BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2024, 12:30 PM   #1
CJDJ_BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3m40i

18 M40i - AC Fans not working after OBD connect

Hello. On my 18 x3 m40i with 49k miles I had an emission test which required the tech to hook up an OBD connection. Immediately after starting the car the ac fans did not blow at all. The ac panel led lights and buttons were on and responded like normal to changing settings but no fan speed at all. I had the tech redo the emission test and obd connect but still no fans.

Then I immediately drove with no ac to advance auto for an OBD diagnostic scan which showed 0 DTC codes. The very next car restart after OBD connect , the ac fans worked again to my surprise!

What could cause this intermittent working/not working ac fans after OBD tool connection? Concerned this will randomly happen again.

Drove and restarted x3 at least 10 times and 10miles with no current issue.

What is the best bmw focused and performance/dyno/flash tuning shop in atlanta area?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2024, 09:40 PM   #2
CJDJ_BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3m40i

Any ideas?

Ac worked fine, then after emissions test with OBD connected, ac fans did not work. Then OBD diagnostic scan resulting in 0 DTC codes, the ac fans worked again. Currently everything is working fine.

Bought bimmerlink and obdlink cx adapter to scan for issues but nervous to use it and cause issue again.

Best bmw performance/dyno/flash tuning shop in atlanta area?
Appreciate 0