BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-21-2023, 01:30 AM   #23
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawood711 View Post
My LCI doesn't have wireless charging and its just a small 2-3 inch deep pocket.
Most early to mid production 2022 LCIs (08/2021 to around 03/2022) had the Digital Key deletion. Therefore its just an awkward cubby without a flat surface for NFC or wireless charging.

All late production starting around 03/2022 didn’t have the deletion code. Therefore it was fitted with the NFC tray pictured above or the wireless charging tray if optioned with it (which they allowed during late production)

If you’re ordering a 2023 or later, you’re almost guaranteed to have digital key, therefor the NFC pad would be there.
Appreciate 1
SCCThree871.00
      04-21-2023, 01:40 AM   #24
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Competition

032Z deletion of bmw digital key
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 04:17 PM   #25
CDM_415
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 F97 X3MC

Good to know re: the center console tray still looking the same with or without wireless charging.

I took a trip to my local dealer this past weekend to go through these questions. Unfortunately they didn't have an X3M (or even an X3) in tartufo for me to sit in (and neither did any dealer within 20 miles). I'm leaning towards keeping tartufo instead of midrand beige, and swapping mobile charging for ventilated seats.

One thing the dealer could not explain to me was whether ventilated seats does or does not remove the adjustable side bolsters. The builder says it is removed when adding ventilated seats, but the X3MC I sat in which had midrand beige with ventilation did still have adjustable side bolsters. Is the builder wrong on this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 05:32 PM   #26
ElCid08
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

My 2023 has ventilated seats and adjustable side bolsters(Sakhir orange interior). May want to confirm with BMW genius just to put your mind at ease 👍🏻
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
gapband244.00
thestimp1031.50
      04-24-2023, 08:35 PM   #27
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM_415 View Post
Good to know re: the center console tray still looking the same with or without wireless charging.

I took a trip to my local dealer this past weekend to go through these questions. Unfortunately they didn't have an X3M (or even an X3) in tartufo for me to sit in (and neither did any dealer within 20 miles). I'm leaning towards keeping tartufo instead of midrand beige, and swapping mobile charging for ventilated seats.

One thing the dealer could not explain to me was whether ventilated seats does or does not remove the adjustable side bolsters. The builder says it is removed when adding ventilated seats, but the X3MC I sat in which had midrand beige with ventilation did still have adjustable side bolsters. Is the builder wrong on this?
I'm wondering if its just poor wording and they only mean for the non-m seats. I have black interior but have ventilated seats with adjustable side bolsters just like the member above posted with his shakir orange.
      04-24-2023, 09:50 PM   #28
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M comp

Quote:

Get the ventilated seats.

The wording means when you order ventilation it removes the standard sports seats and forces the M sport seats, if you don't have the comp package the M sport seats are a stand alone 950 dollar option.

So basically the seats in the X3M come in the three following specs.

Standard Sport Seats (with adjustable side bolsters) and no ventilation : not available on the comp

M sport seats (with adjustable bolsters) and no ventilation : what you are currently signed up for.

M sport seats (with adjustable bolsters) with ventilation : the one you want.

So basically selecting ventilation on the seats forces the M sport Seat (which have more aggressive adjustable bolsters by default) and hence "removes standard sport seats and adjustable bolsters"
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 10:13 PM   #29
CDM_415
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 F97 X3MC

Got it. Thanks everyone for the clarification!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 05:00 AM   #30
ElCid08
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Got it. Thanks everyone for the clarification!
No problem! Congrats again on ordering your new X3MC! Can’t wait to see pictures of it one day.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:27 AM   #31
sawood711
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 MBB X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPM4 View Post
Can you share a pic? Not following your description. Is yours different than my pic 2 posts up? Mine doesn’t have wireless charging, but does have digital key.
Sorry for the delay, was out of town. Also, sorry for having a dirty center console lol See the cubby is too shallow and not long enough to properly store a phone. So i just close that area and put my phone on top when I don't have any drinks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mtl8854.00
ZCPM4134.00
      04-28-2023, 07:51 PM   #32
DBU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4MC - Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Interesting, from what I’m seeing on the builder it reads like the adjustable side bolsters are removed with the ventilated seats option. Maybe that’s referring to the standard sport seats and not the M sport seats? A bit confusing but will confirm with my CA. Can anyone with Tartufo confirm whether they have ventilated seats and still keep the side bolsters?
Interesting description for the ventilated seats. On my '22 X4MC, they work differently; instead of blowing air, they actually suck air. The air is sucked out of the space between your sweaty back and the seat. It works great. Not sure what package also gave me the option to automatically turn on the ventilated seat at an ambient temperature I can select.
You still get side bolsters with ventilated seats, but they are not adjustable. The non-adjustable side bolsters do a good job IMHO.
Finally: MBB FTW. I literally get weekly compliments on that color from complete strangers.
Appreciate 0