BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-23-2022, 11:07 AM   #1145
LostLuggage
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteves View Post
situation identical to mine, car built on July 29th, status 165 since August 10th after delivery dates in October and November now the seller told me the first week of January....
I'm going to put some information I saw in a facebook group...
Shit . Seems to be the case for all of us that had production date at around 29/7 and after? Or have you seen any case here or in the the Facebook group where someone who had production after us, that have got the status updated as shipped?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #1146
portal96
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

So the Altair Leader has basically spent the past twenty four hours go around in circles in the North Sea just outside Emden.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9539171

It is really strange to see, in that space of time the vessel could have done a Southampton stop and come back to Emden?

Many thanks,
I’m also baffled by this. Even stranger is that according to the marine tracking websites, none seem to be showing Altair Leader as due to arrive in Emden. I get it could be something to do with the order the cars were loaded onto the vessel, but it is really annoying to see it going round the houses having sailed right by the south coast so long ago.

Checked my status this evening, still 195 expected delivery unchanged at w/c 14 Nov, but given the frequent delays of the Altair Leader I am now expecting it to be more like 1st week December for delivery to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 01:09 PM   #1147
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Hello,

So the Altair Leader has basically spent the past twenty four hours go around in circles in the North Sea just outside Emden.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9539171

It is really strange to see, in that space of time the vessel could have done a Southampton stop and come back to Emden?

Many thanks,
Looks like it's finally underway
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 04:37 PM   #1148
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacca007 View Post
Looks like it's finally underway
And finally there!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 01:08 AM   #1149
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Grand Duke now back online in the Red Sea
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 01:15 AM   #1150
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro on order

All these boats we’re tracking, I wonder whether any of our cars are on the ones we’re looking at!
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi72.00
      10-24-2022, 02:13 AM   #1151
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVNorfolk View Post
All these boats we’re tracking, I wonder whether any of our cars are on the ones we’re looking at!
haha, very true.

If anyone wants to see the terminal (car park) where our cars are sat for 3 months here it is... Dalian RORO Terminal

Look how many spaces there are
Appreciate 2
Esteves33.00
JW_7751.00
      10-24-2022, 05:10 AM   #1152
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Exactly... But it's fun to speculate, what else are we to do?

New theory: what if CASSIOPEIA Leader is one to watch? (even if it didn't originate in Dalian) It came via South Africa (where the X3 ICE is built) and went via Bremerhaven/Zeebrugge. Is it possible that the X3s need to be unloaded at Bremerhaven for some work/finishing and then reloaded back onto a ship for delivery to Southampton?

Anyway, wishful thinking but CASSIOPEIA has just docked in Southampton from Bremerhaven (where it possibly unloaded some X3s and loaded some iX3s??). Maybe this is how BMW could still have an expected delivery of some vehicles in October?
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi72.00
      10-24-2022, 05:56 AM   #1153
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_77 View Post
And finally there!
And a quick turnaround and now enroute to Southampton.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2022, 06:20 AM   #1154
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Still no update still 165 with a delivery date between 7th and 13th November.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:35 AM   #1155
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Quote:
All these boats we're tracking, I wonder whether any of our cars are on the ones we're looking at!

New theory: what if CASSIOPEIA Leader is one to watch? (even if it didn't originate in Dalian) It came via South Africa (where the X3 ICE is built) and went via Bremerhaven/Zeebrugge. Is it possible that the X3s need to be unloaded at Bremerhaven for some work/finishing and then reloaded back onto a ship for delivery to Southampton?

Anyway, wishful thinking but CASSIOPEIA has just docked in Southampton from Bremerhaven (where it possibly unloaded some X3s and loaded some iX3s??). Maybe this is how BMW could still have an expected delivery of some vehicles in October?
Hello,

That's a good theory, it could well happen, I mean when you've got literally hundreds of vehicle carriers in your NYK Lines fleet, some going round the world eastbound, some going round the world westbound, you're probably never more than a couple of days sailing away from another NYK Lines ship.

Perhaps it is more hub and spoke logistics concept than we think and cars are offloaded and reloaded onto other ships? I assumed it was more direct, with stopping points along the way.

Whatever happens, BMW don't seem to be doing too bad with shipping space they've purchased, as soon as the iX3s come into Southampton I'd have thought it'll be BMW Minis going for export on the way out?

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:43 AM   #1156
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All these boats we're tracking, I wonder whether any of our cars are on the ones we're looking at!

Is it possible that BMW are using other RORO operators to ship our vehicles part of the way if not all of the way.
I do find it strange for them to rely on one shipping company
WW and K line are all RORO operators
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:49 AM   #1157
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
BMW are still insisting on delivery to the dealer this week, with code 165
I assume that you've still no clue where your car is
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:00 AM   #1158
JW_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Perhaps it is more hub and spoke logistics concept than we think and cars are offloaded and reloaded onto other ships? I assumed it was more direct, with stopping points along the way.
That could be quite true. According to the Southampton Port Schedule the RoRo operator for Cassiopeia Leader and Altair Leader is Premiership Ltd. I looked at their schedule and saw that there isn't one direct from Dalian to Southampton, so makes sense if the hub is Bremerhaven and then reloaded for other ports?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:24 AM   #1159
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWandyIX3 View Post
I assume that you've still no clue where your car is
Nope, not a sausage!

Edit just checked with Genius, as far as he can see it’s still at the port of Dalian, stuck on 165 and no date is now available for delivery!

Last edited by EVNorfolk; 10-24-2022 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:44 AM   #1160
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That could be quite true. According to the Southampton Port Schedule the RoRo operator for Cassiopeia Leader and Altair Leader is Premiership Ltd. I looked at their schedule and saw that there isn't one direct from Dalian to Southampton, so makes sense if the hub is Bremerhaven and then reloaded for other ports?
It was just a thought because if 364 cars a day (figure quoted on factory tour vid) being produced is correct then two scheduled sailings a month isn't going to keep up with production as they'll have already picked up other vehicles before the get to Dalian port.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 08:26 AM   #1161
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Mine is still code 195. Somewhere in the blue bit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #1162
dan123
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Mine is still code 195. Somewhere in the blue bit
If I remember correctly we're tracking a very similar timeline, my delivery date was most recently moved from Dec 18th to Dec 12th according to Genius. I'm at 195 too.

What are you being told?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 01:18 PM   #1163
Nemus
Rep
Drives: X5 50e LCi (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieBelgiun View Post
Well, I'm also the part of the BMW delivery saga.
Ordered late December 2021 in all hassle as BMW would reduce the fleet discount from 15 to 0%, on an 80k euro car this has a huge impact.
They promised the car in max 6 months, all sounded well till the paperwork was done.

I received a lot of delivery dates already, currently it is 'might be December 2022', not far from the first delivery date March 2023.

BMW doesn't even know where the car is, they assume it is on a boat underway, but they aren't sure and can't tell for sure on which boat.
Last real date is transported from factory to Dalian on 24th of July.

I opted for the iX3 because of promised fast delivery times and the i4 would be delivered over the 5-year lease term of my current car. The iX3 might slip also past that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieBelgiun View Post
Well, I'm also the part of the BMW delivery saga.
Ordered late December 2021 in all hassle as BMW would reduce the fleet discount from 15 to 0%, on an 80k euro car this has a huge impact.
They promised the car in max 6 months, all sounded well till the paperwork was done.

I received a lot of delivery dates already, currently it is 'might be December 2022', not far from the first delivery date March 2023.

BMW doesn't even know where the car is, they assume it is on a boat underway, but they aren't sure and can't tell for sure on which boat.
Last real date is transported from factory to Dalian on 24th of July.

I opted for the iX3 because of promised fast delivery times and the i4 would be delivered over the 5-year lease term of my current car. The iX3 might slip also past that point.
I was in the exact same situation. My iX3 was ordered by BMW Gregoir in Puurs in the last week of December. Originally I would also receive it after around 6 months. Unfortunately it was delayed. My cat got produced in july and was shipped end of August. It arrived in Zeebrugge end of September and I have been waiting almost 2 weeks now.

My dealer confirmed that they 'requested' the car last week which means a transport should have delivered my car to the dealer today.

Once the car is physically at the darker they request the documents at BMW Belgium (which is literally 1km from the dealer and 500m from my work) so they can forward it to the leasing company. So if I'm lucky i get the plates before the end of next week :fingerscrossed:
      10-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #1164
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
If I remember correctly we're tracking a very similar timeline, my delivery date was most recently moved from Dec 18th to Dec 12th according to Genius. I'm at 195 too.

What are you being told?
Yeah the same mate. Changed from 18th Dec to 12th Dec when I checked this morning.

Dealer still confident of delivery in November

Still not worked out a possible ship with date changing to 195 on 10th Oct.
10 days after Grand Duke left Dalian seams to long, even with the coding issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 02:02 PM   #1165
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the same mate. Changed from 18th Dec to 12th Dec when I checked this morning.

Dealer still confident of delivery in November

Still not worked out a possible ship with date changing to 195 on 10th Oct.
10 days after Grand Duke left Dalian seams to long, even with the coding issues?
At least your code did eventually change, we’re still on 165 and now no clue when we may get our car. You’d think after nearly 3 months the car may actually have left Dalian!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #1166
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
At least your code did eventually change, we’re still on 165 and now no clue when we may get our car. You’d think after nearly 3 months the car may actually have left Dalian!
Unbelievable, I don't know how they're getting away with it 😩

Frustrating there's nothing we can do.

Mate at work just ordered a new Skoda and got told 52 weeks delivery, one of mates just cancelled an order with Audi after months of waiting without production starting. Grass isn't always greener on the other side!

Keep seeing people posting pictures of new cars on the facebook, that keeps me going! As genius keep saying. "it's a beautiful car"
Appreciate 0