BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-30-2023, 12:59 PM   #1
SilverShadow19
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

19 X3 Rear Washer sprayer nozzle

I need to replace the rear window sprayer that is housed in the spoiler. I don't know how to remove the spoiler and don't want to pay someone unless I can't figure it out. Does anyone have an instructional on this procedure?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
autoart
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90 M/ 22 X3

Is Is it clogged? Have you tried unclogging it? With air or a thin wire strand?
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
mattsheng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
Here is the repair manual: Removing spray nozzle, rear wiper system (6 FRU) (REP-REP-P-6162110-G01 - V.3).pdf
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2023, 11:11 PM   #4
SilverShadow19
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoart View Post
Is Is it clogged? Have you tried unclogging it? With air or a thin wire strand?
It isn't clogged as water does come out, but it's just the hose without the nozzle.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 11:12 PM   #5
SilverShadow19
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsheng View Post
Here is the repair manual: Attachment 3289014
Thank you very much! Greatly appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 02:56 PM   #6
SilverShadow19
Rep

Thanks again Matt Sheng for posting the instructions and it helped greatly! The backstory is that I purchased a 2019 X3 CPO in March this year. Being in Southern California and washing my car regularly, I never used the window washer system until about a month ago and it was clogged. Took it to the dealer based on other's stories and they covered it under warranty.

After getting the car back, I took notice that the rear window sprayer looked "odd" and after investigatiing more realized that the prior owner had "rigged" the system by snaking the hose between the spoiler and window and left the hose without the sprayer attached. Presumably , the prior sprayer was clogged or broken and instead of getting it fixed, they developed this resolution. I don't get this thought process, especially on a vehicle like this when it's a very easy fix.

Not familiar with the car, figured that something had to be attached to the hose, purchased the sprayer and then realized the sprayer is placed in the spoiler. Everything works great now. I am posting pictures to hopefully tell the story and help others that need to fix it. Very simple.

Thanks again for the help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mattsheng994.50
      10-01-2023, 04:48 PM   #7
mattsheng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverShadow19 View Post
Thanks again Matt Sheng for posting the instructions and it helped greatly! The backstory is that I purchased a 2019 X3 CPO in March this year. Being in Southern California and washing my car regularly, I never used the window washer system until about a month ago and it was clogged. Took it to the dealer based on other's stories and they covered it under warranty.

After getting the car back, I took notice that the rear window sprayer looked "odd" and after investigatiing more realized that the prior owner had "rigged" the system by snaking the hose between the spoiler and window and left the hose without the sprayer attached. Presumably , the prior sprayer was clogged or broken and instead of getting it fixed, they developed this resolution. I don't get this thought process, especially on a vehicle like this when it's a very easy fix.

Not familiar with the car, figured that something had to be attached to the hose, purchased the sprayer and then realized the sprayer is placed in the spoiler. Everything works great now. I am posting pictures to hopefully tell the story and help others that need to fix it. Very simple.

Thanks again for the help!
Glad it helped!
Appreciate 1