BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #23
ATCO41
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F11, F40, iX3 (ordered)

Thanx, then i'm just gonna remove it and don't bother replacing it. Saw a black version on AliExpress but €40 for just a black i is a bit steep.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 04:58 AM   #24
Hyperduc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW IX#

I will help you with it Niels, take the polish stuff with me when you have collected your car :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #25
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1883 View Post
I’ve not no. But the AliExpress one looks more “open” than the existing one anyway, so if anything it would be more airflow & I can’t see how it could get too cold. So willing to give it a go

Still waiting on the part from AliExpress? keen to find out more on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 04:38 PM   #26
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro, BMW Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0710 View Post
Still waiting on the part from AliExpress? keen to find out more on this.
Yes, the tracking now shows it’s cleared customs in the UK. Hopefully not too much longer
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #27
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

4:07 - grill install....... at a glance, there appears to be a wire feeding through the centre of the front frame - not sure what this is and if one is to replace the front grill, what to do with it

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #28
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

ItÂ’s finally arrivedÂ… initial impressions are itÂ’s great quality.

Will try and have a go at the install tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 04:48 PM   #29
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 Charge + Carbon

Quote:
ItÂ’s finally arrivedÂ… initial impressions are itÂ’s great quality.

Will try and have a go at the install tomorrow.
Wuhuuuu - looking forward to see if it works - i was planing to order it myself, but the dealer told me that it wouldnt succeed as he was informed that the Ix3 had sensors in the front. Hopefully he is wrong and I will order it... keep us posted++
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 04:51 PM   #30
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Wuhuuuu - looking forward to see if it works - i was planing to order it myself, but the dealer told me that it wouldnt succeed as he was informed that the Ix3 had sensors in the front. Hopefully he is wrong and I will order it... keep us posted++
Yeah there’s a camera in the front. This has the hole for the camera and clips to clip the camera into. It also comes with blanking plastic for cars that don’t have a camera, but don’t think any iX3s come without one 🤷🏻

If your dealer meant the radar, they’re mistaken as that’s below the number plate.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #31
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah there’s a camera in the front. This has the hole for the camera and clips to clip the camera into. It also comes with blanking plastic for cars that don’t have a camera, but don’t think any iX3s come without one 🤷🏻

If your dealer meant the radar, they’re mistaken as that’s below the number plate.
The dealer wasnt sure - but as im still waiting my car to arrive i hoped that someone with the car would try to figure out if it was working -looking forward to see the pictures and have it confirmed that the new grill works fine.. and I will make an order on ali
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #32
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

I was planing to get these.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/160050...D&from=Android
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:36 PM   #33
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Ah they’re a clever idea. Look like they just stick over the original grill?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 02:36 AM   #34
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

It's on... I'm really happy with the results!

Was really just a case of getting the original unclipped and the new one clipped in. The top clips are easy as very visible and can get a small screwdriver in to them to unclip them. The bottom ones though... you have to be brave and just pull! I was VERY lucky I think and didn't have any snap. Though in reality if you did snap them, I am pretty sure the grill would stay in place...

As that leads onto an issue I do have with the item, I noticed this morning one of the bottom clips is broken but I really can't be bother with the hassle of an aliexpress return, plus I've measured the side with the broken clip to the other against the panels and it's the same, so seems to not really affect things too much.

I know some people were concerned about cooling so have included a picture with the original grill off so people can see what's behind it.

Also I've shown the camera working. The camera is a self contained unit, so all that's in both grills is a hole. The lens and protective plastic for it are built into the camera unit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      07-28-2022, 03:12 AM   #35
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Was really just a case of getting the original unclipped and the new one clipped in. The top clips are easy as very visible and can get a small screwdriver in to them to unclip them. The bottom ones though... you have to be brave and just pull! I was VERY lucky I think and didn't have any snap. Though in reality if you did snap them, I am pretty sure the grill would stay in place...

As that leads onto an issue I do have with the item, I noticed this morning one of the bottom clips is broken but I really can't be bother with the hassle of an aliexpress return, plus I've measured the side with the broken clip to the other against the panels and it's the same, so seems to not really affect things too much.

I know some people were concerned about cooling so have included a picture with the original grill off so people can see what's behind it.

Also I've shown the camera working. The camera is a self contained unit, so all that's in both grills is a hole. The lens and protective plastic for it are built into the camera unit.

WAAAAAAAWWWW what a difference - going to order mine now. Thank you for sharing thoughts and pictures
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 03:33 AM   #36
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Was going to ask if you minded taking a picture from 5-10mtres
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 03:35 AM   #37
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Was going to ask if you minded taking a picture from 5-10mtres
I will do! But I haven't got 5-10m in front of it at the moment, so will do as soon as I get the opportunity
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 04:21 AM   #38
handymanuk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

This looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 05:08 AM   #39
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

On a second thought, i have the M Sport on order. Looking at pictures i dont think i have a front camera
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 05:16 AM   #40
JM1883
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
On a second thought, i have the M Sport on order. Looking at pictures i dont think i have a front camera
The grill is compatible with both. It comes with a blanking plate for if there is no camera.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 05:19 AM   #41
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The grill is compatible with both. It comes with a blanking plate for if there is no camera.
sounds good then! grill on order...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 08:19 AM   #42
Maurice_S
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 (G08)

Quote:
The top clips are easy as very visible and can get a small screwdriver in to them to unclip them. The bottom ones though... you have to be brave and just pull!
Just pull forward? No screwdriver or any other tool used?

And the broken clip of the new grill? Delivered this way or did you break it during install?

But looks really amazing and would love to see it from a little distance too and could you also make a picture of the bottom clips of the original grill? Thanks!! Going to order too.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #43
MATR
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30e

It looks amazing!! Does it protect what is behind it as much as the original one or does the original just look like that due to aerodynamics?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 02:36 PM   #44
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:

Woooooow, that Fu***** Nice, looks so good - thank you for all the pictured, and confirming that no sensors will be blocked... I will order mine aswell, thanks to you
Appreciate 0