BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2023, 07:25 PM   #1
Raphael X4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4

BMW Brake Fluid Service

I am in Canada and get free service which includes changing the brake fluid.

Invoice states:
"REMOVE ALL OLD FLUID FROM RESERVOIR. INSPECTION OF BRAKING SYSTEM, ANY VISUAL LEAKS (LINES, HOSES AND CLAMPS) OR AREA OF CONCERN. VISUAL INSPECTION OF BRAKE PAD AND ROTOR CONDITION.REFILL BRAKE SYSTEM WITH MANUFACTURER'S FLUID. TEST DRIVE VEHICLE TO VERIFY PROPER FUNCTION OF COMPONENTS."

I find this wording odd and now think that the dealership only changes the fluid in the reservoir and not actually bleed the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 07:50 PM   #2
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

The "Test Drive" would bug me.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 07:55 PM   #3
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael X4 View Post
I am in Canada and get free service which includes changing the brake fluid.

Invoice states:
"REMOVE ALL OLD FLUID FROM RESERVOIR. INSPECTION OF BRAKING SYSTEM, ANY VISUAL LEAKS (LINES, HOSES AND CLAMPS) OR AREA OF CONCERN. VISUAL INSPECTION OF BRAKE PAD AND ROTOR CONDITION.REFILL BRAKE SYSTEM WITH MANUFACTURER'S FLUID. TEST DRIVE VEHICLE TO VERIFY PROPER FUNCTION OF COMPONENTS."

I find this wording odd and now think that the dealership only changes the fluid in the reservoir and not actually bleed the brakes.
It says refill brake system, not reservoir. It would be irresponsible to do otherwise, and there would be legal consequences for not bleeding the system.
I've also found that the tech reports are not always models of English composition.
Appreciate 0