BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2023, 08:05 AM   #23
Scottycs19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X3M, 16 X5 35i

Hydrogen ICE performance cars will never a be a thing is the point im making. They are too inefficient. I am a fan of Musk and Musk is usually right, not always, but usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
Not sure what you're getting at, other than having drunk deeply from the well of Musk.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 07:40 AM   #24
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and LC500

Don't forget that the next gen batteries (likely solid state batteries) are going to be lighter than the lithium ion batteries that are currently in use. BMW has said that a full fat BEV M car is coming. If they can get the overall weight to be close to the current gen M3 but the weight is down low, that thing is going to run circles around the M cars of today.

I personally think that the new C63 is a bit of a bust (this based only on what I've read though), but if the lighter, new gen battery tech can be utilized effectively in some sort of PHEV application for future M cars, it will be a step forward.
Appreciate 0