BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-25-2024, 06:31 PM   #1
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Obstacle after obstacle & a question.

We'll its been a rough go at it with my new 2024 X3MC. First the ambient lighting tubes were bad from the factory, then I battled every rattle in this car (doors, sunroof, etc) I have added more felt to this car than any car I have ever owned and now consider myself a professional rattle chaser. No biggy, but I expected more from a 92K car. The charger just heats up my iPhone and doesn't charge it even though it says it's charging (it eventually shuts the phone off as it gets too hot).... then I noticed the lighting carpets were way off (easy fix thanks to this X3 forum). Well my car also came with those garbage Conti 6s that are worn to the minimum at only 6,000 miles. Also not a big deal, but I want to change the tires to 265/40 front/295/35 rear MB spec MPS4S. Nobody in my vicinity will install them, saying it's a liability yadda yadda yadda. Does anyone know of a place in CA or Oregon that will just put on some tires that aren't stock on this car. I'm willing to travel! I love this vehicle but I can't take much more of this Diva. My tuned 2019 M4 now has 200,000 miles and it's been 100% trouble free since I ordered the thing, not to mention I had no trouble having even Costco install wider tires with that car.
Thanks for listening to the rant and any help finding a tire shop will be appreciated!!
      05-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #2
M4Lou
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24'-x3m40i/23'-m4c /24'-x3mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
We'll its been a rough go at it with my new 2024 X3MC. First the ambient lighting tubes were bad from the factory, then I battled every rattle in this car (doors, sunroof, etc) I have added more felt to this car than any car I have ever owned and now consider myself a professional rattle chaser. No biggy, but I expected more from a 92K car. The charger just heats up my iPhone and doesn't charge it even though it says it's charging (it eventually shuts the phone off as it gets too hot).... then I noticed the lighting carpets were way off (easy fix thanks to this X3 forum). Well my car also came with those garbage Conti 6s that are worn to the minimum at only 6,000 miles. Also not a big deal, but I want to change the tires to 265/40 front/295/35 rear MB spec MPS4S. Nobody in my vicinity will install them, saying it's a liability yadda yadda yadda. Does anyone know of a place in CA or Oregon that will just put on some tires that aren't stock on this car. I'm willing to travel! I love this vehicle but I can't take much more of this Diva. My tuned 2019 M4 now has 200,000 miles and it's been 100% trouble free since I ordered the thing, not to mention I had no trouble having even Costco install wider tires with that car.
Thanks for listening to the rant and any help finding a tire shop will be appreciated!!
Man - hate all that crap. My 2024 X3Mc might be the most enjoyable car I've ever owned.

Charger - that's been well documented that they don't work. I was gonna order that, but folks on this forum advised against...

I know nothing of ambient tubes or carpets or hell, even rattles. I just don't have that.

Thats' crazy on the tires. I run 295's in back and stock 255's in front. It looks almost the same as 265's and I couldn't see throwing new PS4S front tires away. Maybe ?? you could call around and tell them you have a track car that needs 295's and then pull rears and leave on jackstands and bring rears up to tire shop. Then you could show up a week later for "stock" sized front 255's. Seems crazy, but I don't live in Cali.

Mileage?? I've got 5+K miles on my ps4s tires and they have ??? at least 75% of life left.
Appreciate 2
Vegetable834.50
pdotc8442.00
      05-27-2024, 04:46 PM   #3
M3Pilot09
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Brother come to LA and see Sean at BMW of Sherman Oaks. They will install your tires. They installed my stealth hitch.
Appreciate 2
Vegetable834.50
pdotc8442.00
      05-27-2024, 04:55 PM   #4
M4Lou
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24'-x3m40i/23'-m4c /24'-x3mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot09 View Post
Brother come to LA and see Sean at BMW of Sherman Oaks. They will install your tires. They installed my stealth hitch.
Says he's from Humboldt. Dude might as well drive to Boise..lol.
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2024, 10:03 AM   #5
Radman_F97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M,2021 VOLVO XC90T8

Garage List
2022 X3M  [0.00]
Vegetable

That's unfortunate. I hope it's smooth sailing soon.

Les Schwab, Discount Tire, BMW Portland, and Bavarian House would be able to install/mount/balance these sets. Shoot me a DM and I can give you my SA's contact info
Appreciate 2