BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #1
Prof. Oak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3 m40i

22 m40i order placed

Hello all, Last week i called up a dealer and placed an order for an m40i and received a production number a few days ago. Currently shows as order received in my garage and i see alot of people on here talking about knowing their build weeks and looking for some explanation of where you are getting this info from and what the current build week is this week by any chance? Genius is down for tracking at this time and wondering if there was another way to see this. Thanks and really looking forward to moving over, coming from a long line of domestics and currently in a 2020 GT that i have grown tired of.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
misterdom
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i AW/TacRed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Oak View Post
Hello all, Last week i called up a dealer and placed an order for an m40i and received a production number a few days ago. Currently shows as order received in my garage and i see alot of people on here talking about knowing their build weeks and looking for some explanation of where you are getting this info from and what the current build week is this week by any chance? Genius is down for tracking at this time and wondering if there was another way to see this. Thanks and really looking forward to moving over, coming from a long line of domestics and currently in a 2020 GT that i have grown tired of.
I've seen others get their order placed this week and they were given week 24 or 26 as their estimated build week. Believe me that build week is an estimate and can move further out anytime. You are very lucky to get an allocation and have a production number so quickly .. congrats!

To answer your question you can call the genius toll free number and they will tell you your build week (when the systems comes back online)
      04-28-2022, 02:10 PM   #3
Prof. Oak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdom View Post
I've seen others get their order placed this week and they were given week 24 or 26 as their estimated build week. Believe me that build week is an estimate and can move further out anytime. You are very lucky to get an allocation and have a production number so quickly .. congrats!

To answer your question you can call the genius toll free number and they will tell you your build week (when the systems comes back online)
Thanks and i was surprised myself, initially i had placed an order with a local dealer down the road but was 10th in line for an allocation, so i called around the state and found a higher volume dealer that had a customer back out i suppose (i forget the details) and it was going to be a dealer order for their showroom, sales manager offered to change the options to whatever i wanted on the build and make it my allocation.

Guess ill just call genius again in a few hours. Thanks for the heads up about build weeks shifting. Im not too worried about build week delays my main worry at start was at least knowing if i got my foot in the door.

Last edited by Prof. Oak; 04-28-2022 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 02:55 PM   #4
cwbrow2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5x40i Skyscraper Grey

Quote:
Thanks and i was surprised myself, initially i had placed an order with a local dealer down the road but was 10th in line for an allocation, so i called around the state and found a higher volume dealer that had a customer back out i suppose (i forget the details) and it was going to be a dealer order for their showroom, sales manager offered to change the options to whatever i wanted on the build and make it my allocation.

Guess ill just call genius again in a few hours. Thanks for the heads up about build weeks shifting. Im not too worried about build week delays my main worry at start was at least knowing if i got my foot in the door.
You are one of the few lucky ones. I would lay low for a while just in case those that are still waiting for allocations don't get word of your success.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 03:14 PM   #5
Prof. Oak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrow2 View Post
You are one of the few lucky ones. I would lay low for a while just in case those that are still waiting for allocations don't get word of your success.
Thanks, and could you elaborate? Not really sure what you are getting at to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
cwbrow2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5x40i Skyscraper Grey

Quote:
Thanks, and could you elaborate? Not really sure what you are getting at to be honest.
Just joking with you. You are very fortunate to get an immediate allocation, others, like me, ordered months ago and are just now entering "order received". And, others are on a wait list through their dealers. Bottom line, you hit the m40i allocation lottery.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 06:36 PM   #7
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 XM40i, Honda Passport

Nice work. I found out I moved up to 2 on the waitlist. I’m hoping for a June or July (most likely) production.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #8
Prof. Oak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrow2 View Post
Just joking with you. You are very fortunate to get an immediate allocation, others, like me, ordered months ago and are just now entering "order received". And, others are on a wait list through their dealers. Bottom line, you hit the m40i allocation lottery.
Was mostly due to calling around and doing alot of homework. Unfortunately it meant calling many dealers who immediately play dumb and do whatever they can to get your contact info rather than answer your questions.
Appreciate 0