BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #243
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

Status updated today to 9620 which means that it should potentially be on the WW Toledo which left Bremerhaven yesterday afternoon, docked at Zeebrugge this morning and is due into Southampton tomorrow.

Fingers crossed...
Hey Lochview....

Me too, just confirmed my status is also 9620. So like you I expect our cars are on the Toledo which has passed through Bremerhaven, is currently at Zeebrugge and expected at Southampton (according to schedule on WW website) on 6th October. Delivery still saying 15th October. Fingers also crossed for us
Toledo has departed Zeebrugge and should arrive (according to Marine Traffic) in Southampton tomorrow at 17:00 UTC +1...

Hoping that the PDI completed by SCH will be done early in the week and then my car and your car gets to the dealer by the end of the week into early the following week.

Hopefully get my new wheels (assuming no delays at the UK port) on Saturday 19th October
Toledo has docked at Southampton this morning!
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #244
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Toledo has departed Zeebrugge and should arrive (according to Marine Traffic) in Southampton tomorrow at 17:00 UTC +1...

Hoping that the PDI completed by SCH will be done early in the week and then my car and your car gets to the dealer by the end of the week into early the following week.

Hopefully get my new wheels (assuming no delays at the UK port) on Saturday 19th October
I know I'm not in the same boat as you guys, pun intended, but I finally got my car on Saturday.

Talking of new wheels, the wheels on it made it a totally underwhelming exeperience. My 7 and 2 year old sons pulled the cover off the car to reveal it in all its glory, only for me to see it sat on 20 inch wheels and definitely not the 21 inch 718m's I was sure I'd signed the paperwork for.

Cue questions and slight panic from me as I try to remember the paperwork I signed. I know I asked them to find a stock car with 718m's, but did they find me something else and I mistakenly signed for it?!

Luckily not, so now they have to find out how and why it had the wrong wheels on, maybe the original dealer swapped them onto another car. Whatever happened, Stratstone are calling me Monday to tell me when I can have the wheels I ordered fitted! Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be long.....
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #245
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:

I know I'm not in the same boat as you guys, pun intended, but I finally got my car on Saturday.

Talking of new wheels, the wheels on it made it a totally underwhelming exeperience. My 7 and 2 year old sons pulled the cover off the car to reveal it in all its glory, only for me to see it sat on 20 inch wheels and definitely not the 21 inch 718m's I was sure I'd signed the paperwork for.

Cue questions and slight panic from me as I try to remember the paperwork I signed. I know I asked them to find a stock car with 718m's, but did they find me something else and I mistakenly signed for it?!

Luckily not, so now they have to find out how and why it had the wrong wheels on, maybe the original dealer swapped them onto another car. Whatever happened, Stratstone are calling me Monday to tell me when I can have the wheels I ordered fitted! Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be long.....
Wow, delight followed by disappointment in the space of seconds. It's amazing how you start to doubt yourself in those situations. Glad you are going to get the wheels you purchased. They should give you the other set as a gesture of goodwill!

Enjoy the car! Looking forward to pictures shortly. Hopefully Lochview and I will be getting ours sometime (soon) after the 15th!
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #246
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

Quote:
Wow, delight followed by disappointment in the space of seconds. It's amazing how you start to doubt yourself in those situations. Glad you are going to get the wheels you purchased. They should give you the other set as a gesture of goodwill!

Enjoy the car! Looking forward to pictures shortly. Hopefully Lochview and I will be getting ours sometime (soon) after the 15th!
Do we know if the engines now are the more powerful (280KW) ones or still the older version (265KW)??
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #247
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajp View Post
Quote:

Do we know if the engines now are the more powerful (280KW) ones or still the older version (265KW)??
Yeah, intrigued to know (and once I get mine and the V5 I'll know) but putting my vin into any vin decoder site returns power output of 285kW (or 382bhp)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #248
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

The engine will be the new version but whether its 360bhp or 382bhp is unclear though the UK specs say 360 and my VIN too suggests 382.
      10-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #249
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
The engine will be the new version but whether its 360bhp or 382bhp is unclear though the UK specs say 360 and my VIN too suggests 382.
I'm expecting 360bhp but secretly hoping for 382bhp which would be a lovely surprise
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #250
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

My car went to status 9630 this morning (UK Port of Entry), but the delivery week is expected to be from 14th October.

Hoping it'll be earlier to confirm the date as I need to secure flights down for a collection potentially on Saturday 19th October!

Hoping yours will be the same Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:33 AM   #251
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My car went to status 9630 this morning (UK Port of Entry), but the delivery week is expected to be from 14th October.

Hoping it'll be earlier to confirm the date as I need to secure flights down for a collection potentially on Saturday 19th October!

Hoping yours will be the same Mike
Will be checking status later today Loch. Is that status from Genius or Tony ?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 03:35 AM   #252
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just checked, I'm at 9630 too, so looks like both our cars were on Toledo. I'm hopeful that both will be placed on transporters today or tomorrow for the trip to the dealers. As you are using TRL in West London, both cars should arrive at dealers roughly the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 03:51 AM   #253
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

If you have the VIN for the vehicle, will Connected Services work to allow you to track the location of the vehicle by GPS, or does the dealer have to enable something?

Got an image of your two cars sitting next to each other on the transporter!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 03:56 AM   #254
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post
If you have the VIN for the vehicle, will Connected Services work to allow you to track the location of the vehicle by GPS, or does the dealer have to enable something?

You can't connect to your car without your app and car being together, it's a bit like the old way to connect Bluetooth with a code that needs entering that is generated and sent to the messages in the car.

Also, the tracking option is set to off as the default, you have to switch it on in the I Drive.

I noticed this yesterday when the app couldn't find the location of my new car on my driveway. I went out and found the box unticked. I then had a memory of it being the same in my 440i a few years ago. Also, if you ever take your car to your dealers and they perform an update, where young lose a load of settings, like memory functions etc, it also clears that that back to default and not tracking.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 04:22 AM   #255
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post

I like your thinking there Red, unfortunately to enable connected services you enter the VIN into the app, which then sends a message to the car with a code required to enable/activate it, so without access to the car you're snookered,

Lochview and I tried the connected services a good few weeks back. Best I have been able to do is get the digital owners manual via the Drivers Guide app (again with VIN which presumably then tailors the guide to your specificities vehicle and options)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 04:34 AM   #256
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just checked, I'm at 9630 too, so looks like both our cars were on Toledo. I'm hopeful that both will be placed on transporters today or tomorrow for the trip to the dealers. As you are using TRL in West London, both cars should arrive at dealers roughly the same time.
Yep, using Mr TRL at Berry Heathrow BMW. Getting really excited. Looking forward to seeing your photos of the new wheels when it arrives.

Earliest I'll be collecting is Saturday 19th October. What about you?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 05:03 AM   #257
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yep, using Mr TRL at Berry Heathrow BMW. Getting really excited. Looking forward to seeing your photos of the new wheels when it arrives.

Yeah, I'm like a kid at Christmas right now! I've asked them to do very little in the form of PDI (well certainly any cosmetic preparation is to be avoided) and that I would like the car with all the transportation protection still applied. I'm hopeful that if the car gets to the dealer sometime this week, I can collect sometime next week (w/c 14th). Then it's straight to the detailers for a ceramic coating which will take a couple of days. Ideally I'll have it back by the weekend of 19th/20th !

Dealers still saying week of 21st Oct for delivery, but targeting 15th..... presumably that's the delivery to them, then they'll want a few days for PDI etc. I am pushing them to collect as soon as possible.

M.

Last edited by Mike72uk; 10-07-2019 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #258
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm like a kid at Christmas right now! I've asked them to do very little in the form of PDI (well certainly any cosmetic preparation is to be avoided) and that I would like the car with all the transportation protection still applied. I'm hopeful that if the car gets to the dealer sometime this week, I can collect sometime next week (w/c 14th). Then it's straight to the detailers for a ceramic coating which will take a couple of days. Ideally I'll have it back by the weekend of 19th/20th !

Dealers still saying weel of 21st Oct for delivery, but targeting 15th..... presumably that's the delivery to them, then they'll want a few days for PDI etc. I am pushing them to collect as soon as possible.

M.
yep, Mr Lewis is saying until the car reaches 9645 status he can't provide an exact delivery date at his dealership and ultimately tell me when the car is due then for collection.

I will check the genius team tomorrow and see if the status has changed by then...

Feel like a kid in a sweety shop except the shop is closed and can't quite reach the final goal of getting a nice candy!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 06:54 AM   #259
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
yep, Mr Lewis is saying until the car reaches 9645 status he can't provide an exact delivery date at his dealership and ultimately tell me when the car is due then for collection.

I will check the genius team tomorrow and see if the status has changed by then...

Feel like a kid in a sweety shop except the shop is closed and can't quite reach the final goal of getting a nice candy!!
yeah, looking at the list of status's I have, 9650 - Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer is next, followed by:
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

I'll keep checking with genius until m one goes 9645 or 9650 and then get onto my dealer for an exact date.

Regards,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #260
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Hopefully this doesn't impact anyone in here - it certainly does to my wk39...

Quote:
Temporary Delays to Vehicles Deliveries from US and South Africa

You may have noticed that a number of US and South African built IVS status 6000 vehicles are being held currently at the ports of exit. This is due to our Brexit preparations and is designed to mitigate against the risk of any potential problems as a result of possible changes to customs processes at UK ports in the immediate aftermath of Brexit on 31 October. We are making some temporary, short term adjustments to the timing of shipments and unfortunately this means that there will be delivery delays to a number of vehicles scheduled to arrive during October and early November.
Please keep your IVS status 6000 vehicles under review and a change to IVS status 9000 confirms they have left the port. Normal shipping times will then apply pending customs clearance. Shipping at this stage is due to recommence mid-October. Currently this situation only affects those vehicles scheduled for delivery in late October and early November and we will provide you with regular updates as the situation becomes clearer.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #261
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

No change today at all, still at 9630 and the date expected at the dealers (which is less than 70miles from Southampton) is now Wednesday 16th October.

I hope this will be sooner as the 19th planned collection is looking less likely at the moment. Have no clue what takes so long to deal with at the port.

Another forum member here who had a car deposited at the port only took 4 days to get from there to a dealer who was based in Manchester and collected.

Annoyed!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #262
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No change today at all, still at 9630 and the date expected at the dealers (which is less than 70miles from Southampton) is now Wednesday 16th October.

I hope this will be sooner as the 19th planned collection is looking less likely at the moment. Have no clue what takes so long to deal with at the port.

Another forum member here who had a car deposited at the port only took 4 days to get from there to a dealer who was based in Manchester and collected.

Annoyed!
Uber frustrating indeed....my dealer is also only 100 miles from Southampton. That said, I have a friend who has ordered a 20d M-Sport that came out of the factory the same week as mine (9000) and he's being told late November for delivery!

I'll check on mine tomorrow to see if we have any change in status. 16th would be a pain ! Wonder how many dealers a single transporter has to cover ?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 02:54 AM   #263
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

Ahh darn it.. mine has now gone from delivery week of 4th Nov to 18th Nov.. so they are pushing back....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 03:12 AM   #264
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I've been checking with my dealer. He's sent me a screenshot. My US build week 39 is still showing week 46 delivery (11th Nov). It shows as "9000 Departed Plant". He's believing it's on a boat now but I'm not so sure and am expecting a delay. However the BMW text posted above suggests 9000 cars might be shipping out...it's all rather unclear.