BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2024, 11:43 PM   #1
1vangell
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

No Data Privacy option under General Settings

Recently got me a 2021 X3 M40i with 6.5k miles. Its been pain in the but trying to get the connected services to work. Only thing i can do with the app is check how much gas i have and what doors are locked/unlocked. Preventilation, lights, honk etc... does not work. I also recieved an email yesterday saying:

“We invite you to visit your preferred BMW Center for a TSARA case so the BMW Technical Service department can assist them in analyzing the issue.”

Anyone with experience here can help or give me advice is much appreciated.
P.S I've done multiple troubleshooting, resets etc.. you name it. Im just about to take this car to the BMW center so they can fix it for me. I love the car but didn't know it was this much of a hassle trying to set it up with the app
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 01:26 AM   #2
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1vangell View Post
Recently got me a 2021 X3 M40i with 6.5k miles. Its been pain in the but trying to get the connected services to work. Only thing i can do with the app is check how much gas i have and what doors are locked/unlocked. Preventilation, lights, honk etc... does not work. I also recieved an email yesterday saying:

“We invite you to visit your preferred BMW Center for a TSARA case so the BMW Technical Service department can assist them in analyzing the issue.”

Anyone with experience here can help or give me advice is much appreciated.
P.S I've done multiple troubleshooting, resets etc.. you name it. Im just about to take this car to the BMW center so they can fix it for me. I love the car but didn't know it was this much of a hassle trying to set it up with the app

I’m not 100% on pre LCI, but the iDrive 7 data privacy setting are under car settings and provide options similar to below (no remote software upgrade option on pre LCI).

I can also see and change the privacy settings in the My BMW app, under vehicle settings.

If the privacy menu is missing, and it should be present, you may need a dealer OS software update.
Attached Images

Last edited by avi66; 05-24-2024 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 07:07 PM   #3
Dani D
Registered
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

I just did this on my 2021 X4 M40i. (Just bought the car yesterday) Followed these directions pictured and it worked! At first- the general settings weren’t visible- had to scroll through options on the screen. But once I found it it was easily updated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0