BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #771
Flipflop99
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI 2.0d SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Mine is odd

It got to build week without any hitch then ....

It didn't get built !

And next we know it is scheduled back into build 7 weeks later

Why ?

Who knows ... The dealer said they had experienced quite a few xline and MSport orders "slipping "
Thank god ours is just an SE! Perhaps even the model spec affects it?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #772
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
As well as the above, and to answer several questions for UK and the continent, such as Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. The following is relevant:

- All X3's (as well as X4, X5, X6) for this market are built in Spartanburg South Carolina.

- Shipped by sea to Southampton.

- Prepared and shipped to UK dealers from distribution point in Southampton area. They do NOT go to Thorne near Doncaster.

- Cars destined for the continent are shipped out of Southampton by large ship for distribution to rest of continent.
My x3 was delivered in October and the guy who delivered it had collected it from Thorne!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #773
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2touch View Post
My x3 was delivered in October and the guy who delivered it had collected it from Thorne!
Yes and that was October 2014 I presume? It is now February 2015 and according to my dealer (he has no reason to lie), this has recently changed to Southampton.

If you find out differently, I will bow to your superior knowledge.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #774
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Yes and that was October 2014 I presume? It is now February 2015 and according to my dealer (he has no reason to lie), this has recently changed to Southampton.

If you find out differently, I will bow to your superior knowledge.
To be fair, you didn't indicate this had recently changed. My last F25 X3 definitely went through PDI in Thorne (supplied by BMW Park Lane, the only BMW owned dealer in the UK). Not sure what happened with my new one but it still took a week from being delivered in Southampton to actually being available for delivery to me. It's not like there's a massive volume of X series being delivered to the UK at the mo so that kind of suggests that they're not being PDI'd close to the point of delivery if it takes a week. Having said that, I can't say I've seen the usual car transporters on the M1 recently so maybe it's a very recent change.

Last edited by TuffLittleUnit; 02-13-2015 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: poor English
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 04:33 AM   #775
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
As well as the above, and to answer several questions for UK and the continent, such as Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. The following is relevant:

- All X3's (as well as X4, X5, X6) for this market are built in Spartanburg South Carolina.

- Shipped by sea to Southampton.

- Prepared and shipped to UK dealers from distribution point in Southampton area. They do NOT go to Thorne near Doncaster.

- Cars destined for the continent are shipped out of Southampton by large ship for distribution to rest of continent.
Mine also went to Thorne before dealer, before which it had been to Bremerhaven, Gothenburg and Antwerp before arriving into Southampton.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #776
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Thank God!

I felt a bit disturbed by the off chance that my vehicle could have been sent to Switzerland instead of Sweden - a common mistake by many US citizens - but it came in good order to the right country. Order in March and delivery in September due to initial slow production. It seems that living in the UK and ordering a BMW from the US is more of a gamble. Any connection to old conflicts?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #777
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Thank God!

I felt a bit disturbed by the off chance that my vehicle could have been sent to Switzerland instead of Sweden
Wait! What? Switzerland and Sweden are different countries? You'll be telling me that Scotland isn't in England next, you joker, you
      02-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #778
WorksopOWLS
Rep
Drives: BMw X1 / X3 on order

Update on my new X3

15 plate will be ready for collection on Sunday. Will post some pics when ive finished playing. Not seen an LCI yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #779
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorksopOWLS View Post
Update on my new X3

15 plate will be ready for collection on Sunday. Will post some pics when ive finished playing. Not seen an LCI yet.
Really delighted for you ... Honestly !

Where the f*** is mine

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #780
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorksopOWLS View Post
Update on my new X3

I saw two last week on a bit of a half term road trip across the north of England, both Msports 20d's

One space grey on the York ring road on Wednesday with a private plate

One white one southbound on the A1 nr Durham on Friday on London plates (64 reg)

Initial thought the grey one coming towards me was an X5

That is my lot ... Saw rafts of evoques though

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #781
P1Fanatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 30d M-Sport Alpine White

Quote:
I saw two last week on a bit of a half term road trip across the north of England, both Msports 20d's

One space grey on the York ring road on Wednesday with a private plate

One white one southbound on the A1 nr Durham on Friday on London plates (64 reg)

Initial thought the grey one coming towards me was an X5

That is my lot ... Saw rafts of evoques though
We have two in the work car park alone and seen another at my clay shooting club.
      02-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #782
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Fanatic View Post
We have two in the work car park alone and seen another at my clay shooting club.
Ahh the North-South divide

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 02:14 PM   #783
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Undoubtedly true.... I was at the caviar merchants today and the valet parking service was simply awash with them....
      02-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #784
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Really delighted for you ... Honestly !

Where the f*** is mine
Alledgedly mines due to be built next week, I'm not sure I dare email the dealer just in case I tempt bad news!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #785
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

may sound stupid , but : what is LCI ?
      02-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #786
Upstate_X3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2015 BMW X3  [0.00]
LCI = Life Cycle Impulse

BMW speak for midlife refresh of the vehicle.

2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i Vermillion Red Metallic/Leather Nevada Mojave, Retired with 49,750 miles
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #787
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate_X3 View Post
LCI = Life Cycle Impulse

BMW speak for midlife refresh of the vehicle.
thank you. So it means a facelift.
      02-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #788
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
Alledgedly mines due to be built next week, I'm not sure I dare email the dealer just in case I tempt bad news!
Funnily enough I have received a revised order form for mine through the post this weekend with a revised delivery date of 30/04/15

However my sales guy is on holiday till 28/02 so I havent a scooby doo what is going on !

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #789
WorksopOWLS
Rep
Drives: BMw X1 / X3 on order

I ordered mine start of Sept so that's 6 months from placing order in the UK.

Last edited by WorksopOWLS; 02-24-2015 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 04:39 AM   #790
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
I have one outside my house most mornings, and in the car park when I am at work.

Really enjoying owning - no niggles at all mechanically which you sometimes get with New Cars. Only getting about 36mpg which isn't great but about the same as I was getting in my Volvo so can't complain really..

Also wheels don't bother me at all. I have not seen an X-Line with in the flesh with proper wheels so perhaps my mind would change then but not sure it matters that much in the end. Was more annoying at the time.

Wish heated seats remembered the setting all the time. Annoying to have to keep switching them on if left for a period of time.. Won't be coding as a lease vehicle..

Always have and always will like the automatic boot.. Such a wow factor..

Oh and Mocha interior just so nice really glad of colour combination chosen Black/Mocha..

Hope you all get good news soon...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #791
P1Fanatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 30d M-Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
I have one outside my house most mornings, and in the car park when I am at work.

Really enjoying owning - no niggles at all mechanically which you sometimes get with New Cars. Only getting about 36mpg which isn't great but about the same as I was getting in my Volvo so can't complain really..

Also wheels don't bother me at all. I have not seen an X-Line with in the flesh with proper wheels so perhaps my mind would change then but not sure it matters that much in the end. Was more annoying at the time.

Wish heated seats remembered the setting all the time. Annoying to have to keep switching them on if left for a period of time.. Won't be coding as a lease vehicle..

Always have and always will like the automatic boot.. Such a wow factor..

Oh and Mocha interior just so nice really glad of colour combination chosen Black/Mocha..

Hope you all get good news soon...
36 mpg is what I get in my pre LCI 30d. Isn't it a new 20d unit in the LCI?

Auto bootlid and maybe reverse camera are the only other options I would have wanted but alas buying used its a case of ticking as many boxes as you can rather than all. I actually find closing the bootlid on the X3 awkward in terms of where to put my hand. I use the internal handle to pull it down but when transitioning to the outside there seems no obvious place to put your hand. I dont like touching the paintwork when dirty as easy way to get scratches in your paintwork.
      02-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #792
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Fanatic View Post
36 mpg is what I get in my pre LCI 30d. Isn't it a new 20d unit in the LCI?

Auto bootlid and maybe reverse camera are the only other options I would have wanted but alas buying used its a case of ticking as many boxes as you can rather than all. I actually find closing the bootlid on the X3 awkward in terms of where to put my hand. I use the internal handle to pull it down but when transitioning to the outside there seems no obvious place to put your hand. I dont like touching the paintwork when dirty as easy way to get scratches in your paintwork.
Yes new engine on my LCI. I don't do hardly any Motorway mostly A and B road stuff. I don't think I am a bad driver - but I do wonder sometimes. When I first had it I tried going really easy and using economy button etc. but now I am not doing that MPG hasn't really changed to be honest..
Appreciate 0