BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2021, 04:46 AM   #287
Leot93
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty5858 View Post
UPDATE-

Just had this from Park Lane after I asked for the credit in writing.
-
Sorry for the miscommunication

However I have read the bulletin incorrect

Currently the model will not have a standard feature of itouch functionality which is a touch screen option but you will have the idrive function to navigate through the main menu.

There will not a reinstallation for the itouch function

In lieu of the missing option a £500- inc VAT credit once the delivery of the car

So my error was that I thought the software for this will be added but this is not the case , you will not have the itouch function

Regards

When did you order and when are you scheduled for build/production?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #288
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leot93 View Post
When did you order and when are you scheduled for build/production?
Some info https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=113
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 07:10 AM   #289
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Now status 190 - Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center (In transit to port of exit) [Dispatched from AG]

Any idea how long it typically takes to ship from USA to UK ?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #290
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Just noticed a new banner message when using the BMW UK configurator -

"Along with some other manufacturers and industries, we have had to make adjustments to our production programme to take into account the worldwide limited availability of semiconductor components. This means there are some production restrictions in place that may impact delivery dates and the availability of certain equipment. BMW retailers across the UK are best placed to provide updates on approximate lead times for new car orders."

Look like more pain
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #291
Stephenkward
Rep
Drives: BMW m135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Now status 190 - Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center (In transit to port of exit) [Dispatched from AG]

Any idea how long it typically takes to ship from USA to UK ?
Mine went to this status on 17th Nov. It is still in this status (actually it is status 165 - USA to Germany).. but apparently has an expected delivery of w/c 27th Dec.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:34 AM   #292
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Just noticed a new banner message when using the BMW UK configurator -

"Along with some other manufacturers and industries, we have had to make adjustments to our production programme to take into account the worldwide limited availability of semiconductor components. This means there are some production restrictions in place that may impact delivery dates and the availability of certain equipment. BMW retailers across the UK are best placed to provide updates on approximate lead times for new car orders."

Look like more pain
BMW like most other car manufacturers are in no rush to see an end to this 'managed' semi conductor shortage for the following reasons - https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ge?language=en

Considering semi conductors are used in everything electronic I have yet to witness shortages of everyday appliances, PC's, etc with the exception of some gaming consoles which is the norm when a new product is released.

Commercial vehicles, coaches, buses, taxis and rail carriages are all being manufactured with no restrictions, so the theory behind this 'semi conductor shortage is IMO very suspect!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:57 AM   #293
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330dMSXD View Post
BMW like most other car manufacturers are in no rush to see an end to this 'managed' semi conductor shortage for the following reasons - https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ge?language=en

Considering semi conductors are used in everything electronic I have yet to witness shortages of everyday appliances, PC's, etc with the exception of some gaming consoles which is the norm when a new product is released.

Commercial vehicles, coaches, buses, taxis and rail carriages are all being manufactured with no restrictions, so the theory behind this 'semi conductor shortage is IMO very suspect!
I think everyone jumps on the bandwagon, and whilst there may be some supply chain issues, funneling customers to higher-value (more profitable ?) models is good for business.

I seem to recall reading the shortage had affected something like 70000 BMW builds (might be wrong), but when you're making 2 million-plus, that's not that many.

I've had no real availability problems with other recent high tech purchases TV, mobile phone, laptop etc Maybe the bigger is the impact on the supply chain due to COVID and/or resource i.e. shortage of lorry drivers affecting the availability of Chicken at ASDA lol. So couldn't have my Chicken or "Chips"

Last edited by avi66; 12-16-2021 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #294
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

The issue is as much the Car Manufacturers using older Chip die technology of the chips they have designed. The FAB plants have moved to smaller more modern solutions and has low capacity now for what the car manufactures wants.

This is why more mass market volume devices are having few problems. The car manufactures or their suppliers can change the chips, but this is money and time to do but won't help them with them in the near term as I understand it.
Appreciate 0