BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-13-2022, 12:32 PM   #353
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mercedes CCS cooling is aerospace technology
F87 said he thinks normal coolant with squeezed in rads was used to cool the Mercs PU's in the tests in those pencil central bodies, unless other tests were done in Brackley which they probably were it may be skipped for the first few races having this chemical coolant..if at all. When I think chemical for PU I see something quite toxic.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 01:38 PM   #354
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
F87 said he thinks normal coolant with squeezed in rads was used to cool the Mercs PU's in the tests in those pencil central bodies, unless other tests were done in Brackley which they probably were it may be skipped for the first few races having this chemical coolant..if at all. When I think chemical for PU I see something quite toxic.
Yeah , F87 won't say a bad word from Mercedes and he thinks too much BS . He's such a Mercedes preacher ..

I'm pretty sure , a rocket isn't using normal coolant .The Chief Technical Officer "Pat Symonds" said that the Mercedes CCS cooling is using Rocket Technology !

See post # 252 ..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 01:59 PM   #355
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Of course Ferrari boss wanted to get an exec manager in with a 'innocent' look but behind his look is a serious decision maker.
Saturday (Yesterday) : Mercedes sawed a piece of the W13's floor .
It was meant to eliminate the porpoising . But it didn't worked ..

Is this sand bagging ? I don't think so ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #356
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah , F87 won't say a bad word from Mercedes and he thinks too much BS . He's such a Mercedes preacher ..

I'm pretty sure , a rocket isn't using normal coolant .The Chief Technical Officer "Pat Symonds" said that the Mercedes CCS cooling is using Rocket Technology !

See post # 252 ..
It's in it's early stages there as Max flew past him easily but yes knowing them they could change to rocket mode by the race weekend with even the 'jumping' magically disappearing.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:10 PM   #357
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

?????
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #358
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Saturday (Yesterday) : Mercedes sawed a piece of the W13's floor .
It was meant to eliminate the porpoising . But it didn't worked ..

Is this sand bagging ? I don't think so ...
Ah now seing that bit sawed away is funny, not sandbagging but saw dusting on the floor after hacksaw action
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:13 PM   #359
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:

See post # 252 ..
Did you even read that article or did you just pull quote the title, because I'm thinking all you ever do is pull titles.... Articles always use flashy titles to capture attention this is called click bait, and its funny to me you fell for it.

1) Merc used more efficient air to water heat exchangers to help package things more tightly.

"So for example the intercooler, is a very, very neat device, it's a water/air intercooler, which of course Mercedes have had for a little while, but I think this is a little bit different.

"And that's why they can really shrink wrap this car a little bit more than most of the others can."

2) the rocket technology they're using comes from the heat exchanger on air breathing rocket engines derived from reaction engines. So Merc is copying the super efficient heat exchanger tech they have.

Expanding on what Mercedes had done, he added: "The intercooler that I was talking about, I think, comes from Reaction Engines in Oxfordshire, the people who are doing this sort of air breathing rocket motor, and the sort of spin-off from that has been this really extremely efficient heat exchanger technology.

"And I think that's part of the reason why they've been able to produce the car the way they have."

3) conventional rocket engines use cryogenic fuels like liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen to cool the outside of the "cone" on their engines so they don't melt. That's why when you look at rockets on the launch pad it looks like the engines are frozen. How they do this is they put p the cryogenic fuels along the outside of the "cone" and into the opening at the bottom on the engine before releasing it inside. This causes it to also act like a coolant for the rocket engine, a very clever design. Hydrogen and oxygen are not toxic, but that's besides the point as mercedes doesn't use these fuels and can't keep them cryogenic.

Quote:
If you look at the w13 without the engine cover on, the radiator setup is still the exact same as in Barcelona.

In terms of toxic chemicals everything is toxic to a degree in F1 cars, brake fluid, engine oil, exhaust fumes, the fuel etc. So it's kind of how it is.
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #360
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
?????
So obvious that's out of order, wing on top of the mirror, I can't see stewards saying that was okay as they went along with their build.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:22 PM   #361
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's in it's early stages there as Max flew past him easily but yes knowing them they could change to rocket mode by the race weekend with even the 'jumping' magically disappearing.
We'll see that soon enough next weekend during QF-3 ..

I'm convinced that Mercedes is sand bagging ..
But making the car jumping like a wild horse and cutting holes in the floor ..

According insiders : HAM said that the W13 feels like a wild rodeo !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #362
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
?????
Another click bait title, did you even read it?

They didn't even circle the right area that teams don't like. First off it's not the top mirror faring, all teams have that. It's two things:

1) the little sticking up strakes that teams don't like, but is again legal as the rules allow those strakes to be present on the mirror mount and do not restrict the count of these elements.

2) it's the way the mirror is minted to the chassis, Mercedes cleverly used the side impact structure to mount the mirror so they could add those strakes onto the impact structure increasing its aerodynamic ability. Now technically the mirror mount should be a separate piece that attaches directly to the chassis, but Mercedes cleverly interpreted the rules to allow the mount to be the impact structure, i.e. if you have a mount close enough to the side pact structure it will be the side impact structure. Kyle analyzed this as well for legality.

Also this is alpha tauri's mirror, same thing but no one is complaining. Notice the mirror has a tiny piece touching those sticky uppy bits making the whole array considered to be mirror mounting and thus legal.

NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:34 PM   #363
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
We'll see that soon enough next weekend during QF-3 ..

I'm convinced that Mercedes is sand bagging ..
But making the car jumping like a wild horse and cutting holes in the floor ..

According insiders : HAM said that the W13 feels like a wild rodeo !
They may be sawing and drilling more like Williams have by the time of the race to tame the bucking bull, they may even have yet another floor to put in stored away on a shelf.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 02:36 PM   #364
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Did you even read that article or did you just pull quote the title, because I'm thinking all you ever do is pull titles.... Articles always use flashy titles to capture attention this is called click bait, and its funny to me you fell for it.

1) Merc used more efficient air to water heat exchangers to help package things more tightly.

"So for example the intercooler, is a very, very neat device, it's a water/air intercooler, which of course Mercedes have had for a little while, but I think this is a little bit different.

"And that's why they can really shrink wrap this car a little bit more than most of the others can."

2) the rocket technology they're using comes from the heat exchanger on air breathing rocket engines derived from reaction engines. So Merc is copying the super efficient heat exchanger tech they have.

Expanding on what Mercedes had done, he added: "The intercooler that I was talking about, I think, comes from Reaction Engines in Oxfordshire, the people who are doing this sort of air breathing rocket motor, and the sort of spin-off from that has been this really extremely efficient heat exchanger technology.

"And I think that's part of the reason why they've been able to produce the car the way they have."

3) conventional rocket engines use cryogenic fuels like liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen to cool the outside of the "cone" on their engines so they don't melt. That's why when you look at rockets on the launch pad it looks like the engines are frozen. How they do this is they put p the cryogenic fuels along the outside of the "cone" and into the opening at the bottom on the engine before releasing it inside. This causes it to also act like a coolant for the rocket engine, a very clever design. Hydrogen and oxygen are not toxic, but that's besides the point as mercedes doesn't use these fuels and can't keep them cryogenic.

If you look at the w13 without the engine cover on, the radiator setup is still the exact same as in Barcelona.

In terms of toxic chemicals everything is toxic to a degree in F1 cars, brake fluid, engine oil, exhaust fumes, the fuel etc. So it's kind of how it is.
Allright ...The Chief Technical Officer "Pat Symonds" is a liar !

On the other hand : In 2019 Mercedes knocked already on Nasa's door .

I'm convinced in the coming months more will leak from the Mercedes CCS cooling ..
Meanwhile I can understand very well that the Mercedes CSS cooling remains top-secret ..

Just like DAS and the Party-Mode was !

BTW : Where is the Mercedes rear-squat suspension ?

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-13-2022 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #365
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Another click bait title, did you even read it?

They didn't even circle the right area that teams don't like. First off it's not the top mirror faring, all teams have that. It's two things:

1) the little sticking up strakes that teams don't like, but is again legal as the rules allow those strakes to be present on the mirror mount and do not restrict the count of these elements.

2) it's the way the mirror is minted to the chassis, Mercedes cleverly used the side impact structure to mount the mirror so they could add those strakes onto the impact structure increasing its aerodynamic ability. Now technically the mirror mount should be a separate piece that attaches directly to the chassis, but Mercedes cleverly interpreted the rules to allow the mount to be the impact structure, i.e. if you have a mount close enough to the side pact structure it will be the side impact structure. Kyle analyzed this as well for legality.

Also this is alpha tauri's mirror, same thing but no one is complaining. Notice the mirror has a tiny piece touching those sticky uppy bits making the whole array considered to be mirror mounting and thus legal.

Negative ..

The Mercedes spaceship mirror was noticed very quicky by the other teams ..
At this point the Mercedes spaceship mirror "was allowed" by the FIA .

That's why Alpha Tauri did a Copy-Cat ..

I said "was allowed " because Binotto and Horner aren't done with it .

We'll see it soon enough !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #366
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Negative ..

The Mercedes spaceship mirror was noticed very quicky by the other teams ..
At this point the Mercedes spaceship mirror "was allowed" by the FIA .

That's why Alpha Tauri did a Copy-Cat ..

I said "was allowed " because Binotto and Horner aren't done with it .

We'll see it soon enough !
The alpha Tauri debuted in Barcelona with these mirrors, here's an image from day 3 of Barcelona:

This was before Mercedes launched the new w13 side pods with their fancy mirrrors. So again you're making stuff up.
      03-13-2022, 04:00 PM   #367
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Here's what Scarbs is saying:

1) He says he thinks merc was purposely running as low as possible to purposefully induce porpoising so they know what causes and how far they can push the car before this issue occurs. Me personally I have no clue.

2) He says that the merc zero pods are literally a transfer over of what they had in Barcelona, just the outer skins were changed. Again this implies the cooling system was the same as in Barcelona. I have been saying this too because the radiator positions have not changed from what I can see. Like I said before even if mercedes had some kind of CCS which I do not suspect they do have, it would not impact side pod packaging it is very easy to go bigger as you can just leave hollow empty space within the sides of the car to get to a larger state. Vs. going smaller where you have to remove stuff.

3) He talks about porpoising and underbody aero stalling being the cause, not the side pods. He points out redbull is inducing rake on their cars so that when the car sink due to down force the rear levels out as the downforce generation moves backwards. This backwards movement of down force could also be why teams are running stiffening stays on the rear section of the floor to prevent it from touching the track and stalling the floor.
      03-13-2022, 05:25 PM   #368
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They may be sawing and drilling more like Williams have by the time of the race to tame the bucking bull, they may even have yet another floor to put in stored away on a shelf.
Wolff : I've been seeing a psychiatrist since 2004 ...

As we witnessed how he destroyed his Bose headphone .The psychiatrist didn't helped his anger outbursts !

Since then Bose is gone ...

Source => https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/106...sychiater.html

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-13-2022 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 4
NYG11585.50
M5Rick66604.00
DrFerry6748.00
      03-13-2022, 05:54 PM   #369
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

As we witnessed how he destroyed his Bose headphone .The psychiatrist didn't helped his anger outbursts !

Since he's held 33 per cent shares in that team he's been going off the cliff earlier than f1 tyres.
Appreciate 3
NYG11585.50
      03-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #370
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

I'd honestly like to see competition against Pirelli.

I'm 100% certain that Goodyear and Michelin can make better F1 tires. Michelin slicks are so much better than Pirelli DHs.
Appreciate 4
      03-14-2022, 03:09 AM   #371
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Look in The Sun in sport F1 to see Christian H laying into tots with a few home truths who is basically running pet merc 'part time' away from Brackley at his tax haven in Monaco completely opposite to Horner who works,eats and sometimes sleeps at MK hq.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50
      03-14-2022, 05:56 AM   #372
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Look in The Sun in sport F1 to see Christian H laying into tots with a few home truths who is basically running pet merc 'part time' away from Brackley at his tax haven in Monaco completely opposite to Horner who works,eats and sometimes sleeps at MK hq.
Yeah . I see that . As usual I wouldn't trust Wolff ..

Helmut Marko : We don't care what other teams are saying about us . We are completely focused to our car . So far so good , we are happy with our latest updates and data results .
Our car and updates will improve again for the first race of the season...

MAX : We didn't showed all our cards , because we know Mercedes is sandbagging as usual !
I never pushed the car to the limit during the winter tests ...

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
NYG11585.50
DrFerry6748.00
      03-14-2022, 06:04 AM   #373
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The alpha Tauri debuted in Barcelona with these mirrors, here's an image from day 3 of Barcelona:
Of course mate . As usual you know it better than Binotto and Horner .

Do you suffer from allergic reactions ?

I mean , it seems you are allergic for the Red Bull team and MAX ...

While your drama fashion Queen is playing his mind f@ck games ...

Appreciate 3
NYG11585.50
M5Rick66604.00
DrFerry6748.00
      03-14-2022, 06:07 AM   #374
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . I see that . As usual I wouldn't trust Wolff ..

Helmut Marko : We don't care what other teams are saying about us . We are completely focused to our car . So far so good , we are happy with our latest updates and data results .
Our car and updates will improve again for the first race of the season...

MAX : We didn't showed all our cards , because we know Mercedes is sandbagging as usual !
I never pushed the car to the limit during the winter tests ...
The tax avoiding pet merc poseur will be smiling showing his fangs when the 13 miraculously catches up with Ferrari, while we pay our taxes he lounges about on his boat while his workers work hard for a pittance.
Appreciate 2
NYG11585.50