BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-16-2023, 04:06 PM   #1
Fingerblaster007
Rep
Drives: X3Mc

wiper problem

So I took my car for its first bath at the car wash and like the noob that I am, I left the auto wiper on and the blades went on. I turned them off pretty quick but not before something happened because now my passenger side wiper won’t work. Is there a fuse or something somewhere on this beast? Or am I screwed and gonna have to take it to the dealer? I can’t be the only dummy that’s done this 🤦‍♂️
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 05:54 PM   #2
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
If one wiper works, they both should i believe its single motor and they are just on a track connected, might have to dig around in there and check. I've never torn apart that system. Check the fuses in the passenger side trunk wall, undert the carpet area. Gonna have to google what fuse it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 08:15 PM   #3
cutnsew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M

If they’re sposed to work together and only 1 is working, couldn’t the elbow connector have just popped off?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 05:04 PM   #4
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerblaster007 View Post
So I took my car for its first bath at the car wash and like the noob that I am, I left the auto wiper on and the blades went on. I turned them off pretty quick but not before something happened because now my passenger side wiper won’t work. Is there a fuse or something somewhere on this beast? Or am I screwed and gonna have to take it to the dealer? I can’t be the only dummy that’s done this 🤦‍♂️
The car isn't old enough to be out of warranty is it? Bring it in immediately and just say, wiper don't work.. expensive car, please fix.. its embarrassing.. and keep the car wash details to yourself.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer2003.00
      09-21-2023, 12:26 PM   #5
Fingerblaster007
Rep
Drives: X3Mc

Lol yea I’m keeping my mouth shut about the how. It’s good timing because we just had a major downpour with hail a few days before it happened so I’ll just blame it on that. I checked to see if a nut was loose or I could see anything glaringly wrong and everything looked ok. I’ll let them mess around with the fuse box. Getting dropped off today so fingers crossed it’s something that they’ll cover
Appreciate 0