BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #23
SoCalX3M-Bro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M LCI Brookly Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
In technicality, all mods voids your warranty.
But, hey, going 10 mph over speed limit is technically illegal.

I've had mine for 2 years now.
Still a blast to drive everyday.

Currently building G80 M3 shop's car, but once I lowered it, I can't really enjoy the car.
1. Too old to get in and out a lowered car
2. Have to watch out for steep driveway and dips and speed bumps
3. Less room
4. Can't see anything if you are stuck in traffic
5. Feels cheaper built material than X3M

While on X3M, it is everything and anything.

Yes, I wasn't too happy in stock form, but after my personal touch (not following the break-in procedure properly) and mods.
My X3MC is a perfect daily and weekend canyon carving / track day car.

Will be going to the track again beginning of October.
His car is amazing and so is Ben!

I'm going to be doing most of the same things he has done very soon!
      09-14-2021, 08:59 PM   #24
Hook'Em
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M (ordered), 2022 X3MC

SoCalX - Any chance you could grab some dragy results with your new setup?
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer2006.00
      09-15-2021, 01:51 PM   #25
SoCalX3M-Bro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M LCI Brookly Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'Em View Post
SoCalX - Any chance you could grab some dragy results with your new setup?
Sure.....Where do I get a draggy? LOL.

I'll talk to Ben.
      09-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #26
Hook'Em
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M (ordered), 2022 X3MC

Dragy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalX3M-Bro View Post
Sure.....Where do I get a draggy? LOL.

I'll talk to Ben.
https://www.amazon.com/dragy-10Hz-Ba...s%2C200&sr=8-3

Just purchased one myself.

Bryan
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #27
LeopardM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M3, '20 X3MC, '03 540i MSp

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am OBSESSED with my car. Love love the X3MC, perfect all-around DD that does everything. And holy crap it's fast.

My one point of contention/criticism:
Even in comfort mode, the suspension is a LOT stiffer than in my 2015 X5 50i MSport. You feel everything. Moreover, I don't see a huge difference in the suspension between comfort mode and sport mode. So, I may, in the future, get some aftermarket shocks to improve DD comfort a bit. Aside from that, couldn't be happier.

Another thing of note, I know that they've made certain improvements in the LCI, but for me, pre-LCI is where it's at. I hate the new tail lights, and I don't like the new cluster that BMW is using in all its cars now AT ALL. So I'm really happy I have a 2020, that cluster is amazing.
2003 540i MSport
1991 Red 318i (M50B25 engine swap)
Appreciate 3
      09-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #28
Sottozero
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC 2022

I picked my car up on Tuesday. 2022 X3MC in Alpine White, with the new 21" forged wheels, exec + comp packages, blue calipers.

I cannot stress enough what an absolutely amazing car this is. I love, love, LOVE driving it. It's the best car I have ever owned, by a longshot.

The suspension in comfort mode is fine. It's athletic and ready, but the reports of it being way too harsh are completely overblown, IMO. It's not a beanbag on wheels, and if you're looking for that sort of ride, well, an M car probably shouldn't be on your shortlist. But comfort mode is smoother than touring mode in my ZL-1.

I'm still in break-in, but the power delivery is deceptively smooth. On the way back from the dealer, I caught myself cruising at 91 or 92 and didn't even realize it. Really sneaky. It's so effortless.

I configured my M1 and M2 paddles and took a spin around iDrive 7.0. The wireless CarPlay is great, zero issues connecting. The Harmon-Kardon sound system is fantastic. Brakes are absurdly strong too, but this is my first M car, and they make my Jeep GC's brakes feel like they were rubber bands wrapped around a dinner plate.

The car is just so COMPETENT in every area, and I still haven't dipped into the engine 100% yet.

I bought this sans test drive (there were zero cars anywhere to be found to take out for a spin), so I relied heavily on YouTube, this forum and a couple FB groups to glean as much information as I could.

And I am 110% thrilled. It's a perfect daily driver that has beastmode when I want it. And at least in Alpine White, it flies below the radar for many - here in MI, I would guess 90% of people have no idea what it is. I dig that.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on my (several) threads that I used to gather real-world info about the car.
Appreciate 5
      09-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #29
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottozero View Post
I picked my car up on Tuesday. 2022 X3MC in Alpine White, with the new 21" forged wheels, exec + comp packages, blue calipers.

I cannot stress enough what an absolutely amazing car this is. I love, love, LOVE driving it. It's the best car I have ever owned, by a longshot.

The suspension in comfort mode is fine. It's athletic and ready, but the reports of it being way too harsh are completely overblown, IMO. It's not a beanbag on wheels, and if you're looking for that sort of ride, well, an M car probably shouldn't be on your shortlist. But comfort mode is smoother than touring mode in my ZL-1.

I'm still in break-in, but the power delivery is deceptively smooth. On the way back from the dealer, I caught myself cruising at 91 or 92 and didn't even realize it. Really sneaky. It's so effortless.

I configured my M1 and M2 paddles and took a spin around iDrive 7.0. The wireless CarPlay is great, zero issues connecting. The Harmon-Kardon sound system is fantastic. Brakes are absurdly strong too, but this is my first M car, and they make my Jeep GC's brakes feel like they were rubber bands wrapped around a dinner plate.

The car is just so COMPETENT in every area, and I still haven't dipped into the engine 100% yet.

I bought this sans test drive (there were zero cars anywhere to be found to take out for a spin), so I relied heavily on YouTube, this forum and a couple FB groups to glean as much information as I could.

And I am 110% thrilled. It's a perfect daily driver that has beastmode when I want it. And at least in Alpine White, it flies below the radar for many - here in MI, I would guess 90% of people have no idea what it is. I dig that.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on my (several) threads that I used to gather real-world info about the car.
congrats! and agreed, lovin mine more and more every day.

now post some pics
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 03:57 PM   #30
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
In short; hell yes!!!!
Appreciate 2
      09-20-2021, 10:26 PM   #31
gallagher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3 M Competition

It’s a fantastic car and incredibly practical for an M car. That said, it is objectively not comfortable from a suspension and ride standpoint. I came from an E39 and even by that standard it was still a downgrade. I even swapped contis for larger Scorpion A/S. Modest improvement although that has faded over the life of the tire.

Personally, it’s the best car I will never buy again. But it has converted me into a believer in the performance SUV category. My next car will either be X5MC or GLE63 AMG for greater comfort, more spacious interior (I’m 6’1”, 150 lbs and it is cramped), and less spine-tingling harshness over any road imperfection, of which there are a surprising number in South Florida.
Appreciate 1
dds007420.50
      09-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #32
Sottozero
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
It’s a fantastic car and incredibly practical for an M car. That said, it is objectively not comfortable from a suspension and ride standpoint. I came from an E39 and even by that standard it was still a downgrade. I even swapped contis for larger Scorpion A/S. Modest improvement although that has faded over the life of the tire.

Personally, it’s the best car I will never buy again. But it has converted me into a believer in the performance SUV category. My next car will either be X5MC or GLE63 AMG for greater comfort, more spacious interior (I’m 6’1”, 150 lbs and it is cramped), and less spine-tingling harshness over any road imperfection, of which there are a surprising number in South Florida.
I am 6'2", 190 lbs and it's not too small - for me. Bigger would be wasted on me at this time in my life.

Also, I have the LCI and the Comfort mode ride isn't that bad at all, but they seem to have improved it a bit with the refresh.

I am with you - I am a huge fan of the performance SUV category. I'll be here for some time.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #33
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm 6'4 230, I fit just fine, its why i got the car, love it.

My only real gripe is they fucking neutered the sound system. The amp in the trunk is the size of a water bottle and you have to turn shit up to 75% jsut to get "sound" out. So the LCI was the victim of supply shortages which unfortunately hit a few perks of the car. HK sound, Wirelss charging, digital key, and now probably more going into the new 22 year.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:18 AM   #34
BigJazz21
Jared@DS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition LCI

Garage List
Thumbs up No Ragrets lol

I sold my S550 Mustang V8, Focus RS MK3 and bought the 2022 X3MC Lci and love the car so far, it's a little thirsty on fuel even in the cruise but I think it's more smiles per gallon, rather than miles per gallon.

My dog prefers it too as I have set up his bed in the boot / Trunk and he is definitely more comfortable in there as I take him to work every day. It's a solid car all round and the doors and panels are pretty heavy duty compared to other cars I have.

My only niggle is the engine sounds a little unrefined compared to the rest of the car but apparently it's normal for the S58T.

That's my brief take on the car

BR

Jared
Attached Images

BMW X3M Competition LCI
BMW E36 M3 Evo Coupe
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      10-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #35
X3MBullet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:

Currently building G80 M3 shop's car, but once I lowered it, I can't really enjoy the car.
3. Less room

Yes, I wasn't too happy in stock form, but after my personal touch (not following the break-in procedure properly) and mods.

Hey. Can you share your details and link to where you got your wheels?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13123.50
      10-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #36
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15Bullet View Post
Quote:

3. Less room

Hey. Can you share your details and link to where you got your wheels?
I own a shop.
So, I get it from myself.
If you need a set, I can get it for you.
Just PM me which style and finish, and I'll get you a quote.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #37
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Just sold my lease to the dealer that I do service through and stepped into a manual CT4 Blackwing. I had the 2020 for about 16 months. Overall I liked the vehicle. It handled well for a SUV and was quite fast. The interior was good for it's performance trimmed price range and the overall size worked well for us.

Big negatives for me were the seats and the ride quality. The M seats, at least for my body, were the worst of any modern vehicle I've ridden in. The CT4 BW seats by comparison have more bolstering, more adjustment on the bolstering, lumber massage, better seating position and are super comfortable. Second was ride quality. I'm not referring to how stiff it was either, just the lack of composure on rough roads.

I'm more of a car guy but we need a SUV so I solved that problem by convincing my wife to get the SUV that way I can have the car I want for a DD. I just sold my 987.2 as well this week so I have to have my manual.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:58 PM   #38
geddylee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

I find the X3 M40i to be really an outstanding package. I find the engine and steering to be near perfect for a daily, but the ride quality with passive dampers to be kinda flinty feeling and the seats are rock hard.

Does the 22 X3M ride better than the X3M40? I'm already thinking the S58 will be a disappointment from the B58. I think the B58 suits this package perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:01 PM   #39
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
Just sold my lease to the dealer that I do service through and stepped into a manual CT4 Blackwing. I had the 2020 for about 16 months. Overall I liked the vehicle. It handled well for a SUV and was quite fast. The interior was good for it's performance trimmed price range and the overall size worked well for us.

Big negatives for me were the seats and the ride quality. The M seats, at least for my body, were the worst of any modern vehicle I've ridden in. The CT4 BW seats by comparison have more bolstering, more adjustment on the bolstering, lumber massage, better seating position and are super comfortable. Second was ride quality. I'm not referring to how stiff it was either, just the lack of composure on rough roads.

I'm more of a car guy but we need a SUV so I solved that problem by convincing my wife to get the SUV that way I can have the car I want for a DD. I just sold my 987.2 as well this week so I have to have my manual.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:15 PM   #40
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Aren't caddies geared toward overweight baby boomers?

I mean every Caddy I've seen including current production escalades I feel are hideous..... but the best VAN money can buy I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:28 PM   #41
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Aren't caddies geared toward overweight baby boomers?

I mean every Caddy I've seen including current production escalades I feel are hideous..... but the best VAN money can buy I suppose.
If you want a manual sports sedan you don't have many choices. In the 65-85k price range it's either this or a M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #42
BMW-fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, M550i, F80 M3, E90 M3

Pretty happy owning the 2021 X3MC. Ride quality was a bit of a concern initially, but it was fully addressed with the software upgrade and swapping tires for PS4S. Not as nimble as F80 M3 I had, but X3MC is much more drivable in cold weather and snow with AWD. I'd prefer more low end torque and I think it was partially improved with LCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #43
mikeym40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Hope this isn't a silly question but recently leased an 2022 M40i and can't stop thinking about getting a X3MC instead lol. Is there still a market to buy leases or would I have to wait until my period is over?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #44
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

I personally love my 2020 X3MC. It is the most amazing vehicle I have ever owned and I am still amazed with the power it has when you nail the gas.

I came from a 2005 E46 M3 Competition 6MT and I do not miss it at all. The X3MC is better in every single measure (except looks lol). It is WAY faster, handles better, and tech is like a space ship in comparison (though 15 years will do that).

I still have a 07 Armada which is my hauling vehicle. No one has ever sat in the back seat of my X3MC and I really don't need one. But the lack of having to crawl in/out to me is priceless.

My favorite aspect of this car (SAV) is you can tote around town normally without drama and then change to insane speed/handling in an instant.

I really have no gripes overall and the ride quality is better than anything I have owned before - the recent software update seems to have improved the harshness though which was welcome.
Appreciate 1