BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-16-2024, 06:47 PM   #23
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
The G45 seems to be attempting to address my biggest gripe: steering feel. Looks like it's going to be a great car.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 09:01 PM   #24
BMWbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
If that’s your priority buy a Lexus or Volvo.
I’d like to have a BMW with a better stereo.
      05-17-2024, 01:24 AM   #25
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
I’d like to have a BMW with a better stereo.
There are models within the BMW range with different audio systems.

Maybe your better is my terrible, as the perception of "better" is often due to acquired taste, and varies from person to person.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 07:18 AM   #26
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
Quote:

Maybe your better is my terrible, as the perception of "better" is often due to acquired taste, and varies from person to person.
Any idea of potential interest rates for the new X3? I suspect we won’t get anywhere near the last one.
Modifications - AutoID Front Splitter. DTUK Pedalbox Plus. Gloss Black M Badges. 3d Maxpider Kuga Floor Matts & Cargo liner. BMW M-Performance Flow Through Spoiler. Mid-Trunk Spoiler. 15mm Spacers all round. AP Arch Guards. X3M Side Vents. 699M Wheels Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 09:32 AM   #27
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
Any idea of potential interest rates for the new X3? I suspect we won’t get anywhere near the last one.
Don’t see 2.9% from BMW anytime soon in the UK. I think the current X3 is 4.9%, but the X1 is 7.9%.

Best guess, anywhere between 3.9% & 7.9%, although if the BoE cuts rates maybe towards the lower end of that.
Appreciate 1
Keefy1749.00
      05-17-2024, 09:40 AM   #28
BMWbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

The last car I owned with a reasonably decent stock stereo was my B5 S4.

The HK stereo in my M40i is the next best. It is a significant improvement over the HK in my former F31. That one was a disappointment. If you view the M40i stereo as “terrible,” that is also a comment on just how bad stereos are in so many other cars.

I gather there are better stereos in certain BMWs, but those are bigger than interest me, and/or are available only in other markets.

I’m not going to buy a car just for its stereo, but I’d like to have the option to have a good one in the car I want. Going aftermarket, as I did decades ago, is more of a challenge in modern cars.
      05-17-2024, 10:48 AM   #29
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
The last car I owned with a reasonably decent stock stereo was my B5 S4.

The HK stereo in my M40i is the next best. It is a significant improvement over the HK in my former F31. That one was a disappointment. If you view the M40i stereo as “terrible,” that is also a comment on just how bad stereos are in so many other cars.

I gather there are better stereos in certain BMWs, but those are bigger than interest me, and/or are available only in other markets.

I’m not going to buy a car just for its stereo, but I’d like to have the option to have a good one in the car I want. Going aftermarket, as I did decades ago, is more of a challenge in modern cars.
the X5 is kind of the sweet spot in the SUV lineup from others i've talked to. it gets things like nappa leather, air suspension, better hk stereo with a sub, bowers stereo option, massage seats, etc. things some other x3 sized competitors actually get. The x7 is really just an upsized x5 and retains a similar interior quality, the x3 is where the drop off in quality happens.

but yeah the x5/x6 are just far too big imo.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT

Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | F87 M2c | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1
lfdal541211.00
      05-17-2024, 10:57 AM   #30
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
the X5 is kind of the sweet spot in the SUV lineup from others i've talked to. it gets things like nappa leather, air suspension, better hk stereo with a sub, bowers stereo option, massage seats, etc. things some other x3 sized competitors actually get. The x7 is really just an upsized x5 and retains a similar interior quality, the x3 is where the drop off in quality happens.

My sentiment, too. I was cross shopping a similar price point between the X3 M40i and X5 xDrive40i. When looking at the benefits of the X5, the interior and tech are overwhelmingly positive. But if you hop over to the forums, even though they share the B58, it's hammered in over and over that the X5 just feels way bigger, less precise, and less sporty.

Guess that's the see-saw effect: am I willing to give up interior quality and creature features for a sportier/smaller SUV.
      05-17-2024, 04:57 PM   #31
BMWbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post

I briefly considered the X5. But it really is bigger than I’d prefer. I might have gone for the hybrid, except that reliability reports scared me away, plus it’s not available with adaptive suspension.