BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #331
aw305
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC Alpine White

Met up with M3NACE today and coded his beauty of a car. Black with red interior is so stunning!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
r33_RGSport13513.50
LimiX4m40152.50
FSociety3859.00
Max Well5003.00
AZM40i261.00
      05-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #332
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Got extra time on my hand today.
Rewrapped my strut bar with CF Vinyl.
Attached Images

Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 6
aw3051459.00
LimiX4m40152.50
AlexFL7926.50
FrankieNuo1373.00
Max Well5003.00
AZM40i261.00
      05-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #333
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Used my new hitch and got nice and dirty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
usu335i110.50
FSociety3859.00
AlexFL7926.50
FrankieNuo1373.00
pluckydks624.00
Max Well5003.00
BrockDM2155.00
PCM281010.50
AZM40i261.00
      05-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #334
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Great use for a hitch. Those are my favorite kind of bike racks.Mine has a lever that allows the whole rack to tilt back so you can open the hatch. I picked up a 3-bike Thule with blinkers and lights in Italy. Europeans are adamant about hitch bike rack lights and even require a license plate. Much more complex than in the States.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1373.00
      05-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #335
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
What wrap did you use? Link me 👍🏼
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1373.00
      05-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #336
FrankieNuo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' G80

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
Decided to xpel stealth wrap my X4m. Got my car back today and gotta say I love it beyond. Hats off to mark the owner of phenomonal vinyl in long island. He had Matthew his lead master installer work on the entire car on his own due to corona shortage of staff. That guy has gold hands. Gotta love this film and the ease of maintenance and washing it. I also powder coated the rims black gloss. Some day and night shots.
Looks dope! Saw you on 50th Street Friday!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:57 PM   #337
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Quote:
What wrap did you use? Link me 👍🏼
It was Vivvid brand. Got it from Amazon about 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #338
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
It was Vivvid brand. Got it from Amazon about 2 years ago.
I used that brand for my clear PPF for my rear mud flaps - quality stuff albeit hard to cut smooth due to thickness.

How did you wrap it? Was it one piece meeting on the back or wrapped around like a bandage?

I like the aluminum of the bar, but was thinking of doing something with the support braces behind the grills.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13513.50
      05-18-2020, 11:17 AM   #339
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
I used that brand for my clear PPF for my rear mud flaps - quality stuff albeit hard to cut smooth due to thickness.

How did you wrap it? Was it one piece meeting on the back or wrapped around like a bandage?

I like the aluminum of the bar, but was thinking of doing something with the support braces behind the grills.
It is thick.
I use heatgun to soften it up. I don't do full 1 piece wrapped since it is mainly just for the look.
I don't have patience in doing wrap. So, normally I hire a vinyl guy for that. But, since I have time, I do whatever my skill on wrapping allows me to. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #340
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Ceramic updates for iDrive and AC unit

Some minor additions over the weekend
Ceramic controls for iDrive controller and AC control unit
(still need to change the silver accents to high gloss black, but this will have to wait until I take the console/trim pieces out to get everything done)

Ceramic for iDrive controller

Ceramic controls for AC unit

All of them
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 5
pluckydks624.00
Transfer5290.50
dazzapb1056.00
leon360x143.50
AZM40i261.00
      05-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #341
BrockDM
Major
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Used my new hitch and got nice and dirty.
Looks like you had a good time! Its been slowly getting warmer here in IL so I've been heading out every chance I get. A lot of rain though so I end up coming back looking the same as you haha
Appreciate 1
Transfer5290.50
      05-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #342
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Some minor additions over the weekend
Ceramic controls for iDrive controller and AC control unit
(still need to change the silver accents to high gloss black, but this will have to wait until I take the console/trim pieces out to get everything done)
nice! ps couldn't help but notice, do you work for Redhat?

pps - re: the ceramic knobs can they be fitted individually or are they embedded in the part...?

Last edited by dazzapb; 05-18-2020 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 04:23 AM   #343
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post

pps - re: the ceramic knobs can they be fitted individually or are they embedded in the part...?
Yes I do work for Red Hat

The knobs are part of the entire assembly, it’s not really feasible to remove them
(You would have to take the entire unit and iDrive apart which likely will result in damage to the surfaces and other issues) and reinstall just the knobs I tried it once on my F10 and it wasn’t worth it.
Also buying the repair kit with ceramic knobs is significantly more expensive than buying the actual parts.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1056.00
      05-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #344
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Quote:

Yes I do work for Red Hat

The knobs are part of the entire assembly, it’s not really feasible to remove them
(You would have to take the entire unit and iDrive apart which likely will result in damage to the surfaces and other issues) and reinstall just the knobs I tried it once on my F10 and it wasn’t worth it.
Also buying the repair kit with ceramic knobs is significantly more expensive than buying the actual parts.
Nice thanks for the info. Gonna stick with standard but kinda wish I did all ceramic it looks amazing.

I guess by definition it's IBM now. bit of a RHEL fan myself (defo in the last 5 years or so especially centos) recently did the sys admin 8 exam. I know there is so much more to redhat now ansible, gluster,openshift all great stuff
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 05:45 AM   #345
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Had alignment done today after springs change.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26196101
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #346
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:

OH really? What springs you got now? Inquiring minds want to know
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #347
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Quote:

OH really? What springs you got now? Inquiring minds want to know
Ah it was the mss ones a few months back but with lockdown I'd hadn't managed to get around to an alignment check.

Still more then happy with them
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #348
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Stock primary catted downpipe and non-catted, non-resonated mid-pipe.

It does.
The goal here is to gain power.

Thank you.
I may need to add resonator.
It sounds perfect under Efficient mode.
Perfect under Sport mode too, unless if you gunning it. Too raspy.
Sport plus, even crazier.

I have taken video, just need to edit and upload it.
Sounds nice on idle, but under load, it just screams.

Can't do dragy run with this. Neighbors and police will be after me.
That's exactly what SuperSprint told me. You can delete the secondary cat and resonator, but if you do it goes raspy. Too long a run of straight pipe. Acce98 tried that route and verified it first hand. He went back and added a resonator. It is necessary with this vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #349
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
I saw Alex do it first. Gave me the push. Anyone in the NY metro area let me know I'll get you with the owner. Speaking of also received the supersprint H pipe. See what difference that will make.
H pipe = resonator delete? Let me know how you like it please.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #350
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I saw Alex do it first. Gave me the push. Anyone in the NY metro area let me know I'll get you with the owner. Speaking of also received the supersprint H pipe. See what difference that will make.
Hey Carl. So yes I had the pleasure of buying the supersprint H pipe direct from Italy. I had it installed about a week ago and I'll say definitely different tone and slightly louder. The wot Was good and is better now. There was very low frequency hum or very low drone perhaps as the rpm passed 3k. I'd say it's negligible to me and my passengers but it was still there if you know what I mean. Definitely overall improvement. Their H pipe is well crafted and doesn't disappoint. After a week of driving I spoke with Acee98 about perhaps going secondary cat delete as well. He spoke about his ups and downs and how overall it's more difficult living with a louder car in Europe because of these sound regulations. We spoke about the metallic sound that may or may not be for everyone. Originally he had the same
H pipe installed and secondary cat delete pipes from SS. After a while he went ahead and placed resonators instead of those secondary cats. Now a week later I went ahead and decided to go the Original setup acee had. I decided not to spend $1200 for supersprints cat delete pipe. I figured why not just go to a good muffler shop and install 2.5 inch 304 stainless steel pipes and replace the secondary cats and use my stock pipes. Overall I'll save big money and my cost was $160 for full install. I'd like to say I really love this setup now. Any hum I had at 3k Is completely gone. Absolutely zero drone in any rpm. I've always complained that this car sounded like it has a stuffy nose. Now you hear it breath clear and just loud when you want. The wot is epic. I've lived with a non resonated awe exhaust for my m3. I'd have to say it's very similar. On wot I don't hear the metallic sound perhaps Bc my muffler guy used his method of eliminating rasp. He spoke about the mandrel bend technique which he has used for 30 years for performance cars. He isnt a fan of resonators Bc they do restrict air as well. He is a big fan of the H pipe. I have to say this guy is good overall. What's interesting is that awe uses the mandrel bend technique as well. Another note is that now when I drive manual mode, my hard upshifts have upshift bangs. Nothing obnoxious, just awesomeness and my downshifts are epic as well. The burbles have now become FType R / lambo crackles. All this is in sports plus only, otherwise a Prius in comfort. Rather amazing transformation lol. I had rented an FType R so it had those same upshift bangs and fire crackle intoxicating theatric sound but not sounding as good as that FType does . I know we have fans and non fans of Bmw pops and burbles Bc they sound artificial and sometimes just gun shots loud. It's not like that. It's like firecrackers very rapid sequence. YouTube has plenty of videos for reference. One more thing is that this car is dead silent in comfort. Like a hybrid. Put it sports plus and it's hellfire good. I know we have guys here that want a silent car when the moment calls for it and absolutely fun when deemed necessary. I know there are also guys that have removed the valve fuse 203. I tried driving both ways with valves fully open in all modes and with oem open close. This car is good loud and may be to much grunt in early
Rpm. Cold starts would be too loud. I think I prefer the stealth of comfort and epicness of sports plus. Those valves really work. I do wish however we had an option to run valves open at all the times in sport or sport plus Bc the computer does shut the valves at certain rpms. For me comfort closed valves is important for the morning startups or simple causal drive with my folks. I wanna thank you guys for all your input, Carl aka Mr Italy, and Silvano aka acee98 and Ben RG sport. By the way I'm running stock downpipes and bm3. I'll try and get some videos.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7926.50
r33_RGSport13513.50
      05-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #351
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Carl. So yes I had the pleasure of buying the supersprint H pipe direct from Italy. I had it installed about a week ago and I'll say definitely different tone and slightly louder. The wot Was good and is better now. There was very low frequency hum or very low drone perhaps as the rpm passed 3k. I'd say it's negligible to me and my passengers but it was still there if you know what I mean. Definitely overall improvement. Their H pipe is well crafted and doesn't disappoint. After a week of driving I spoke with Acee98 about perhaps going secondary cat delete as well. He spoke about his ups and downs and how overall it's more difficult living with a louder car in Europe because of these sound regulations. We spoke about the metallic sound that may or may not be for everyone. Originally he had the same
H pipe installed and secondary cat delete pipes from SS. After a while he went ahead and placed resonators instead of those secondary cats. Now a week later I went ahead and decided to go the Original setup acee had. I decided not to spend $1200 for supersprints cat delete pipe. I figured why not just go to a good muffler shop and install 2.5 inch 304 stainless steel pipes and replace the secondary cats and use my stock pipes. Overall I'll save big money and my cost was $160 for full install. I'd like to say I really love this setup now. Any hum I had at 3k Is completely gone. Absolutely zero drone in any rpm. I've always complained that this car sounded like it has a stuffy nose. Now you hear it breath clear and just loud when you want. The wot is epic. I've lived with a non resonated awe exhaust for my m3. I'd have to say it's very similar. On wot I don't hear the metallic sound perhaps Bc my muffler guy used his method of eliminating rasp. He spoke about the mandrel bend technique which he has used for 30 years for performance cars. He isnt a fan of resonators Bc they do restrict air as well. He is a big fan of the H pipe. I have to say this guy is good overall. What's interesting is that awe uses the mandrel bend technique as well. Another note is that now when I drive manual mode, my hard upshifts have upshift bangs. Nothing obnoxious, just awesomeness and my downshifts are epic as well. The burbles have now become FType R / lambo crackles. All this is in sports plus only, otherwise a Prius in comfort. Rather amazing transformation lol. I had rented an FType R so it had those same upshift bangs and fire crackle intoxicating theatric sound but not sounding as good as that FType does . I know we have fans and non fans of Bmw pops and burbles Bc they sound artificial and sometimes just gun shots loud. It's not like that. It's like firecrackers very rapid sequence. YouTube has plenty of videos for reference. One more thing is that this car is dead silent in comfort. Like a hybrid. Put it sports plus and it's hellfire good. I know we have guys here that want a silent car when the moment calls for it and absolutely fun when deemed necessary. I know there are also guys that have removed the valve fuse 203. I tried driving both ways with valves fully open in all modes and with oem open close. This car is good loud and may be to much grunt in early
Rpm. Cold starts would be too loud. I think I prefer the stealth of comfort and epicness of sports plus. Those valves really work. I do wish however we had an option to run valves open at all the times in sport or sport plus Bc the computer does shut the valves at certain rpms. For me comfort closed valves is important for the morning startups or simple causal drive with my folks. I wanna thank you guys for all your input, Carl aka Mr Italy, and Silvano aka acee98 and Ben RG sport. By the way I'm running stock downpipes and bm3. I'll try and get some videos.
I'd like to say these setups are a matter of personal opinion. Not everyone might be happy with it. Who knows I might get bored and order the SS race muffler. Right now I'm happy with this setup.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #352
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Sounds great and look forward to a sound clip/yt video! It is interesting to see how everyone has a different approach to mod the sound. Most people would have put a catless downpipe, kept the stock midpipe, and potentially installed a different muffler.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13513.50