BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #67
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssmith1056 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
I raced a scat pack charger off the light.. put him in his place.

It was maybe 2pm, busy street, plenty of pedestrians, even a cop stopped at the oncoming side of the intersection that I seen prior to our race. Oh and did I mention the woman and her baby stroller that I narrowly missed by a hair?

Fun stuff.
Were you drunk and blindfolded as well?! 😂
Yes and partially (I wasn't wearing my glasses which I'm legally blind without) 😂
      05-18-2022, 03:29 PM   #68
misterdom
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i AW/TacRed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
I raced a scat pack charger off the light.. put him in his place.

It was maybe 2pm, busy street, plenty of pedestrians, even a cop stopped at the oncoming side of the intersection that I seen prior to our race. Oh and did I mention the woman and her baby stroller that I narrowly missed by a hair?

Fun stuff.
You're poking the bear 🤣
Jayf30637.50
      05-18-2022, 04:05 PM   #69
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

One of those polestar 2 things (electric carbuncle) behing me joining M60 motorway at Cheadle. I knew he was itching, going round the bend I accelerated hard and I could see he was trying to impress his bae, in that he responded in kind.

Therefore, being the cunning chap I am, clocked this and calculated the on ramp to be timed such could insert optimally, hit the skinny pedal and off. Of course he followed; these electric beasts are quite agile. Traffic meant dropping down to about 60mph (from around 90), moved into fast lane, awaited the cars in front to pull over and then FUCKING GUNNED IT. That thing did stick at the same point behind but about 80mph noticed it slowly, very slowly, started to drift back. You could tell he was still trying but the gap increased as the speed got higher. Not massively, but about 120mph was probably 15 car lengths behind (versus 80mph about 10). At 130 I would say about 18-20 car lengths but then caution of where the 5-0 hang, and the inability to rapidly scan passed cars for unmarked got the better of me and bailed. Not that it would have made a difference mind, at that speed you're toast.

Don't try this at home kids :->
Appreciate 5
misterdom335.00
Vervain471.00
sunay27345.50
      05-19-2022, 02:42 AM   #70
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
At 130 I would say about 18-20 car lengths but then caution of where the 5-0 hang, and the inability to rapidly scan passed cars for unmarked got the better of me and bailed. Not that it would have made a difference mind, at that speed you're toast.

Don't try this at home kids :->

Is it worth it? Anything over 100mph and its an automatic ban at the very minimum. Also too much dashcam footage around these days which gets handed over to the police.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #71
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

1. Kia Stinger with the V6. I believe they do 0-60 in 4.6. I wasn't planning to race, but when the light changed he jumped ahead of me and tried to pass to get to the turning lane first so I had to shut him down.

I tried to do the same thing to a Tesla Model S once, I jumped from a light and tried to get ahead of him approaching an onramp. He was on to me and jumped too. It ended up being a tie so I had to yield to him as we got to the onramp. I was surprised because most of the Teslas I see drive slow!

2. Maserati Quattroporte (not sure which engine). Also unplanned, but he pulled on me from a light (I don't know why) so I shut him down too.

I regularly smoke all kinds of cars that are camping in the left lane on the highway and then suddenly speed up to try to prevent me from passing them.

My M40i is stock
Appreciate 6