BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2021, 12:20 PM   #89
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John View Post
That actually does help. Since loaner cars are hard to come by these days, I pre-emptively scheduled an appointment with my dealer for today to deal with the recall issues (thinking that BMW might have a solution and parts by this point). The dealership, which had originally confirmed that my vehicle was impacted by this bearings issues now says there's no recall on my vehicle.

Thanks John & V8Man ,, perhaps this does add further support then to the "idea" that the "stop sale" issued was a "catch all" scenario, but in reality only a small number of the original stop sale vehicles are actually affected by the "bad batch of bearings" which should in theory, given the time that has elapsed since issue of the stop sale, identify just the vehicles affected, these then being recalled to fix. If it is only a small number, a full engine swap out would be the most cost effective / efficient way of "fixing" this problem. Affected engines could then be returned on mass to BMW to strip and rebuild to factory controlled processes.

Looking forward to watching your review later DJ .... with a good curry and a beer living life at the dining room table
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White

Last edited by HoJoRo; 11-01-2021 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0