BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-07-2023, 01:57 AM   #221
pmark837
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Comp, Audi S5 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
11/2 order - thought I’d be right after the first batch that went out, but still awaiting shipment
11/8 here! Sounds like a nice long list eh?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 07:18 AM   #222
pyo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
11/2 order - thought I’d be right after the first batch that went out, but still awaiting shipment
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmark837 View Post
11/8 here! Sounds like a nice long list eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyo View Post
Ordered 11/10, still waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Must_Go_FASTER View Post
Who's still waiting on theirs? Order placed Nov 16... not shipped yet. I know they are basically making them to order, just curious on when these will be ready.
C'mon Santa...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 05:29 PM   #223
PhoEvr
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many to list. 2021 X3MC

Paid early on 11/2 here. one of the first ten to pre-order. Still waiting.

Last edited by PhoEvr; 12-07-2023 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
JaCole934.00
      12-07-2023, 05:59 PM   #224
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoEvr View Post
11/2 here. one of the first ten to pre-order. Still waiting.
akes a while to ship frm china
Appreciate 1
R0ot.Us3r309.00
      12-07-2023, 06:23 PM   #225
PhoEvr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Curious why you say its shipping from China? I believe it was stated that these were one offs being built in Florida and shipping as they are being made. I could be wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:31 PM   #226
Must_Go_FASTER
formerly rdougherty85
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp MBB

Quote:
Quote:
Curious why you say its shipping from China? I believe it was stated that these were one offs being built in Florida and shipping as they are being made. I could be wrong though.
There's an almost identical looking midpipe on Ali for sale. At this point, might get it faster if I order the one from Ali 🤣
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #227
Skiddz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4 MC

Quote:
As someone whom got in on the buy - and lives in South Florida - these pipes are definitely being made here in a reputable shop. Once mine is ready, I'm picking it up at AA rather than having it shipped to me.
Appreciate 1
JaCole934.00
      12-07-2023, 09:06 PM   #228
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
As someone whom got in on the buy - and lives in South Florida - these pipes are definitely being made here in a reputable shop. Once mine is ready, I'm picking it up at AA rather than having it shipped to me.
it IS being made at the shop in the US according to their youtube/instagram posts. I just say that because these days its smarter to just source it out and take a cut.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 10:14 AM   #229
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Word from AA is these are still in production, and may take a few more weeks to ship out.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:49 AM   #230
PhoEvr
United_States
Rep

Mine shipped today! Woot
Appreciate 1
JaCole934.00
      12-08-2023, 12:11 PM   #231
ONLYACTIVE
Private
Rep
Drives: RAPTOR

Quote:
These are built here in Florida. This was a request from members to Mike at XPH to AA design and build an EL MP for the X3M as was not in the immediate future to build one. We agreed with Mike to get a group buy for 10 to see the response and whether we would continue the build for production. We planned on building the 10 to fill the orders, but the higher demand requires full tooling for production. This always takes a while, but we are still building them at a slower pace to fill orders until production takes effect. So please be patient as it's worth the wait. Unfortunately it's a constant battle with China and copies of our products, just hope they would copy someone else, why always AA ??
Appreciate 5
thestimp1031.50
JaCole934.00
AM///X3M379.50
joebie3458.50
PhoEvr31.50
      12-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #232
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYACTIVE View Post
Unfortunately it's a constant battle with China and copies of our products, just hope they would copy someone else, why always AA ??
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but when you are in business to make money, who cares, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 01:25 PM   #233
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

My 11/2 order status just changed to Shipped today, huge pleasant surprise.. now I have to expedite filming the AA resonated single mid pipe and AA axle back videos before I receive and swap in the new Equal to compare to.. nice!!
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2023, 05:06 PM   #234
Must_Go_FASTER
formerly rdougherty85
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYACTIVE View Post
These are built here in Florida. This was a request from members to Mike at XPH to AA design and build an EL MP for the X3M as was not in the immediate future to build one. We agreed with Mike to get a group buy for 10 to see the response and whether we would continue the build for production. We planned on building the 10 to fill the orders, but the higher demand requires full tooling for production. This always takes a while, but we are still building them at a slower pace to fill orders until production takes effect. So please be patient as it's worth the wait. Unfortunately it's a constant battle with China and copies of our products, just hope they would copy someone else, why always AA ??
Speaking for myself (and likely many others), we sincerely appreciate AA doing this for us. And all of us signed up knowing that this was a new product being manufactured to order, so it wasn't gonna be next day delivery.

But we do tend to joke around a bit on here, and that's all it was. Tends to not be as funny if you're the party that may lose business because of copycats in other countries. Meant no offense.

I will say that my security cam just alerted me and some guy in a big brown van in a brown outfit carrying a very large brown box showed up at my door today. Won't know if it is what I THINK it is until I get off work tonight, but I'll update here if there's a set of shiny new mid-pipes sitting on my front porch!

Thanks again to AA for bringing this to market.
Appreciate 5
Y0jjimb0423.00
JaCole934.00
thestimp1031.50
AM///X3M379.50
PhoEvr31.50
      12-08-2023, 10:23 PM   #235
Must_Go_FASTER
formerly rdougherty85
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My 11/2 order status just changed to Shipped today, huge pleasant surprise.. now I have to expedite filming the AA resonated single mid pipe and AA axle back videos before I receive and swap in the new Equal to compare to.. nice!!
Good to see some movement. Mine happened to be a false alarm, totally forgot I ordered a pressure washer for the car
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 04:47 PM   #236
Stereolab42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Must_Go_FASTER View Post
Speaking for myself (and likely many others), we sincerely appreciate AA doing this for us. And all of us signed up knowing that this was a new product being manufactured to order, so it wasn't gonna be next day delivery.
Yes... I have the single not the equal but the sentiment is the same. I'm sure everyone who can afford an X3M can pay a little extra to support the vendors during original R&D. China will always copy and there is no law preventing anyone from buying Alibaba instead, but doing so makes it that much less likely these low-volume accessories will even exist in the future.
Appreciate 1
JaCole934.00
      12-11-2023, 05:54 PM   #237
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereolab42 View Post
Yes... I have the single not the equal but the sentiment is the same. I'm sure everyone who can afford an X3M can pay a little extra to support the vendors during original R&D. China will always copy and there is no law preventing anyone from buying Alibaba instead, but doing so makes it that much less likely these low-volume accessories will even exist in the future.
I just wish the competition in other areas would allow the great builders here in the USA to offset their prices a touch & allow them to come back down to more reasonable asking prices. Sure, I want everyone to be happy & eat well. But some of the existing prices for mandrel bent high quality metal mid-pipes is a touch ridiculous of you ask me.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 08:00 PM   #238
Johnzi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
I just wish the competition in other areas would allow the great builders here in the USA to offset their prices a touch & allow them to come back down to more reasonable asking prices. Sure, I want everyone to be happy & eat well. But some of the existing prices for mandrel bent high quality metal mid-pipes is a touch ridiculous of you ask me.
You think you’re paying for the bending?

You’re paying for a guy who knows where to bend.

Go get a civic, plenty of cheap Chineseum parts everywhere for ya if that’s what you’re into.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 08:30 PM   #239
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnzi View Post

Go get a civic, plenty of cheap Chineseum parts everywhere for ya if that’s what you’re into.
Exactly, overpaying for the guy that knows how to bend and do a small etsy batch....wait. As a sourcing engineer, save your money, outsource it, you're only hurting yourself with certain categories of products that other countries have far surpassed us in speed/quality/cost.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 08:59 PM   #240
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:

Just RELAX @Johnzi. Look at my post count & how many highly beneficial threads I've started here in this F97 X3 M forum. I've had 4 different X3 M's in 3 years. So you might want to be a little more cautious with who you're talking to & take step back for a moment, before you start hurling Civic comments my way. If thats' what you're into, direct that hate towards someone else. Not me bruh.

The only point I was trying to make is that paying $2.5k for a mid-pipe is a touch excessive. There's no cats on this thing. Many people around the world like to pay $10k for CF bit too, that doesn't mean the average person can afford that. Just because there's a high quality part that people want, doesn't mean the current price justifies purchasing it. I for one have spent much more dough on other things. Like the 6-piston brembos from the X5 M.

If I wanted to spend $2.5K + labor to gain 10-12 HP & a slightly louder growl, then I would. But it's just not worth it right now to me. When people take my price suggestions personally & hurl ugly insults back in return, that's not a great look for you. But like you said, "if that's what you're into..." then you do you! LMAO

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 4
      12-11-2023, 10:35 PM   #241
Must_Go_FASTER
formerly rdougherty85
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Have a couple thoughts on this topic. To me, there's two different situations we see happen frequently:

1. A US company develops a product and makes it themselves then get rips off by another country.

2. A US company designs a product and outsources production to another conunty, then marks it up x5 to sell.

In option one, I think the company has every reason to be upset and I support vendors when I want to buy their product.

In option two, I think the company gave up it's right to be upset if they're not building it themselves. I mean, they basically gave up the rights to the design when they outsourced it and I don't feel bad going direct to who's making it to buy the product. This really happens a lot with CF parts.

Crying about "chineseum" parts when a lot vendors outsource the production to China and you're getting a Chinese product even if you buy from a US vendor is silly as shit. Crying about products other countries have ripped off from the design of US companies that make their own products is valid.

Bought several CF interior products from Ali for the first time and they're just as good as any CF product I've gotten from a US vendor, because SURPRISE, they're almost all made there anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 01:07 PM   #242
Johnzi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Just RELAX @Johnzi. Look at my post count & how many highly beneficial threads I've started here in this F97 X3 M forum. I've had 4 different X3 M's in 3 years. So you might want to be a little more cautious with who you're talking to & take step back for a moment, before you start hurling Civic comments my way. If thats' what you're into, direct that hate towards someone else. Not me bruh.

The only point I was trying to make is that paying $2.5k for a mid-pipe is a touch excessive. There's no cats on this thing. Many people around the world like to pay $10k for CF bit too, that doesn't mean the average person can afford that. Just because there's a high quality part that people want, doesn't mean the current price justifies purchasing it. I for one have spent much more dough on other things. Like the 6-piston brembos from the X5 M.

If I wanted to spend $2.5K + labor to gain 10-12 HP & a slightly louder growl, then I would. But it's just not worth it right now to me. When people take my price suggestions personally & hurl ugly insults back in return, that's not a great look for you. But like you said, "if that's what you're into..." then you do you! LMAO

Can’t hear your screeching over my AA EL midpipe.

Throw one on your custom rig and start 6 threads about it bro.
Appreciate 1
JaCole934.00