BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #507
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I know what you mean, on photos the black grilles can just look like black holes, whereas in person you can see the reflections on the gloss black.

Hmmm, the cerium has really grown on me, but I already have a set of black grilles coming as soon as my dealer gets stock in, so I'll try them on and see what I think, but I think I will leave them on as I want something different to stock on the exterior.
Yeah there was this one member who has a Phytonic Blue M40i and he put on the Black Grills. He eventually removed them as the Cerium really looks great on the Blue color.
      01-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #508
OttoMobilia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: it varies on my mood 😊

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

what do you think of the wheels?
wheels look perfect...love it!
 | Driving Assistance Pkg| Driving Assistance Plus Pkg | Executive Pkg | Premium Pkg | F & R Heated Seats
 | Trailer Hitch
 | Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot
 | Adaptive M Suspension
 | M Sport Diff | H K sound
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:41 AM   #509
mak51m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i

Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.

Last edited by mak51m; 01-23-2019 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
AJFord115.50
      01-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #510
SROC3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak51m View Post
Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Hmmmm......never thought of wrapping the V Brace. Good idea
      01-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #511
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Installed my 3D Max Spider Floormats VERY nice and snug fit. Tried it with the standard floormat underneath for more cushioning but better fit without on the driver's side. I left the passenger standard mat on and it still fits well
I have to try the BMW all weather mats without the standard floor mats underneath. The all weather mats move around a little bit (only notice after I get out of the car and see the mats shifted 1" from where I placed it).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:11 AM   #512
SROC3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
I have to try the BMW all weather mats without the standard floor mats underneath. The all weather mats move around a little bit (only notice after I get out of the car and see the mats shifted 1" from where I placed it).
The 3D mats are perfect....
      01-12-2019, 03:50 AM   #513
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Installed my 3D Max Spider Floormats VERY nice and snug fit. Tried it with the standard floormat underneath for more cushioning but better fit without on the driver's side. I left the passenger standard mat on and it still fits well
You shouldn't have the standard mats under the all weather mats, it actually says so in the instructions for safety reasons. The all weather mats need to attach to the velcro pads on the floor so they don't move.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:27 AM   #514
Tex94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Carbon Black

Garage List
Quote:
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Looks really nice. Is your X3 carbon black or just black? Also, did you wrap the mirror caps too? Thinking about doing the grills and mirror caps on my carbon black so would love to see more pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #515
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
You shouldn't have the standard mats under the all weather mats, it actually says so in the instructions for safety reasons. The all weather mats need to attach to the velcro pads on the floor so they don't move.
There's instructions? I don't need no stinking instructions.

When I first installed them I was planning to remove it but laziness won over. I was thinking in the back of my mind I needed to remove them.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #516
AnOldBiker
Jim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 XDrive 40i

Subscribe
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #517
mak51m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex94 View Post
Quote:
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Looks really nice. Is your X3 carbon black or just black? Also, did you wrap the mirror caps too? Thinking about doing the grills and mirror caps on my carbon black so would love to see more pictures.
It's carbon black. Only the V Brace and the Grill surround got wrapped.

Last edited by mak51m; 01-13-2019 at 03:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907423.50
      01-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #518
ggrwatt
Rep
Drives: X3 30d Luxury

Quote:
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

Very nice look !!!
I especially like the Black and Inox Grill.
How did you do that ?

Did you buy them like this with Inox Grid and Black glossy edge/contour ? (In this case can you tell me the link please ?)
or did you fold or paint them ?

Wheels are TOP !!!!

Name:  01547010472.jpg
Views: 2825
Size:  365.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #519
astrohip
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencat View Post
Installed Maxpider Kagu floor mats front and rear. Very happy with the fit and finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Now that you've had them an entire four days , still happy with them? I'm ready to order mats, and these are at the top of my list.

Question: We have the same color combo, Blue/Cognac. I see you bought black mats. Did you give any thought to the Gray or the Beige? Happy with Black?
Arrived and installed! And look great. I agree with several others, the black mats look good on the black flooring. Very happy with the fit. Snug, tight, perfect. No sliding around.

Next is to finally decide which cargo area mat to get. I use the rails, don't have the spare, and would like something to protect the cargo area from all the crap I load & unload into it.

Oh, and I'd like to get a back seat cover. I've been using the one from my previous car (F10), but it's not a great fit, slides around a little. I carry my dogs all the time, and put large towels down, but I like a cover underneath the towels (plus, the towels cover the seat, not the back). I need something that stays in place.

Thanks again for the recommendations (from all) for the Maxpider Kagus.
      01-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #520
Jairgg9
Mexico
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30iA X Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrwatt View Post
Quote:
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

Very nice look !!!
I especially like the Black and Inox Grill.
How did you do that ?

Did you buy them like this with Inox Grid and Black glossy edge/contour ? (In this case can you tell me the link please ?)
or did you fold or paint them ?

Wheels are TOP !!!!

Attachment 1970969
Thank you, i wrap them, only the chrome, the inox grill its the original, its very easy to remove the grills and put them back. Also use black laminex film to the fog lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ledlow0.00
      01-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #521
MOWells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XDrive30i 2019

Quote:
Arrived and installed! And look great. I agree with several others, the black mats look good on the black flooring. Very happy with the fit. Snug, tight, perfect. No sliding around.

Next is to finally decide which cargo area mat to get. I use the rails, don't have the spare, and would like something to protect the cargo area from all the crap I load & unload into it.

Oh, and I'd like to get a back seat cover. I've been using the one from my previous car (F10), but it's not a great fit, slides around a little. I carry my dogs all the time, and put large towels down, but I like a cover underneath the towels (plus, the towels cover the seat, not the back). I need something that stays in place.

Thanks again for the recommendations (from all) for the Maxpider Kagus.
You might want to consider Canvasback cargo area covers. We have them in my X3 and our Ford Flex. They are very durable and allow use of the floor rails in the X3. The covers attach strongly to the carpet with hook & loop fasteners
https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...l?___SID=U&f=1
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #522
ggrwatt
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, i wrap them, only the chrome, the inox grill its the original, its very easy to remove the grills and put them back. Also use black laminex film to the fog lights.
Thanks for these information.
I like the look of your X3.
I did never wrap... will this hold ?
Will see how to do this and also find some black laminex film. (I'm located in France).

I'll get my brand new X3 on Tuesday... same color than yours in 30d Luxury version.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #523
Jairgg9
Mexico
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30iA X Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrwatt View Post
Quote:
Thanks for these information.
I like the look of your X3.
I did never wrap... will this hold ?
Will see how to do this and also find some black laminex film. (I'm located in France).

I'll get my brand new X3 on Tuesday... same color than yours in 30d Luxury version.
the vinyl holds well, I think you can be a step before painting to see if you like it, if you do not like how it looks you can remove it easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #524
ggrwatt
Rep

Quote:
the vinyl holds well, I think you can be a step before painting to see if you like it, if you do not like how it looks you can remove it easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #525
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Pet cover for rear seats
Suggestion for protecting rear bumper/tailgate bottom from dogs getting in and out
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #526
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

anyone get to test out their new snow tires in the northeast last night!? mine worked beautifully. great stopping and acceleration. went through the tallest snow I could find, only about 3-4 inches, never felt such great traction before in previous cars. uphill, downhill, turning quickly to find the point which I lose grip. great to get accustomed to what I can expect with this type of weather and this tire. was getting bummed out having this new rubber and no testing ground...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MechX3M40i1006.00
      01-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #527
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
anyone get to test out their new snow tires in the northeast last night!? mine worked beautifully. great stopping and acceleration. went through the tallest snow I could find, only about 3-4 inches, never felt such great traction before in previous cars. uphill, downhill, turning quickly to find the point which I lose grip. great to get accustomed to what I can expect with this type of weather and this tire. was getting bummed out having this new rubber and no testing ground...
LOL someone really had fun doing donuts and snow angels...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #528
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Would it be possible to merge this thread with the sticky one (with the same name)? Dackelone, Law, mkoesel, ybbiz34, Paul-Bracq-BMW
Appreciate 1
teaston10993.50