BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-07-2022, 01:34 AM   #23
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3m

Superman spec for the win. That’s what I have and love it, 892 and red brakes too
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #24
Edgar_FriendlyX3M
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Your build sheet will indicate what your order status currently is. Sounds like you're 047 AKA Order queue without a production slot assigned. You need to find a dealer that has an actual production # allocation for sale. I called about 25 dealers within 50 miles of me to find one. Submitted my order Monday, was given a production # within minutes. My build sheet now says order status 111 - Accepted at AG. Now I'm just waiting for my production # to be scheduled for a build (April-May).
You have 25 BMW dealers within 50 miles of you? That's damn impressive.
Appreciate 1
Strick251.00
      04-07-2022, 01:28 PM   #25
DG-X5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F95 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_FriendlyX3M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Strick;28772118"
Your build sheet will indicate what your order status currently is. Sounds like you're 047 AKA Order queue without a production slot assigned. You need to find a dealer that has an actual production # allocation for sale. I called about 25 dealers within 50 miles of me to find one. Submitted my order Monday, was given a production # within minutes. My build sheet now says order status 111 - Accepted at AG. Now I'm just waiting for my production # to be scheduled for a build (April-May).
You have 25 BMW dealers within 50 miles of you? That's damn impressive.
May have been an exaggeration but Jersey/PA/NY have a concentration that's not half bad either 😂

Here's just NJ:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 11:40 PM   #26
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTI

Update:

Paid my local BMW dealership a visit this morning. Within 30min, the sales manager had several leads on allocations. By the time I had my order spec'ed out and submitted to my CA, I had a production allocation secured.

Added Executive Package to the build. Vehicle offered at $83,600 MSRP, that's $93,980 including sales tax, license/registration, and "mandatory" $499 window tint and $199 nitrogen tire inflation. That's a lot of coin! Scary.

Was told my car should be ready by June. My order code should change to 111 with my name on it "soon". IDK what build week that corresponds to. I noticed that digital key delete was absent from the build. Looks like it's back.

The only question I have remaining on my build is whether to keep Ventilated Seats and lose adjustable side bolsters, or keep them.

Now I need to cancel my other order at BMW SF. Feel slightly guilty for doing so. This seems more logic to place an order at my local dealership, especially considering the sales manager sourced an allocation. This was not offered to me at the other dealership. My CA also explained that customers local to the dealership are more likely to obtain an allocation. Also that allocations to dealership are weighted by monthly sales. This dealership I'm guessing pooled from their dealership network or simply "horse traded" for my allocation. Either way, I'm happy, and can't wait to get my car.

The only wrinkle on the transactions was pushing "mandatory" window tint and nitrogen tire fills. While I waited for paper work, I calculated that's ~800g worth of nitrogen for $199. Unsure if I'll make it stink over these charges when it's time to take delivery.

Last edited by SearsTurnSix; 04-07-2022 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
Strick251.00
      04-08-2022, 06:01 AM   #27
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Manual

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
Nitrogen filled tires are snake-oil in my opinion on anything besides a race car. Unfortunately at this time a number of dealers will sell X3 M’s at MSRP with “mandatory” accessories to eek a little more cash from a buyer. They also screw your for unreasonable doc fees. 500-1000 for about an hours work. Used to be those were negotiable but not in these days of insane car prices.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 09:01 AM   #28
Strick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC, 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearsTurnSix View Post
Update:

Paid my local BMW dealership a visit this morning. Within 30min, the sales manager had several leads on allocations. By the time I had my order spec'ed out and submitted to my CA, I had a production allocation secured.

Added Executive Package to the build. Vehicle offered at $83,600 MSRP, that's $93,980 including sales tax, license/registration, and "mandatory" $499 window tint and $199 nitrogen tire inflation. That's a lot of coin! Scary.

Was told my car should be ready by June. My order code should change to 111 with my name on it "soon". IDK what build week that corresponds to. I noticed that digital key delete was absent from the build. Looks like it's back.

The only question I have remaining on my build is whether to keep Ventilated Seats and lose adjustable side bolsters, or keep them.

Now I need to cancel my other order at BMW SF. Feel slightly guilty for doing so. This seems more logic to place an order at my local dealership, especially considering the sales manager sourced an allocation. This was not offered to me at the other dealership. My CA also explained that customers local to the dealership are more likely to obtain an allocation. Also that allocations to dealership are weighted by monthly sales. This dealership I'm guessing pooled from their dealership network or simply "horse traded" for my allocation. Either way, I'm happy, and can't wait to get my car.

The only wrinkle on the transactions was pushing "mandatory" window tint and nitrogen tire fills. While I waited for paper work, I calculated that's ~800g worth of nitrogen for $199. Unsure if I'll make it stink over these charges when it's time to take delivery.
Happy you found an actual allocation! If you call BMW genius with your production # they will tell you what week your build is scheduled for. I'm week 24, we're probably in the same batch
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 09:25 AM   #29
piokor06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Happy you found an actual allocation! If you call BMW genius with your production # they will tell you what week your build is scheduled for. I'm week 24, we're probably in the same batch
This is news to me. Where can I find this number to find mine? All you do is call and ask for the production week?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #30
Strick
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by piokor06 View Post
This is news to me. Where can I find this number to find mine? All you do is call and ask for the production week?
I found this cool guide: https://www.******.com/threads/bimme...ealership.683/

However here's the excerpt: "The BMW production number is a is a 7 digit number that ties you to the allocation. You should receive your production number within a few hours or within the next day of ordering your car. Next, learn the BMW Genius phone number - 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487). Say "production status" when prompted (their phone system sucks and I had to say it multiple times to get landed with a Genius). Asked the Genius what my build date was, provided production #, and was told week #24. Simple
Appreciate 1
piokor06104.50
      04-08-2022, 08:19 PM   #31
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
Nitrogen filled tires are snake-oil in my opinion on anything besides a race car. Unfortunately at this time a number of dealers will sell X3 M’s at MSRP with “mandatory” accessories to eek a little more cash from a buyer. They also screw your for unreasonable doc fees. 500-1000 for about an hours work. Used to be those were negotiable but not in these days of insane car prices.
Agreed. I would have walked over that.

However, I do consider tint "mandatory"
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:07 PM   #32
DBU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4MC - Marina Bay Blue

Welcome. Just wanted to make sure that you could choose the standard blue calibers by simply not checking the "free" red caliber box. Same thing if you want a spare tire.
I just had my order for a X4 MC (very similar to yours) going to status 111 (order accepted). Build week is week 20 - mid May.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #33
DBU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Update:

Your dealer should have given you a "Vehicle Inquiry" printout. At the very top of that, you will see the coveted Production number and your Status.
With the production number, you can register at BMWUSA.COM ("My Vehicle") and see the status of your order as it changes. No need to call the Genius line...
The Nitrogen and Tinting is 100% pure profit for the dealer. In essence you paid a bit over MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 12:12 AM   #34
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Your dealer should have given you a "Vehicle Inquiry" printout. At the very top of that, you will see the coveted Production number and your Status.
With the production number, you can register at BMWUSA.COM ("My Vehicle") and see the status of your order as it changes. No need to call the Genius line...
The Nitrogen and Tinting is 100% pure profit for the dealer. In essence you paid a bit over MSRP.
Thanks for the information. I don’t have the Vehicle Inquiry printout, nor the Production number yet. Will ask about that tomorrow.

And I will also dispute the N2 and tint changes. I could threaten to pull the order. Don’t know how much leverage I have. Hope it doesn’t come to that.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 11:45 AM   #35
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Manual

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post

I love tinted front windows but from my experience it gives the police a reason to pull you over to validate the tint meets state regulations and to go on a fishing expedition to find other things revenue generating. Where I live it’s 30% but when I go back to PA the rules on tint are ambiguous, at best.

As I’ve gotten older I also find tint makes it harder to see at night so my last 2 cars have not been tinted.
Appreciate 1
spta971408.00
      04-09-2022, 12:24 PM   #36
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Quote:

I love tinted front windows but from my experience it gives the police a reason to pull you over to validate the tint meets state regulations and to go on a fishing expedition to find other things revenue generating. Where I live it’s 30% but when I go back to PA the rules on tint are ambiguous, at best.

As I’ve gotten older I also find tint makes it harder to see at night so my last 2 cars have not been tinted.
Quote:
Quote:

I love tinted front windows but from my experience it gives the police a reason to pull you over to validate the tint meets state regulations and to go on a fishing expedition to find other things revenue generating. Where I live it's 30% but when I go back to PA the rules on tint are ambiguous, at best.

As I've gotten older I also find tint makes it harder to see at night so my last 2 cars have not been tinted.
It's pretty much illegal in my state but that hasn't stopped me.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 07:05 PM   #37
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My CA called me at 10am sharp this morning to let me know I now have a production number. He also sent me the Vehicle Inquiry PDF. I have my production number and status is "111 - Order Accepted at AG". Mentioned I will be disputing the nitrogen charges.

I'm unable to create an account at BMWUSA.com. When I attempt to register, the "Register now" stays greyed out, regardless of what info I enter.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 07:08 PM   #38
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Welcome. Just wanted to make sure that you could choose the standard blue calibers by simply not checking the "free" red caliber box. Same thing if you want a spare tire.
I just had my order for a X4 MC (very similar to yours) going to status 111 (order accepted). Build week is week 20 - mid May.
I checked the box for red calipers, and I want red calipers. Sounds like you prefer blue? Is that what you referring to?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 01:11 PM   #39
DBU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I checked the box for red calipers, and I want red calipers. Sounds like you prefer blue? Is that what you referring to?
Yes, that is what I am referring to. I have only seen two X4M in the flesh at dealerships. They both had red calibers and it didn't look right to me. Personal preference...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 01:18 PM   #40
DBU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My CA called me at 10am sharp this morning to let me know I now have a production number. He also sent me the Vehicle Inquiry PDF. I have my production number and status is "111 - Order Accepted at AG". Mentioned I will be disputing the nitrogen charges.

I'm unable to create an account at BMWUSA.com. When I attempt to register, the "Register now" stays greyed out, regardless of what info I enter.
Congratulations! You can still make changes to your build from Status 111, if you like. Now would be a good time to really scrutinize that vehicle inquiry PDF. Also, a production number is associated with a "build week" and your CA should be able to tell you that. We are roughly on the same timing as far as getting production number, although my number supposedly was for an April date originally. Anyway, my car is set for final assembly in week 20.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 01:36 PM   #41
Strick
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Glad you were able to finally land an allocation!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 08:42 PM   #42
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that is what I am referring to. I have only seen two X4M in the flesh at dealerships. They both had red calibers and it didn't look right to me. Personal preference...
I think the deep blue paint contrasts well with the red calipers and red interior. Although, black might also work. It would also hide brake dust as a side bonus.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 08:50 PM   #43
SearsTurnSix
Enlisted Member
Rep

OK - Serious gut check time.

I thought I was committed to spending this much ($94k after taxes, license/registration), but I must say I'm feeling cold feet. This purchase is an expensive toy / luxury item that makes zero financial sense, objectively.

My alternatives would be to buy a new Outback ($40k) or just continue driving the GTI. I can afford to make the purchase. But will I regret it?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #44
goldfz8
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Bmw 135

Similar boat as you but I drive a 2016 x6 that i will be trading in. I live in nyc and drive from queens to downtown every day for work. my car is coming out to about 100k after everything. Does it make sense.....absolutely not. Can i spend my money on something 1/4 of the price or just keep my x6 yea...but I choose happiness over money. I love motorsports and ive had the cold feet multiple times while I await my delivery which should be due at the end of this month. I also work in hotels which at any moment can shut down due to covid and out gov being terrible.

In the end im getting the car because Its what will make me happy.

PS also found out im having a kid a few weeks ago and my wife and mom both suggested i cancel my order.....they got a firm NO. Im not worried about being broke or not being able to provide...If all else I sell the car in a year and take a 10k hit or more. I am just trying to live for today.

Hope this helped with making your decision.
2016 BMW X6
Appreciate 1
DBU236.50