BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-25-2023, 07:33 PM   #1
stocksauce
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3m

JB4 s58 x3m

Looking for a jb4 that will work with my x3m. Shoot me a pm if you have one for sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 12:40 PM   #2
davfer86
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksauce View Post
Looking for a jb4 that will work with my x3m. Shoot me a pm if you have one for sale.
There were some on sale on this forum.
I have it for my X3 m40i and it does make a difference, specially if you don’t want to bech-unlock your DME.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2023, 07:48 PM   #3
stocksauce
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davfer86 View Post
There were some on sale on this forum.
I have it for my X3 m40i and it does make a difference, specially if you don’t want to bech-unlock your DME.
Yep i just need a little extra power nothing crazy.

Also if anyone has done a transaction through this site any tips on how not to get scammed ? If i send through paypal is my money protected using the goods and service option ?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 08:14 PM   #4
davfer86
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 m40i

Quote:
Yep i just need a little extra power nothing crazy.

Also if anyone has done a transaction through this site any tips on how not to get scammed ? If i send through paypal is my money protected using the goods and service option ?
The only way to be protected via PayPal will be paying PayPal fees as Buyer/Seller, I guess the fee might be 4-10%. Check his iTrader feedback if he had sold something time ago.

I sold my Dinan Stage 1 directly here with a member. Everything went well, I still don’t know how to get an iTrader feedback.

I also purchased my JB4 through Facebook, I think that the seller really wanted to be sold. I was on a cruise trip to Alaska, so he shipped in advance, and once I came back from my trip the JB4 arrived, and pay him afterwards.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2023, 08:25 PM   #5
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Garage List
  [6.83]
Quote:
You’re buying the seller as much as the item

Look at how long he’s been on the forum, read a bunch of his posts, see what threads he’s started

You can tell pretty easily from the above if he’s for real or at all sketchy
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2024, 01:31 PM   #6
stocksauce
Canada
Rep

!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 01:52 PM   #7
e30 4 life!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30, X3M, X7 M50i

There is one fs in the FB group
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 10:12 AM   #8
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Trans tune would be more beneficial than a jb4. No bench unlock required.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 07:48 PM   #9
zachmc241
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F97 X3M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30 4 life! View Post
There is one fs in the FB group
What’s the Facebook group name? I’m not a Facebook person lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 11:04 PM   #10
mikestpierre
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 - X4M Competition

I have a brand new S58 JB4 with the Bluetooth module. It’s all still in the box and I’ve been too lazy to list it for sale.

I ordered this and the Dahler piggyback to compare and decided it wasn’t worth messing with the tmap sensor again.

Restocking fee with BMS is nuts, so I’d rather sell it if you’re still looking.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 07:08 AM   #11
zachmc241
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestpierre View Post
I have a brand new S58 JB4 with the Bluetooth module. It’s all still in the box and I’ve been too lazy to list it for sale.

I ordered this and the Dahler piggyback to compare and decided it wasn’t worth messing with the tmap sensor again.

Restocking fee with BMS is nuts, so I’d rather sell it if you’re still looking.
I’ll take it👍
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 07:33 AM   #12
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Trans tune would be more beneficial than a jb4. No bench unlock required.
Really?

Coming from the S58, you would typically see a piggyback upgrade first and a trans later (xHP)

Is it different with the B58? I got a JB4, and alternate between Map1 and Map2 depending on the e-content. But I can definitely feel a difference, specially in Map2 running 25-30% ethanol; eco becomes comfort, comfort becomes sport+, and sport+ becomes OMG! with my experience. It almost, almost feels like I'm driving my old '22 M4xDC w/ RaceChip. Obvioulsy, that thing was bunkers. I tried to record 0-60 twice and twice the phones flew out of the hands of my wife and daughter; 1st gear launch is brutal on those cars. GTR doesn't come close to it (stock form).

I'll be looking for a xHP now and see if they're reasonably priced.
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2024, 07:44 AM   #13
zachmc241
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Really?

Coming from the S58, you would typically see a piggyback upgrade first and a trans later (xHP)

Is it different with the B58? I got a JB4, and alternate between Map1 and Map2 depending on the e-content. But I can definitely feel a difference, specially in Map2 running 25-30% ethanol; eco becomes comfort, comfort becomes sport+, and sport+ becomes OMG! with my experience. It almost, almost feels like I'm driving my old '22 M4xDC w/ RaceChip. Obvioulsy, that thing was bunkers. I tried to record 0-60 twice and twice the phones flew out of the hands of my wife and daughter; 1st gear launch is brutal on those cars. GTR doesn't come close to it (stock form).

The trans tune can make your car shift everytime like it does when you launch it. Shifts slam to the next gear fast and it feels like it boost the car forward.
When or if you do unlock your ECU I’ll buy your JB4👍
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 08:51 AM   #14
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Really?

Xhp will remove the annoying torque limiters and give you full power in the lower gears. Get rid of that perceived feeling of turbo lag which is actually the torque limiters kicking in. For what a s58 jb4 costs vs a actual tune. It’s a no brainer to get a actual tune. If you’re concerned about warranty then you shouldn’t mod your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 05:01 AM   #15
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Xhp will remove the annoying torque limiters and give you full power in the lower gears. Get rid of that perceived feeling of turbo lag which is actually the torque limiters kicking in. For what a s58 jb4 costs vs a actual tune. It’s a no brainer to get a actual tune. If you’re concerned about warranty then you shouldn’t mod your car.
Well said! While i've have done the unlock prior with a g80 and most likely will do it on our x3m we also did the xhp trans tune. Can the trans tuning be done with out an unlock? If so i'm assuming it sure surely help with performance numbers 1/4 one would think.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 09:22 AM   #16
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Well said! While i've have done the unlock prior with a g80 and most likely will do it on our x3m we also did the xhp trans tune. Can the trans tuning be done with out an unlock? If so i'm assuming it sure surely help with performance numbers 1/4 one would think.
Yup no unlock needed, will improve 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4. Plus overall driving experience. Xhp has also released X delete for our cars. Do all the rwd burnouts your heart desires.
Appreciate 0