BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2024, 05:49 AM   #1
Leem40i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Rattle in passenger front door, how to remove door panel

Can anyone provide the process for removing the door panels on the g02. Preferably the passenger side front door. I have this rattle that is developed in the door ever since I had the light strip replaced. I'd rather do it myself even though it's under warranty because what I could do in 30 minutes would take hours at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 06:36 AM   #2
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Personally, having removed all four doors before, I'd get the dealer to do this.

Otherwise - a quick google does the trick. I got it:"remove door panel x4"
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 12:47 PM   #3
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Garage List
  [6.83]
You’ll need something like this. It’s genuinely an easy process

Car Door Clip Panel Trim Removal Tool Kit for Car Dash Radio Audio Installer Pry Tool 9PCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1857QC..._X9f9RFKOqMaVX
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2024, 08:51 PM   #4
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

You need to have a few spare clips to replace if some of them are broken during the process. The door card removal is easy as. There are 3 screws need to take out first (1 secretly under the door handle /lock button). Then remove the speaker plastic cover on top and unplug the connector. Once all screws are out, just use the plastic removing tool to pry out from the edge of the door at the outer bottom and then work your way around the door card slowly until it detached from the door and start to unplug a few connectors before you can take the card completely out. Also make sure to take care on the door lock mechanism which goes to the hole on the door card

Check all the loose things and replace those broken clips if any. This is where you can silent all the noise by put some tape / foam around those clips so that when they click back into the door, they would be tight fit and no noise created by the loose clip with the hole on the door. (I cut the thin rubber sheet into small pieces and make them just like the rubber spacer and slide over the clips). Reconnect all the plugs before you clip the card back to the door with those clips.

Last edited by MMnut; 05-27-2024 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2024, 11:16 AM   #5
das boots
Senior Chief (Ret.)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 M3, '05 ZHP, '24 X4 M401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem40i View Post
Can anyone provide the process for removing the door panels on the g02. Preferably the passenger side front door. I have this rattle that is developed in the door ever since I had the light strip replaced. I'd rather do it myself even though it's under warranty because what I could do in 30 minutes would take hours at the dealership.
Personally, I would let dealer do the work. Yeah I know it will take a few hours. Bring a book and drink their latte or espresso (My fav is Chai Latte). Of course, I'm retired so I have the time. But, at least this rattle is now in your chart and on the record and done properly. CYA. Just sayin'.
SCPO SW USN (ret)
BMW CCA 192742, NRA Life Member, F&A M
Appreciate 0