BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
nicholascanada
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Acura

Coding Memory Seats at Startup

Has anyone coded their x4/x3 to automatically move the seat back when you turn off the vehicle? I thought I read somewhere that this was possible, but cannot seem to find the post now.

This is what I saved. Called: Easy access driver seat. It moves back when car is in park and when you press start it moves up into position last saved.

Any comments are greatly appreciated. I just got my cable and am currently trying to learn coding over the next few weeks.

Last edited by nicholascanada; 04-10-2016 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
nicholascanada
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Acura

Found it! Anyone try this yet?

For memory seat easy access on drivers side (this moves seat back when car is off and back to set position when started):

IHK 3000 IHK_CODIERDATEN OFF_MEMORY set aktiv
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
elimpfor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i MY17

I'll be coding my X4 when I get it too (VIM and Euro lights), let me know if you encounter issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 04:37 AM   #4
ahfa1987
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimpfor View Post
I'll be coding my X4 when I get it too (VIM and Euro lights), let me know if you encounter issues.
hey Elimpfor, what is vim and euro lights, I'm just curious cuz I'm wondering if it's something I might be interested in ^^, thanks.
'13 Mercedes Benz C-350 Opal Red GONE
'16 BMW x4 M40i Carbon Black W/ Mocha INT Current!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #5
elimpfor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfa1987 View Post
hey Elimpfor, what is vim and euro lights, I'm just curious cuz I'm wondering if it's something I might be interested in ^^, thanks.
VIM is Video in Motion. Allows you to watch movies while moving from say, a USB drive.

For Euro light, I copy and pasted this from the coding guide I have as it explains it better than I would:

1 Glare-Free High Beam: What Is It?
Glare-free high beam [GFHB] is a camera-driven dynamic lighting control strategy that selectively shades
spots and slices out of the high beam pattern to protect other road users from glare, while always providing
the driver with maximum seeing range. The area surrounding other road users is constantly illuminated at
high beam intensity, but without the glare that would result from using uncontrolled high beams in traffic.
This constantly changing beam pattern requires complex sensors, microprocessors and actuators, because
the vehicles which must be shadowed out of the beam are constantly moving. The dynamic shadowing can
be achieved with movable shadow masks shifted within the light path inside the headlamp, or the effect can
be achieved by selectively darkening addressable LED emitters or reflector elements, a technique known as
pixel light.
The first mechanically-controlled (non-LED) GFHB was the Dynamic Light Assist package introduced in
2010 on the Volkswagen Touareg, Phaeton and Passat. In 2012, the facelift Lexus LS (XF40) introduced an
identical Bi-Xenon system: the Adaptive High-Beam System.
The first mechanically-controlled LED GFHB was introduced in 2012 on the BMW 7 Series: the Selective
Beam (or Anti-Dazzle High-Beam Assistant). In 2013 Mercedes-Benz introduced the same LED system: the
Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus.
The first digitally-controlled LED GFHB was introduced in 2013 on the Audi A8.

2 Cool: Do I have It On My US F3x/F8x?
Due to archaic US DOT regulations, all US (and Canadian) cars have GFHB disabled at the factory, even
if this feature is available on similar cars delivered to other markets. The High-Beam Assistant (HBA)
functionality that is available on US cars simply turns the high beams on/off automatically, but does not
include GFHB.
Nevertheless, GFHB can be re-enabled through coding on US BMW cars that are equipped with both
Adaptive LED Headlights (option code 552) and HBA (option code 5AC)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:35 AM   #6
ahfa1987
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimpfor View Post
VIM is Video in Motion. Allows you to watch movies while moving from say, a USB drive.

For Euro light, I copy and pasted this from the coding guide I have as it explains it better than I would:

1 Glare-Free High Beam: What Is It?
Glare-free high beam [GFHB] is a camera-driven dynamic lighting control strategy that selectively shades
spots and slices out of the high beam pattern to protect other road users from glare, while always providing
the driver with maximum seeing range. The area surrounding other road users is constantly illuminated at
high beam intensity, but without the glare that would result from using uncontrolled high beams in traffic.
This constantly changing beam pattern requires complex sensors, microprocessors and actuators, because
the vehicles which must be shadowed out of the beam are constantly moving. The dynamic shadowing can
be achieved with movable shadow masks shifted within the light path inside the headlamp, or the effect can
be achieved by selectively darkening addressable LED emitters or reflector elements, a technique known as
pixel light.
The first mechanically-controlled (non-LED) GFHB was the Dynamic Light Assist package introduced in
2010 on the Volkswagen Touareg, Phaeton and Passat. In 2012, the facelift Lexus LS (XF40) introduced an
identical Bi-Xenon system: the Adaptive High-Beam System.
The first mechanically-controlled LED GFHB was introduced in 2012 on the BMW 7 Series: the Selective
Beam (or Anti-Dazzle High-Beam Assistant). In 2013 Mercedes-Benz introduced the same LED system: the
Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus.
The first digitally-controlled LED GFHB was introduced in 2013 on the Audi A8.

2 Cool: Do I have It On My US F3x/F8x?
Due to archaic US DOT regulations, all US (and Canadian) cars have GFHB disabled at the factory, even
if this feature is available on similar cars delivered to other markets. The High-Beam Assistant (HBA)
functionality that is available on US cars simply turns the high beams on/off automatically, but does not
include GFHB.
Nevertheless, GFHB can be re-enabled through coding on US BMW cars that are equipped with both
Adaptive LED Headlights (option code 552) and HBA (option code 5AC)

OHHHHH!!! I knew it is something I am interested in, I was JUST wondering about the VIM the other day too. omgg how do we do this? is it really challenging?
'13 Mercedes Benz C-350 Opal Red GONE
'16 BMW x4 M40i Carbon Black W/ Mocha INT Current!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
elimpfor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfa1987 View Post
OHHHHH!!! I knew it is something I am interested in, I was JUST wondering about the VIM the other day too. omgg how do we do this? is it really challenging?
Well, it might challenging to some and not at all to others. It depends on your tolerance to risk and ability to learn. I work in computer software development so coding a car's computer(s) is not really a challenge to me. You do run the risk of doing something wrong and your car won't start or will have unexpected behaviour, and then you might have to explain that to the service desk... I have to say that BMW's coding procedures appears simpler than VW's coding procedures which I am familiar with.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [10.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [10.00]
mge92 coding cheatsheet