BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
sneesh
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M BMW M340I

Coding with Bimmercode

so my Veepeak adapter is coming in a couple of days, for everyone that has coded their x3s mainly the x3m f9x cause apparently there are different codes. what do you guys recommend doing coding wises? any particular one was your favorite or most used i guess? i saw on the bimmercode site that you could set a default driving mode but they only have comfort sport and sport plus and such and the x3m/ x4m don't really have comfort, is the code a thing for us or only to the x3 models? also does disabling ASD permanently keeps it off or only for the drive? i'm thinking about pulling fuses 203 and 218 for both the values and ASD would this actually work or would it just bypass the fuse box? oh and for those that pulled the exhaust value fuse how did you get the values to open up?

sorry for all the questions, i'm just very curious about bimmercode and the fuses lmao
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 01:01 AM   #2
EZE1
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

in my experience with the Veepeak not all the options are available to code over Bluetooth. I used the MHD ENET adapter and plugged into a ethernet with a adapter to lightning using my iPad. Only thing I coded so far was the red and blue interior lights, haven't had time to go through the other stuff oh and disabled the seatbelt reminder because it was getting annoying. I did try changing the default driving mode to sport plus but car still defaulted to efficient mode after coding when I start the car (maybe I did something wrong) will look into that later as I am kind of use to it now. for ASD i just pulled the fuse. for exhaust valves I drove the car in sport+ and when I got home I pulled the fuse right after parking. Makes a bit of a difference when cold starting but keep your expectations low. hope all this helps
Appreciate 1
sneesh12.00
      11-11-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
sneesh
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZE1 View Post
in my experience with the Veepeak not all the options are available to code over Bluetooth. I used the MHD ENET adapter and plugged into a ethernet with a adapter to lightning using my iPad. Only thing I coded so far was the red and blue interior lights, haven't had time to go through the other stuff oh and disabled the seatbelt reminder because it was getting annoying. I did try changing the default driving mode to sport plus but car still defaulted to efficient mode after coding when I start the car (maybe I did something wrong) will look into that later as I am kind of use to it now. for ASD i just pulled the fuse. for exhaust valves I drove the car in sport+ and when I got home I pulled the fuse right after parking. Makes a bit of a difference when cold starting but keep your expectations low. hope all this helps
howd you get the two clips or whatever they're called out i'm guessing you can use a flathead but i don't want to break it
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneesh View Post
i'm thinking about pulling fuses 203 and 218 for both the values and ASD would this actually work or would it just bypass the fuse box? oh and for those that pulled the exhaust value fuse how did you get the values to open up?
I started the car from cold and pulled the fuse 203. ASD was done thru bimmercode

Quote:
howd you get the two clips or whatever they're called out i'm guessing you can use a flathead but i don't want to break it
what 2 clips?

as for coding, i have done ambient lights, video in motion, reverse camera to stay on, tow hitch zoom and most importantly remembering to have Auto start stop on memory!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:42 PM   #5
EZE1
Rep

Think he’s asking about the 2 clips in the back trunk that you have to remove to access the fuses. Yea just use a flathead and it pops right off. Shouldn’t need a lot of force.
Appreciate 1
kzg19691302.00
      11-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #6
sneesh
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

do you guys know if bmw gave us extra fuses i popped 203 the 7.5amp fuse and it flew somewhere else haha i might need it for service although i've heard people say that they just put in another fuse if you don't have it
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 03:12 AM   #7
EZE1
Rep

not sure if there are extra fuses, id imagine if there was it would be somewhere next to the fuse puller in a generic socket. Maybe next time you are at walmart just buy the 7.5amp fuse, cant imagine it being more than a few $.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #8
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post

as for coding, i have done ambient lights, video in motion, reverse camera to stay on, tow hitch zoom and most importantly remembering to have Auto start stop on memory!!!
Perhaps it is only on my US model, but there is a button under the start button that turns it off or on until you change it. I am happy about that feature.

Quote:
do you guys know if bmw gave us extra fuses i popped 203 the 7.5amp fuse and it flew somewhere else haha i might need it for service although i've heard people say that they just put in another fuse if you don't have it
I lost fuse 218 after pulling it. The fuse ended up going under the cubby hole and I gashed up my arm trying to get it out.

Ultimately I ended up taking apart half the trunk to finally get it out.

Granted, I could have spent $2 on a 6 pack of the fuses, but I did not want it rattling around and it bothered my OCD.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #9
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Perhaps it is only on my US model, but there is a button under the start button that turns it off or on until you change it. I am happy about that feature.
yeah, over here, that button only works for one ignition cycle. Defaults back to auto start stop when you next unlock the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 03:56 PM   #10
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
yeah, over here, that button only works for one ignition cycle. Defaults back to auto start stop when you next unlock the car.
Sooooooo annoying.
Appreciate 0