BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-15-2023, 07:53 AM   #1
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

My BMW app

Does anyone else find the app a bit rubbish for charging updates? I know it's been discussed before and nothing will change but I find it a little annoying for checking on charging.

Example, I plugged the car in to charge at 1.09pm. the car shows me it's charging at 30 amps and will be finished at 7.44pm. However, looking on the app it says it will finish at 5.39am tomorrow morning and is charging at 13 amps. It's been charging for 40 minutes already and the app hasn't updated correctly and the range has only increased by 1 mile. If I go out to check the car to see what is really happening it then stops the charging, so you have to wait a few minutes for it to start again and to ramp up. Not asking for miracles but up to date info on the app would be nice.

Just complaining out loud instead of to just myself.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 12:06 PM   #2
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

Agree not the best. Something sounds odd with your car vs charger, is it different settings re ampage? Re app, I’ve got a widget set on iPhone Home Screen and when charging that updates the SoC %, probably not quite real time but you can glance progress which I find helpful.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
miksen
Rep
Drives: iX3-G08 (ex 320D-F31, 135-E88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
...looking on the app it says it will finish at 5.39am tomorrow morning and is charging at 13 amps. It's been charging for 40 minutes already and the app hasn't updated correctly and the range has only increased by 1 mile....
On the front screen of the app you can pull down to force a refresh.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 04:39 AM   #4
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Thanks everyone. I tried several refreshes, nothing changes. I've only had the car a couple of months and it does this each time. After about an hour of charging I get a notification from the car saying the charging time has been updated. It then shows the correct 7.44pm completion time and 30amp charging. I just don't get why the app needs this hour to update when the car is correct. I've even sat in the car before comparing the two, how sad is that.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 07:43 AM   #5
brownejp
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 MSport Pro Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
Does anyone else find the app a bit rubbish for charging updates? I know it's been discussed before and nothing will change but I find it a little annoying for checking on charging.

Example, I plugged the car in to charge at 1.09pm. the car shows me it's charging at 30 amps and will be finished at 7.44pm. However, looking on the app it says it will finish at 5.39am tomorrow morning and is charging at 13 amps. It's been charging for 40 minutes already and the app hasn't updated correctly and the range has only increased by 1 mile. If I go out to check the car to see what is really happening it then stops the charging, so you have to wait a few minutes for it to start again and to ramp up. Not asking for miracles but up to date info on the app would be nice.

Just complaining out loud instead of to just myself.
If you dont want the car to stop charging when you go back into it to check the dash. Go in the passenger side.
Appreciate 1