BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 30i-m-exec Rides: RT1100

BMW Connected app 2nd user

My wife finally wants in on the app. I got it to work fine on her phone if she just uses my email and password that the vehicle was set up with, but I couldn’t navigate through setting up a 2nd user login. Is there a way for her to login with her own username/password?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

I'm interested in this as well...my fiance and I each have a car key, but we're unsure if each having a profile on the connected app to the same vehicle provides any benefits to individual configuration or something else??
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

just found this on google.

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._Connected.pdf

6. Is it possible for two people, who both use the same vehicle, to each have separate access to the BMW Connected app on their own devices?

Yes, multiple devices can be used to log into the same vehicle. When using the same ConnectedDrive account (i.e., username and password), the destinations shown in BMW Connected will be the same across all of the devices. If using different ConnectedDrive accounts (i.e., each person logs in with a separate username and password), the destinations will be personalized to each account

looks like you just have to create another account.....some how....it implies you can have separate accounts associated with the vehicle but a few bullet points up it seems as if you cannot have multiple separate users if the car being registered is already associated with an active account...?

EDIT: looks like number 5 part C suggests you have to add a secondary user.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 30i-m-exec Rides: RT1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
just found this on google.

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._Connected.pdf

EDIT: looks like number 5 part C suggests you have to add a secondary user.
Setting up that 2nd account would then store destinations separately for each user.

Apparently neither of us is having an affair* so I guess were good using the same login/password.

*within our shores
Appreciate 0