BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #23
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i / 2016 228i

Not sure if the X3M comes with remote auto start or not but something to keep in mind you may lose that feature with a Carbahn tune.

I've been patiently waaiting to get my M850i tuned but am reluctant to lose my remote start feature....
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 12:26 PM   #24
Bimma360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabster2010 View Post
Huh? I mean did you read the quote?

I mean look at all the issues that people complain with their exhausts and stuff

This is the company you want to deal with, when its run by engineers and not...

bean counters...
You mean the quote I quoted by sourcing together different parts of the interview? Nope.

I have already eluded that Carbahn would be my first choice, especially for the tune.

Bean counters or not, I'll judge a company by their products and service. Fun fact, in the early days of the e36 M3 Dinan exhausts would crack where the piping met the back of the muffler. No one is immune to production/design issues, especially in the early years of a model. How the company handles it is what I personally care about. For the X3M exhaust it looks like they have either resolved the production issues or are currently being resolved. And by the actual few that have complained on the forums, Dinan has provided great customer service. Speaking for myself, I have zero concerns about the X3M exhaust from Dinan. It's SS, sounds great, looks great, and is at a great price point. To my ears and taste, it's one of the best sounding. Whether it was designed by "yes men" engineers/ bean counters or not, I don't really care. Product and service. But that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 09:20 PM   #25
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Not sure if the X3M comes with remote auto start or not but something to keep in mind you may lose that feature with a Carbahn tune.

I've been patiently waaiting to get my M850i tuned but am reluctant to lose my remote start feature....

Doesnt look like you loose it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:27 AM   #26
M4Lou
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21'-x3m40i 23'-m4c 24'-x3mc

Idk if this is fully relevant - here is a thread/video of one of our forum member w/ a Carbahn tune - getting a max of 77hp over stock.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2030086

Watch the video, the max gain is 77hp, rear wheel. But look at the graph in the video - most gains are above 6200 rpm. The gains from 2500 to 6200rpm on average are not 70+hp.

I guess the warranty is great? You gotta wonder if there are many (or any) warranty claims?? These S58's seem to handle 600hp pretty easily, or more.

Also, if I am removing my DME and sending it to femto - I kinda expect 100hp gain at a minimum. My point is, seems like the Carbahn tune is kinda mild.
Appreciate 1
itslaff68.00