BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-19-2021, 10:38 AM   #67
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Yeah, I'll get one up shortly, not had a chance to do a long drive yet, so not filmed anything great, and been upto my eyeballs with work. But will film some stuff this weekend 😊 off away for the weekend as wife's birthday, so will get some stuff done, with a little luck get the drone up as well for some follow shots etc.

Last edited by the_ape; 11-19-2021 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
RedJon119.00
      11-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #68
thecork
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Yeah, I'll get one up shortly, not had a chance to do a long drive yet, so not filmed anything great, and been upto my eyeballs with work. But will film some stuff this weekend 😊 off away for the weekend as wife's birthday, so will get some stuff done, with a little luck get the drone up as well for some follow shots etc.
Hey the_ape did you manage to detail the instructions by any chance mate? No worries if you've been too busy, keen to try and get it working on mine 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 08:28 AM   #69
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Had a little fiddle, but was wife's birthday weekend so didn't get an awful lot of chance. It's priority this week though after a long drive, would be useful!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #70
thecork
Rep

Quote:
Had a little fiddle, but was wife's birthday weekend so didn't get an awful lot of chance. It's priority this week though after a long drive, would be useful!
Awesome no worries mate, looking forward to it. Such a joke we have to revert to such things when it should be enabled!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:49 PM   #71
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Right had a fiddle today, lots of stuff in there, playing with enabling boost mode, got comfort and sport plus modes working, thought I'd got boost mode working as well, but can't seem to get it to activate, wonder if the i4 has a 'kickdown sensor' on the pedal to enable it? Not driven one so not sure, but should enable on full throttle in sport+ mode. Will keep trying on that.

Lane change, I can't get the SAS2 to hold the setting, but think I know what that is, the x5 had an issue where the car had to be 'started' before going into engineering mode for SAS2 writes to work, so will try that tomorrow when I have 5.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:56 PM   #72
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Right had a fiddle today, lots of stuff in there, playing with enabling boost mode, got comfort and sport plus modes working, thought I'd got boost mode working as well, but can't seem to get it to activate, wonder if the i4 has a 'kickdown sensor' on the pedal to enable it? Not driven one so not sure, but should enable on full throttle in sport+ mode. Will keep trying on that.

Lane change, I can't get the SAS2 to hold the setting, but think I know what that is, the x5 had an issue where the car had to be 'started' before going into engineering mode for SAS2 writes to work, so will try that tomorrow when I have 5.
Quote:

On limited fiddling with Bimmercode, the car had to be started which necessitates removing the charging cable.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #73
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, bimmercode can't read or write the SAS2 anyhow, but seems it's got some form of lo k on it, I'll have a fiddle though.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #74
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, bimmercode can't read or write the SAS2 anyhow, but seems it's got some form of lo k on it, I'll have a fiddle though.
Quote:
Yes it's crab waste of money. Trying to find a windows 7 laptop. Like gold dust.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #75
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ero View Post
Yes it's crab waste of money. Trying to find a windows 7 laptop. Like gold dust.
Hehehe, yeah luckily have a few 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #76
thecork
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Virtualbox VM mate, easy…
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #77
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecork View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecork View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks will give it a try
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #78
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks will give it a try
Hyper-v and virtual box do work, but people have had issues with the virtual network stack getting in a ti's and causing write issues, so I'd play with something that doesn't affect anything or can be set in idrive first.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:13 PM   #79
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi. quick question. do i need PSdZData_Lite or the full version?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #80
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Lite is fine 7nless you want to update the firmware
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:18 PM   #81
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ta
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 01:59 AM   #82
bvm001
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Where can I download the PSDZData_Lite software?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 08:31 AM   #83
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm001 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm001 View Post
Quote:

Send ShawnSheridan a pm (search other threads)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #84
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Think we're there but when plugging in it reads like a windows registry and no obvious terms like the ones you alluded to 🤷
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:41 PM   #85
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

SAS2 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN

module > module option > setting
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #86
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

All programmed, have to have the car 'started' before going into diag mode to program SAS2.

It seems to work just fine on the couple of short trips up and down the dual carriage. I've had to force the flasher to 5 flashes rather than 3 through, else doesn't work, assuming it's because it's not detecting the press down. But will look into if that's because of a setting I hadn't done, that gets done on the 5 flash changes.

The car lights up the outside lane in the dash, shows any approaching cars behind, if nothing indicates and moves out, turns off the blinker and 're attaches' to the center of the new lane.

Now to figure out where the setting for constantly holding the steering wheel is.

Oh and how to get boost mode activating.

If anyone test drives the i4 before me, check to see if it feels like the accelerator pedal has a kickdown style switch at the end of the travel, that's all I can think of, as pressing the pedal to floor doesn't activate the boost mode. But all the settings are in the software for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:35 PM   #87
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well done! I still have a way to go to work out how to do it…
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #88
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'll pop a vid up at some point shortly when have a few mins, chaos at work at the moment but will do it.

Wanna get hands free and boost working and post it all at the same time. Having a look through, there's some stuff about pre heating in there too, not figured how it all hooks together yet though, and not sure if it's complete yet either.

Also remember, don't chuck out the vm/Win7 machine once done, as from what I can see BMW will reset a bunch of this stuff on firmware/ota updates and you will have to do it again.
Appreciate 0