BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #1079
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Come on now, the car's just giving you a hug. It's glad to see you.
I laughed hard when I read your comment, then I showed it to my girlfriend (we were talking about the seatbelt tensioner just yesterday) and she also laughed a lot!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #1080
Vice8
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Yup. That is a HO-wort.

Those are F90 settings. You can learn a lot from Xpath.
Can explain more about HO-wort? Can this be done only in e-sys or can the bimmerapp edit this too?

If only in e-sys, where do I see the HO-wort?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #1081
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice8 View Post
Can explain more about HO-wort? Can this be done only in e-sys or can the bimmerapp edit this too?

If only in e-sys, where do I see the HO-wort?
I do not believe Bimmercode does VO coding.

HO-wort added to FA.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #1082
Hispeed4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

I coded the headunit a while back to have M animation and took away the warning screen. It has been fine until today. I turned on the car and my usb device came on and then disconnected. I tried 2 different wires and 2 devices and nothing would work. So i coded it back to original and works fine. I added same coding options again and works fine. Anyone have problems like this before?

Last edited by Hispeed4fun; 03-01-2019 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 01:37 AM   #1083
Vice8
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
I do not believe Bimmercode does VO coding.

HO-wort added to FA.
ok. What is the Options code I should add to FA? I have already the Tensioner options.

Does it means that after I added the option code to FA, I can see the Tensioner options in the iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #1084
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
Paul, you are not alone in this quandary. I also donated some weeks ago and am still waiting. The situation with obtaining the token is not ideal, but it's hardly a scam. Scam implies that the developer financially benefits from the scheme. The reality is that the developer is not asking for money; he is asking users to donate money to a legitimate cause. The only problem, as I see it, is that the developer is not consistently active on the forum. If his job is anything like mine (consulting), I can completely understand how he may not want to deal with what is essentially a hobby to him for several months in a row when his job responsibilities heat up.

But complaining aside, the reason why I am interested in E-Sys is QC. I very much dislike that I don't truly know what BimmerCode actually does to my car when I hit the Code button. With E-Sys, everything is completely transparent. I know exactly what each FDL value was before I changed it, and I know exactly what I changed it to. Why did you decide to jump from BimmerCode to E-Sys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepersjoey View Post
So I decide to jump from Beemercode to ESys.

I got the cable.
I downloaded the two pieces of software.
Then I tried to get this magic token.

The more I searched the more I realize that this is a scam. There are several people that jumped through the hoops and then waited M O N T H S (!!!) before getting a response and the magic token.

Also, several people noted that it expired at the end of 2018 making them question if they needed to pay again.

Please help me understand how this "place the money into a brown bag, post the bag on the left bulletin board at the gym, slowly walk away, email the troll to say that the 'Pizza is always best when not eaten backwards', then wait for a few months ("be patient" says the congregation) with the hope that the Magical Nymph responds" is not a scam?

Read the posts. There are dozens of pages of people saying "I donate, I requested in Sep, it is now Dec, and I have nothing".

I cannot be alone on this quandary.
Paul
I have discovered you can get lifetime e-sys launcher pro token from ebay for £8!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163496082437
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #1085
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Just thought I would mention this.

I drove today with the OBDLink MX+ in the OBD port to check the coolant temp, voltage, turbo boost, etc. However, when I stopped and locked the car, the alarm started sounding off.
I was planning to leave the OBD adapter connected for the return trip home. But of course I had to remove the adapter to keep the alarm from sounding.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #1086
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I drove today with the OBDLink MX+ in the OBD port to check the coolant temp, voltage, turbo boost, etc. However, when I stopped and locked the car, the alarm started sounding off.
I was planning to leave the OBD adapter connected for the return trip home. But of course I had to remove the adapter to keep the alarm from sounding.
Strange, I leave my UniCarScan plugged in all the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 07:47 PM   #1087
mak51m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i

I tried to code ASD off but no luck. The option did not appear in the BimmerCode app (I got 30i).
Tried using both the Vgate and OBD adaptors and tried selecting various cars on the Bimmercode menu.

Anyone else seen this?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #1088
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak51m View Post
I tried to code ASD off but no luck. The option did not appear in the BimmerCode app (I got 30i).
Tried using both the Vgate and OBD adaptors and tried selecting various cars on the Bimmercode menu.

Anyone else seen this?
Isn't ASD only found in M40i or M40d?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 08:21 PM   #1089
mak51m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
That would explain it
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #1090
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I have discovered you can get lifetime e-sys launcher pro token from ebay for £8!

It's a really old version of Launcher Pro. I think the version you want for G01 chassis is Pro 3.x. As I understand it, the older version may lack newer mappings.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #1091
efisher13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2019 X3 M 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispeed4fun View Post
I coded the headunit a while back to have M animation and took away the warning screen. It has been fine until today. I turned on the car and my usb device came on and then disconnected. I tried 2 different wires and 2 devices and nothing would work. So i coded it back to original and works fine. I added same coding options again and works fine. Anyone have problems like this before?
I have that along with a few other things coded with no issues now. I did have and issue with TPM and had to code one by one until it tripped. So far the only thing I need to code again is the mirror tilt and video in motion. I am not sure why either of those would cause the TPM to malfunction
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #1092
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:

That version will not be much help unless you have ODX to import.

Quote:
ok. What is the Options code I should add to FA? I have already the Tensioner options.

Does it means that after I added the option code to FA, I can see the Tensioner options in the iDrive?
No idrive function as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #1093
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Quote:
Quote:

Strange, I leave my UniCarScan plugged in all the time.
You should not be able to arm the alarm with it plugged in. I couldn't, until I coded that thing off in the FZD2 ECU.

But remember that it will be powered constantly when parked, draining your battery. As discussed in other threads.

If parking only short times, should be okay to leave it plugged in.
      03-02-2019, 02:55 AM   #1094
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That version will not be much help unless you have ODX to import.

Quote:

No idrive function as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
Quote:

It's a really old version of Launcher Pro. I think the version you want for G01 chassis is Pro 3.x. As I understand it, the older version may lack newer mappings.
Ah yes, I saw the 3.3 and thought that was the launcher version.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #1095
Hispeed4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisher13 View Post
I have that along with a few other things coded with no issues now. I did have and issue with TPM and had to code one by one until it tripped. So far the only thing I need to code again is the mirror tilt and video in motion. I am not sure why either of those would cause the TPM to malfunction
It seems fine now. I also noticed yesterday that the seat belt indicator for the front passenger seat never turn green but the rear does. This is after i coded seat belt warning off.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #1096
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by efisher13 View Post
It seems fine now. I also noticed yesterday that the seat belt indicator for the front passenger seat never turn green but the rear does. This is after i coded seat belt warning off.
The rears don't have any sensors in the seats, but the front do, right? And all got sensors in the seat buckles. So the tears should turn green when buckles, otherwise stay red, until it all go away a few moments later. And the front seat ones; well, I guess it depends on the coding then...
      03-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #1097
Hispeed4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
The rears don't have any sensors in the seats, but the front do, right? And all got sensors in the seat buckles. So the tears should turn green when buckles, otherwise stay red, until it all go away a few moments later. And the front seat ones; well, I guess it depends on the coding then...
Wife in front seat buckles and it doesnt turn green. Kid in back buckles and it does turn green. Yes when you start moving they all go away.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #1098
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
Wife in front seat buckles and it doesnt turn green. Kid in back buckles and it does turn green. Yes when you start moving they all go away.
Ouch. Ok. Maybe there is another FDL to correct that.. or a firmware "glitch" not caught in testing, since no market sells the cars this way.
      03-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #1099
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Disabling the speed limit sign in HUD

I very much dislike the speed limit sign in the HUD, so I tried to code it off just now. The first photo shows iDrive settings before coding. I then coded HUD_CB_SPEEDLIMITINFO under 300C HUD to "aktiv" (the default setting is "nicht_aktiv"). The second photo shows iDrive settings after coding. Things looked promising, except nothing happens when I click on "Speed limit information." It's basically a non-functional checkbox. Any ideas how to proceed?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #1100
muzzalad
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 530d xDrive Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
ASD as in Active Sound Design?

I think it goes into other models too.
My 30d definitely doesn't sound like a diesel from the inside.
Not sure whether it's Harman Kardon /region specific.

Had a look on RealOEM and it seems that the part that's on mine is available on other models too?

The box in the back looks pretty similar to the one on my M135i which definitely did have ASD (on top of a pre-OPF & EU sound regulations exhaust).
2015 BMW M135i (F20)
Instagram SanRemoGreen_5Touring
Appreciate 0