because you are not supposed to say your real phone number on TV, he just looked confused and said, " I dont have a website or anything, its the only way I know how people can find me". Heartbreaking to see a man in that position, and I seriously hope he has many good things in the future.

He just made his first voice cover for Mac and Cheese today that will air next week in the Nebraska Boston College game. He almost cried when saying that because its his first step to normalcy.
      01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #86
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Just saw a news clip of him reuniting with his mom <sniff>

Whoa, did I hear he has nine kids?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #87
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Johnny Weir is gay, people. That is breaking news

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-weir-book

01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #88
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

apparently the smoking gun site dug up some dirt on him and he's a felon who's been arrested multiple times with several items on his rap sheet. I think it's mostly petty crime, but nonetheless....

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0