BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-09-2022, 10:19 AM   #221
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyMD View Post
I just got off the phone with BMW Genius and they said that the door pocket lights and puddle lights were not removed from the MY23 X3M40i, however, they require a wiring harness that is sourced from Ukraine and availability has been limited.

Pretty much if they have it when the car goes into production then those features will be included and if they don’t then that’s that.

They also told he the touch idrive controller is 50/50. They won’t know on that until I take delivery of the vehicle. They did say that my dealer can order if and swap it out at no cost to me.

Right now seating material is an issue and they have been substituting colors out with different colors or different material altogether. This also is not communicated and the vehicle will show up with a build showing the original selected material/color on the options with the vehicle having something else.

Some cars are being built without Wi-Fi hotspot even though it will show up in idrive as having it.

Supposedly the M sport differntial can delay production but it does not sound like they are building cars without it when it is optioned.
The puddle and door lights could be a big headache for BMW. If some '23 models get them later on and earlier models don't (like mine), there better be a check coming in the mail!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #222
Speedbird1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3 2023 F44 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabimmer View Post
For what it’s worth, when I went to an event on the iX when it was released, they were noting back then that there would be delays because of Ukrainian wiring harnesses. I don’t think that Genius was making that up.
I was told the exact same thing last month here in the UK, when I tried to order a new MINI Countryman S for my wife - HUD and Auto Tailgate now unable to be specced and no promise on whether the car would come through with the new digital dash, all due to wiring harness shortages because they are/were made in the Ukraine. Stands to reason same issue will be affecting BMWs too.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #223
SpartyMD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
I was told the exact same thing last month here in the UK, when I tried to order a new MINI Countryman S for my wife - HUD and Auto Tailgate now unable to be specced and no promise on whether the car would come through with the new digital dash, all due to wiring harness shortages because they are/were made in the Ukraine. Stands to reason same issue will be affecting BMWs too.
Yes, genius did say mini was being effected a lot worse. BMW was limited to the door lighting and the auto tailgate (not to as large of an extent anymore). They told me that it looks like everything is on my build, but there isn’t a specific code they can look for to see if I will get the door lights or not. I guess it falls under ambient lighting.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #224
Evanmac30
Rep
Drives: Mazda cx5, BMW X3 2023

For people missing roof rails from a premium enhance package.... did you get any refund?

Also do the bmw all weather mats typically come with a trunk cargo liner?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 04:25 PM   #225
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I started thinking about this a bit again... and if I was A) on a budget or B) would order again for any reason, there are definitively some options that I could do without.

1) Premium Pack / Heads Up - nothing in this pack seems to be items that I use in any way - I'd get the heated seats seperately as a $500 option

2) Leather - I prefer the leather for sure but could live without if I had to. If the Sensatec only had some stiching on the doors, I'd prob be cool with it if I had to be.

3) M sport diff- it works for sure, but is it really needed? I'd argue probably not

4) Parking assist pack - I don't have it but have it another X3, not sure this is a must

5) Love my BG color but if I had to, i could do alpine white.

What I think is absolutely non negotiable-

1) 20 inch wheels - no questions asked... the 19s just look goofy in every way on this car.
2) CF trim - for $300 no brainer
3) HK stereo - as much as I hate it... I'd hate the base stereo far more
4) Remote Start - I've found far too much convenience in this to deny it
5) Shadowline - For $300, I def want the black front grills. Albeit, it's arguable that this can be had cheaper in the aftermarket.
      01-03-2023, 06:08 PM   #226
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyMD View Post
Yes, genius did say mini was being effected a lot worse. BMW was limited to the door lighting and the auto tailgate (not to as large of an extent anymore). They told me that it looks like everything is on my build, but there isn’t a specific code they can look for to see if I will get the door lights or not. I guess it falls under ambient lighting.
There was an official post from BMW somewhere (maybe in this thread) that the door pocket lights were removed from all 2023s along with the luggage tie downs. I think they were removed for cost savings reasons.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 06:10 PM   #227
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
3) M sport diff- it works for sure, but is it really needed? I'd argue probably not

4) Parking assist pack - I don't have it but have it another X3, not sure this is a must
While I don't agree with your choices on what you could do without (need my heated steering wheel ), I do agree the M sport diff is silly on this car.

re: Parking assist - does that get you a front camera? That is one of my biggest annoyances with this car - when I pull in with my 911, I get a nice picture of how close I am to the wall - not with the X3, no front camera. I guess for $70K, I was wanting more
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 10:25 AM   #228
turbobeagle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
re: Parking assist - does that get you a front camera? That is one of my biggest annoyances with this car - when I pull in with my 911, I get a nice picture of how close I am to the wall - not with the X3, no front camera. I guess for $70K, I was wanting more
Yes the parking assistance package includes a front camera. It’s a pretty standard feature on a lot of non-luxury cars now.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 10:33 AM   #229
glennbk
Major
United_States
Rep

Parking and Premium are a must, especially when parallel or backing in parking.

1) 20 inch wheels - agreed. plus the increase in tire size helps with traction.
2) CF trim - more shiny surface and every one is going crazy with it.
3) HK stereo - agreed. With new subs and amp, it could be amazing
4) Remote Start - available on the BMW app for $150
5) Shadowline - too much black on black on black.
_
Appreciate 1
ASAP10254.50
      01-04-2023, 11:29 AM   #230
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
While I don't agree with your choices on what you could do without (need my heated steering wheel ), I do agree the M sport diff is silly on this car.

sorry i must be missing something

the parking ass package definitely includes a front camera and also includes a top down view from the front when pulling up to something
      01-04-2023, 04:54 PM   #231
BillsGirlGina
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbk View Post
Parking and Premium are a must, especially when parallel or backing in parking.

1) 20 inch wheels - agreed. plus the increase in tire size helps with traction.
2) CF trim - more shiny surface and every one is going crazy with it.
3) HK stereo - agreed. With new subs and amp, it could be amazing
4) Remote Start - available on the BMW app for $150
5) Shadowline - too much black on black on black.
_

I paid $330 for Remote Start from the connected store in September.
      01-04-2023, 10:35 PM   #232
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I started thinking about this a bit again... and if I was A) on a budget or B) would order again for any reason, there are definitively some options that I could do without.

1) Premium Pack / Heads Up - nothing in this pack seems to be items that I use in any way - I'd get the heated seats seperately as a $500 option

2) Leather - I prefer the leather for sure but could live without if I had to. If the Sensatec only had some stiching on the doors, I'd prob be cool with it if I had to be.

5) Love my BG color but if I had to, i could do alpine white.

What I think is absolutely non negotiable-

1) 20 inch wheels - no questions asked... the 19s just look goofy in every way on this car.
2) CF trim - for $300 no brainer
3) HK stereo - as much as I hate it... I'd hate the base stereo far more
4) Remote Start - I've found far too much convenience in this to deny it
5) Shadowline - For $300, I def want the black front grills. Albeit, it's arguable that this can be had cheaper in the aftermarket.
I think we spec'd very similarly. I went with Brooklyn Gray on Tacora Red with Aluminium Rhombicle trim.

My first car in 10 years that wouldn't be white, having second thoughts. Also debating the Aluminum Rhombicle versus the Ash Grain Wood.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 03:51 AM   #233
glennbk
Major
United_States
Rep

Isn't there a sticker under the hood show the codes for all the parts?
Appreciate 0