BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #23
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero71 View Post
Don't leave it in comfort at speed - it does feel kinda bouncy. Above 50mph I stick it in Sport to bring some control back.
yes. also the comfort mode in this car kind of sucks. it's actually not really comfortable than sport, just more bouncy.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 01:56 AM   #24
Incitatus
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I'm at 2500 miles and was thinking recently that it seemed softer, I just assumed that I was getting used to it a bit. But just maybe it has softened up a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 11:06 AM   #25
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
yes. also the comfort mode in this car kind of sucks. it's actually not really comfortable than sport, just more bouncy.
I've noticed with this car comfort steering is a bit loose on the freeway. May actually use sport steering setting too.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:48 PM   #26
itsmabs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TT RS, M3

Tire pressure was good, even a lil low. I took it for a few laps around some crumby nyc roads. I noticed the comfort setting is the worst thing in the world for the suspension.

When I said hard, that didn't really describe my gripe, it was more the bouncing all over the place. Putting it into sport actually improved things quite a bit for me.

Then really it just took me a bit to find the seating position that felt good for me. I'm 6'4 and the seat felt 'short" like my legs were hanging off. Took a bit to find the right angle where that didn't feel the case.

I did also feel that way about comfort steering on the highway, I might go sport all the way through as my default.

Thanks for all the feedback/tips!
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #27
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmabs View Post
I did also feel that way about comfort steering on the highway, I might go sport all the way through as my default.
yeah, its a little like the F31 in that respect. Sport seemed to help a bit, but the "deadzone! trait is still there.

Its no means a deal breaker....but you do notice it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 06:32 AM   #28
Carmicro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: T

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmabs View Post
Tire pressure was good, even a lil low. I took it for a few laps around some crumby nyc roads. I noticed the comfort setting is the worst thing in the world for the suspension.

When I said hard, that didn't really describe my gripe, it was more the bouncing all over the place. Putting it into sport actually improved things quite a bit for me.

Then really it just took me a bit to find the seating position that felt good for me. I'm 6'4 and the seat felt 'short" like my legs were hanging off. Took a bit to find the right angle where that didn't feel the case.

Thanks for all the feedback/tips!
Comfort setting is a odd one... on good road it feels very good and smooth but once the road has a few defects you bounce over them.. I actually use sports on bad roads and it works a treat it cushions the ride better!

At the moment I’m in sports, sports and comfort steering
Appreciate 0