BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #23
Kozumasbullitt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRock View Post
I love hearing these perspectives! It's funny how car enthusiasts can think of things differently. Part of the reason I'm attracted to the GT-R is because it's a Nissan. I'm fairly brand agnostic, and find the development story behind the GT-R very compelling. Great engineers tasked to create a kick-ass sports car with a legendary history. The extreme example is the LF-A, which took a group of engineers at Lexus a decade to create. The "one off" developmental nature of these cars makes them feel special, timeless. When people ask what I drive I'd love to just say "a Nissan"...just as my current response is "an X3"

Also, to be fair, the substandard Nissan is way more reliable than our German machines!
Don't get me wrong, the GTR is a legend. I am of Japanese heritage and have a JDM soft-spot, so the GTR is near and dear to me. With that said, the GTR is no longer a performance value, especially considering what the Corvette brings to the table.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #24
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozumasbullitt View Post
Quote:
I love hearing these perspectives! It's funny how car enthusiasts can think of things differently. Part of the reason I'm attracted to the GT-R is because it's a Nissan. I'm fairly brand agnostic, and find the development story behind the GT-R very compelling. Great engineers tasked to create a kick-ass sports car with a legendary history. The extreme example is the LF-A, which took a group of engineers at Lexus a decade to create. The "one off" developmental nature of these cars makes them feel special, timeless. When people ask what I drive I'd love to just say "a Nissan"...just as my current response is "an X3"

Also, to be fair, the substandard Nissan is way more reliable than our German machines!
Don't get me wrong, the GTR is a legend. I am of Japanese heritage and have a JDM soft-spot, so the GTR is near and dear to me. With that said, the GTR is no longer a performance value, especially considering what the Corvette brings to the table.
You should never meet your legends, you'll just be disappointed. Especially if they're long in the tooth like Godzilla is.
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23717.00
      12-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #25
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Figured I'd update the thread — it's been a while since I posted on the F97 forum. I bought a 997.2 Carrera S with 38k miles. It's Meteor Grey over Natural Leather. Always wanted a clean 997.2 and couldn't pass this one up.

At the same time, I couldn't live without a BMW M-car in my life, so I ordered a G80 M3 Comp for daily duties. IOMG over full Silverstone leather. Added the carbon buckets because they are truly gorgeous to look at. It's currently held up at the port waiting for an amplifier to be installed, but should be here in the next few weeks. I'll post pics once it arrives. In the meantime, here is the 997.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
heavyD^23717.00
      12-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #26
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 GT4

Quote:
Figured I'd update the thread — it's been a while since I posted on the F97 forum. I bought a 997.2 Carrera S with 38k miles. It's Meteor Grey over Natural Leather. Always wanted a clean 997.2 and couldn't pass this one up.

At the same time, I couldn't live without a BMW M-car in my life, so I ordered a G80 M3 Comp for daily duties. IOMG over full Silverstone leather. Added the carbon buckets because they are truly gorgeous to look at. It's currently held up at the port waiting for an amplifier to be installed, but should be here in the next few weeks. I'll post pics once it arrives. In the meantime, here is the 997.
Congrats and good decision imo!

Currently have an M2C and a X4MC in the stable and will probably be trading in the X4MC for the G80 M3 Xdrive.

I'm also in Chicago and the X4MC was an impulse buy. We loved the power and its been fun, but as a daily, I would rather have something else. With how terrible the roads are here in Chicago (and in the suburbs) might as well just go G80 if its going to be a stiff ride anyway

We had been trying to decide between '22 Macan GTS or '22 Xdrive M3, and ultimately we settled on the '22 Xdrive M3.
Appreciate 1
LimeRock675.00