BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-20-2024, 09:11 AM   #23
RDEJR
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X4 M40i

They are BC Forged RZ23 in brushed graphite grey

fronts: 20x9 ET16 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus 245/45/20
rears: 20x10 ET25 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus 275/40/20

Lots of opinions on running dedicated rims etc - some people think that every time you mount tires there is wear on the rim - also some people prefer narrower and taller for winter

yes i will run these year round - when I was traveling regularly to upstate NY in winter, I ran dedicated snows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
What kind of rims are those, they don't look like 20s for some reason, and they look wider. I am not familiar with rim sizing so I can't tell what makes them look they way.

So you are running on these year round?

I didn't want to deal with replacing the rims but is it better to keep tires on same rims instead of swapping tires every 6-7 months? I like the black rims that m40i came with and since it's a lease I don't want to invest few grand on rims and tires.
So for now just swapping to winter setup will be sufficient, but I don't think I need snow tires. Just all season that's winter focused would be my ideal tire.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 09:29 AM   #24
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
What kind of rims are those, they don't look like 20s for some reason, and they look wider. I am not familiar with rim sizing so I can't tell what makes them look they way.

So you are running on these year round?

I didn't want to deal with replacing the rims but is it better to keep tires on same rims instead of swapping tires every 6-7 months? I like the black rims that m40i came with and since it's a lease I don't want to invest few grand on rims and tires.
So for now just swapping to winter setup will be sufficient, but I don't think I need snow tires. Just all season that's winter focused would be my ideal tire.
Biggest concern, the more times someone touches your wheels, the more chances someone has to put surface scratches on your wheels. In the last 6 years, I've had 14 tires swaps and have never had anything damaged, but it could happen. I've stopped using snows though as we don't get enough snow anymore to warrant it where I live with a FWD or AWD vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 06:19 PM   #25
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
Biggest concern, the more times someone touches your wheels, the more chances someone has to put surface scratches on your wheels. In the last 6 years, I've had 14 tires swaps and have never had anything damaged, but it could happen. I've stopped using snows though as we don't get enough snow anymore to warrant it where I live with a FWD or AWD vehicle.
Good point, do we still have TPMS in our rims or is it the latest electronic ones that sense by rotation?
As I mentioned my concern was that perhaps all seasons wouldn't be grippy enough in summer or winter since they are just basically all season tire. However if it's not that bad I will try year round which I want to do before people start shipping for them.
      05-20-2024, 06:25 PM   #26
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippco View Post
Love then and as a matter in fact I do have a spare which I just put on because I got a nice puncture in it the night before i have a late flight.

Not sure it can be repaired so I may be buying a new set 🤬
Ouch.. So sorry to hear. Where do you get your tires? I think I will do that, keep the ones that came with the car on the side until it's time to return the lease then mount those back and keep these.
Anyone hear about the cross climatr ones with triangle pattern, those seem popular too.