BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #837
CFonAir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW '22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy_thielemans@telenet.b View Post
Status 165 is a tricky one. I got different explanations: could be the car is at sea, could be still at parking lot in Spartanburg factory, could be awaiting installation of missing parts in Bremershaven. Pitty that my car has status 165 since jan 14th and nothing changed in the meantime. And no clear explanation from BMW either.
Mine was at 165 as I left to go to the dealership for delivery. Then it was "delivered" when I got home.

Those statuses aren't very useful.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #838
rudy_thielemans@telenet.b
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Plug In Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFonAir View Post
Mine was at 165 as I left to go to the dealership for delivery. Then it was "delivered" when I got home.

Those statuses aren't very useful.
This company is suffering from its own success. In normal times, they can follow their most outdated systems but when the production routine is interrupted, due to all kind of reasons, everything goes wrong. The worst part is that the customer does not get any accurate and unified information about the delivery time of quite expensive cars.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #839
CFonAir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW '22 X3 M40i

Quote:
This company is suffering from its own success. In normal times, they can follow their most outdated systems but when the production routine is interrupted, due to all kind of reasons, everything goes wrong. The worst part is that the customer does not get any accurate and unified information about the delivery time of quite expensive cars.
I'm not really complaining, just pointing out the online tracker isn't terribly reliable or accurate.

We're trying to buy an equally expensive domestic. The order was "picked up" in August, and since then, we've received precisely zero actual updates. We understand they aren't building the higher-trim/feature-rich models, but they aren't saying anything publicly. We don't know if we're ever going to get the vehicle.

Through our experience, BMW has done a better job than others in terms of giving customers information and setting expectations.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:14 AM   #840
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Competition Pack

Garage List
Hi Guys, Question for the UK people.

I have an X4 on order. Dealer tells me its in Bremerhaven awaiting a part of some sorts. Anyone know how long this takes?

How are people tracking this?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
oddieh0.00
      02-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #841
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_340i View Post

I have an X4 on order. Dealer tells me its in Bremerhaven awaiting a part of some sorts. Anyone know how long this takes?

Thanks
Do you know the current status code of your car and when that status was updated?

There's really no way to track. BMW Genius updates are hollow promises that are likely to change, and the dealers aren't much better. It's a case of sit back, and hope the Russians don't get to Bremerhaven before your car ships.
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2826.50
      02-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #842
oddieh
Rep
Drives: X4 M40D (Coming soon)

Quote:

Thanks
Do you know the production date? Maybe mine is in the same situation (Fabrication date: 25th Jan)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #843
Chris_340i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Competition Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddieh View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Do you know the production date? Maybe mine is in the same situation (Fabrication date: 25th Jan)
My X4 had a build date of 21st Dec.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #844
oddieh
Rep
Drives: X4 M40D (Coming soon)

Quote:
Uffff...
Too much time in Bremerhaven Port! I read that time in port is about one or two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #845
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Any idea when your car arrived at Bremerhaven?

Can't have been very long ago as shipping from Charleston to Bremerhaven takes around 21 days at sea, and there's usually a delay (QC, transportation, Xmas closing 22/12-4/1? etc) between the build date and arriving at the port of exit.

The first vessel from Charleston to Bremhaven this year left Charleston 8/1.

My X3 M40 was a December week 1 build (3/12) and hasn't arrived in the UK yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 02:28 PM   #846
Enlisted Member
Rep

Parking lots at Bremerhaven port are full of cars waiting for missing parts to be installed after been shipped from South Africa or USA
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 02:38 PM   #847
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Parking lots at Bremerhaven port are full of cars waiting for missing parts to be installed after been shipped from South Africa or USA
Heard similar for other things such as Seadoo Jetskis which are being delivered to dealers with the cockpit missing...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 09:25 AM   #848
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

So my LCI X3 is due to be built 1st week of March and gets locked in very soon. I am thinking of adding a Pano roof and the dealer has told me this may or may not push build back. Its due for May delivery. Not sure what to do as i want the car for summer really.

Has any one else added a Pano roof and had the build pushed back due to adding after original order??
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #849
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone waiting on delivery tried their VIN on the BMW Owner>Recall bit of the BMW Website ?

I've got this, which I believe relates to the RAM, and not sure if this will delay delivery or is just a dealer thing......

"There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0065480300."
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 10:55 AM   #850
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

Just checked mine and it as one on it as well. If only I was in that lucky position to be able to book it in.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #851
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete17 View Post
Just checked mine and it as one on it as well.
Perhaps this explains the continuing delay in delivery?

The latest from by dealer was expecting delivery by end of Feb "according to the system". I suspect this date will come and go without delivery.

I just wish someone at BMW or its dealers could provide honest answers.

Last edited by avi66; 02-19-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 02:04 PM   #852
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Oh my I was expecting you to get your car weeks ago, really feel for the delay it’s tantalisingly close.

I’m sure when it arrives all this will be forgotten, will keep my fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 07:44 PM   #853
Goldiegee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
So my LCI X3 is due to be built 1st week of March and gets locked in very soon. I am thinking of adding a Pano roof and the dealer has told me this may or may not push build back. Its due for May delivery. Not sure what to do as i want the car for summer really.

Has any one else added a Pano roof and had the build pushed back due to adding after original order??
I asked my dealer to add an option and he said it would delay the build by 6 weeks minimum. Mine is due to be built in week 9.
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2826.50
      02-20-2022, 02:42 AM   #854
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiegee View Post
I asked my dealer to add an option and he said it would delay the build by 6 weeks minimum. Mine is due to be built in week 9.
Yeah going to give it a miss. Waited long enough as it is.
My one is also BW9 seems a lot of UK production happening then ba car was originally DEC 20...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:01 AM   #855
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiegee View Post
There's no guarantee that even if your car is built at the correct week and leaves the factory, it won't hit a delivery stop situation due to a component being unavailable during build.

Reading across several forums, BMW appears to be shipping cars that are missing components and will not be delivered to the dealer until the part is retrofitted. In the meantime, BMW updates your status as if the car moving along, when in fact it won't go to the dealer until retrofit has been completed and est w/c delivery is worthless.

I suspect there are many cars parked up in lots awaiting bits for options that are showing on the VIN, but are not on the car yet.

This tool (or the BMW Website recall section) can help identify any outstanding defect codes on your VIN - https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:38 AM   #856
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
There's no guarantee that even if your car is built at the correct week and leaves the factory, it won't hit a delivery stop situation due to a component being unavailable during build.

Reading across several forums, BMW appears to be shipping cars that are missing components and will not be delivered to the dealer until the part is retrofitted. In the meantime, BMW updates your status as if the car moving along, when in fact it won't go to the dealer until retrofit has been completed and est w/c delivery is worthless.

I suspect there are many cars parked up in lots awaiting bits for options that are showing on the VIN, but are not on the car yet.

This tool (or the BMW Website recall section) can help identify any outstanding defect codes on your VIN - https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/
That’s right, my car has some missing components when leaving production since Jan 14th. I just checked the tool and got following info:

error code: 0066640100

Is the tool giving online information or is this delayed?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:46 AM   #857
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That’s right, my car has some missing components when leaving production since Jan 14th. I just checked the tool and got following info:

error code: 0066640100

Is the tool giving online information or is this delayed?
AFAIK the tool is using an API with BMW systems. It only sees what information BMW has registered at that time, so only as accurate as the info BMW input.

I can see the same information on BMW UK website. It's under the owners menu > recall > enter VIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:57 AM   #858
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
AFAIK the tool is using an API with BMW systems. It only sees what information BMW has registered at that time, so only as accurate as the info BMW input.

I can see the same information on BMW UK website. It's under the owners menu > recall > enter VIN.
Top, thanks for sharing. I have the impression that you know a lot about this. For me it is important to know where my car is currently. It was produced in Spartanburg with the missing chips. The local dealer told me that the car is already in Bremershaven to install the chips there, but this has been refuted by BMW Group Belgium. In the event that the car is still in Spartanburg, it will take an average of 8 weeks before it reaches the dealer. But no one can give me a straight answer here.

Last edited by rudy_thielemans@telenet.b; 02-20-2022 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0