BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #23
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020X3MCDG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernpromos View Post
I don't understand where all of this is coming from. No issues on my end, just crossed 5500 miles. Wouldn't want to change the ride at all.
Agreed. Ride quality is spot on in my opinion. If I wanted a soft and plush ride it would not have been an M.
Here's a real embarrassing story:

Tried to do maybe a 75 degree turn, didn't realize I was about to max out on 1st gear, popped my tail out while trying to catch the counter drift and long story short I literally thought I was going to flip over and die.

Fortunately I got away with a cracked rim and call me a bad driver, but to help remediate my fears, I threw on a wider stance along with a drop.

Not to drink the kool-aid but I'm definitely feeling a lot safer with the ride.
Stock rim? Wondering what it takes to crack a rim...Hard bounce or...?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #24
dhurng
Rep
Drives: '19 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by floating.spirit View Post
Yahh stock rims and they were actually the 20" ones too. And good question, as I would think the stock ones to be much sturdier than lightweight performance aftermarket rims.

It was a drift into a curb so literally a direct hit at possibly ~45mph :/

But to my surprise, it was just the edge that cracked and the tires were fine too with minor punctures, enough for me to drive about 20 miles before reaching the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 01:43 AM   #25
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yahh stock rims and they were actually the 20" ones too. And good question, as I would think the stock ones to be much sturdier than lightweight performance aftermarket rims.

But to my surprise, it was just the edge that cracked and the tires were fine too with minor punctures, enough for me to drive about 20 miles before reaching the dealership.
Ugh, a 20 mile drive of shame. Thanks for the cautionary tale as that's likely to be me. Glad it wasn't worse for ya.
Appreciate 1
dhurng408.00
      06-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #26
dhurng
Rep
Drives: '19 i8

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh, a 20 mile drive of shame. Thanks for the cautionary tale as that's likely to be me. Glad it wasn't worse for ya.
Hahaha "20 miles of shame", couldn't have said it better . And thank you! Yah after lowering and widening I do feel so much safer on the turns.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #27
RoyB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020X3MCDG View Post
Agreed. Ride quality is spot on in my opinion. If I wanted a soft and plush ride it would not have been an M.
I have the non Comp with 21s and it has gotten softer after some miles. However, I still don't get the point of the jarring truck like ride. You can have a vehicle that handles good without being overly stiff. Especially with todays ability to adjust the firmness on the fly. It's even worse from the passenger seat. Have someone drive you around and it's more noticeable if you aren't holding onto a steering wheel.
Appreciate 0