BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-18-2024, 10:30 AM   #1
hunternight5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 f10 m5

F97 X3M straight piped anyone !

Just got my 2024 x3m and I’m searching around for sound clips but can’t seem to find any with Resonator / mid muffler / and muffler delete with stock downpipes sound clips
basically custom staight piped exhaust and not a after market one any of u guys have it done on here chime in thanks 🙏
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I also couldnt find any, but I have seen a modded version in real life with a 3.5 pipe to the back and it was loud AF, raspy, but that was the point of the 900HP build. I'm not sure this car benefits from that. The turbo sounds were wicked but the burbles were gunshots like a crapped out GTI.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 12:10 PM   #3
Stereolab42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M  [0.00]
I think any clips with a midpipe and a controller that keeps the valves open is equivalent to straight pipe since open valves bypass the muffler? At least that's my setup and it's sufficiently loud.
Appreciate 2
Diskz26.00
thestimp990.00
      05-18-2024, 10:05 PM   #4
hunternight5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
I also couldnt find any, but I have seen a modded version in real life with a 3.5 pipe to the back and it was loud AF, raspy, but that was the point of the 900HP build. I'm not sure this car benefits from that. The turbo sounds were wicked but the burbles were gunshots like a crapped out GTI.
The modded car u heard most definitely had downpipes on them that’s how u heard the turbos I’m pretty sure
I wanted to compare how it sounds with just a straight piped exhaust no valves or anything like that
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 06:12 AM   #5
KayTees
Money Pit Collector
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C |'20 F97 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternight5 View Post
Just got my 2024 x3m and I’m searching around for sound clips but can’t seem to find any with Resonator / mid muffler / and muffler delete with stock downpipes sound clips
basically custom staight piped exhaust and not a after market one any of u guys have it done on here chime in thanks 🙏
It would probably be best to hear in-person. The tone could sound the same but just much louder. I had a E70 before, I heard sound clips and it sounded similar. Had an muffler shop chop it and had it welded back. Was a fairly cheap way to test if you don't mind one weld point.

Instagram: F97_KT
Appreciate 1
95wildtt872.50
      Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #6
BuiltMyWay
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F91, previously F98

I did it. Catless downpipes. Catless midpipe. Dinan axel back. Basically a stainless steel pipe from the turbos to the Dinan muffler. With valves open, it had no air flow interference. Also had the rk front mounts with the larger diameter tubing with a custom tune on pump 91. It averaged 3.0s 0-60mph with nothing removed for weight savings. People like remove the passenger seat n shit lol.

I didn't do it for sound, was purely performance. But, I did have different parts on separately. So for sound, it depends what you want. Hearing it though speakers via a video is not really going to paint the picture, even a little. You have to hear it in the car or at least in person, but for us, we are driving it so the sound from the cockpit is what matters the most.

If you aren't looking to spend money, or tune/code, then just get a midpipe and nothing else. If you're okay with tune/code, I'd do catless dps and nothing else. If savings is not a concern, go with an axel back and that's good enough. I heard them all, I liked the Dinan the most, and it looks the best to me. The tips are sized correctly for an suv, like 4.5" diameter, whereas the akra is like 3". It's a Huge difference. Plus akra is like 3x the price because of hype. I had a full custom titanium exhaust on my mitsubishi evo 9 years ago, so you know the titanium thing I did it, it's mostly marketing to get you to drop 3x and you will not notice any difference at all. They say weight savings but like that's the marketing. If weight savings is that much of a concern, especially on a luxury suv, then I rather just drop ten pounds and keep the extra like $4k and spend it on getting chicks cuz I'll be better looking too.

If you wanna feel like you'll fuck some shit up, then do all of them. Nothing will compare to you on the road, but you'll wanna be flooring it a lot. It is loud. And the burbles, like I said, you'll fuck some shit up.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #7
hunternight5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltMyWay View Post
I did it. Catless downpipes. Catless midpipe. Dinan axel back. Basically a stainless steel pipe from the turbos to the Dinan muffler. With valves open, it had no air flow interference. Also had the rk front mounts with the larger diameter tubing with a custom tune on pump 91. It averaged 3.0s 0-60mph with nothing removed for weight savings. People like remove the passenger seat n shit lol.

I didn't do it for sound, was purely performance. But, I did have different parts on separately. So for sound, it depends what you want. Hearing it though speakers via a video is not really going to paint the picture, even a little. You have to hear it in the car or at least in person, but for us, we are driving it so the sound from the cockpit is what matters the most.

If you aren't looking to spend money, or tune/code, then just get a midpipe and nothing else. If you're okay with tune/code, I'd do catless dps and nothing else. If savings is not a concern, go with an axel back and that's good enough. I heard them all, I liked the Dinan the most, and it looks the best to me. The tips are sized correctly for an suv, like 4.5" diameter, whereas the akra is like 3". It's a Huge difference. Plus akra is like 3x the price because of hype. I had a full custom titanium exhaust on my mitsubishi evo 9 years ago, so you know the titanium thing I did it, it's mostly marketing to get you to drop 3x and you will not notice any difference at all. They say weight savings but like that's the marketing. If weight savings is that much of a concern, especially on a luxury suv, then I rather just [...]
The point is avoiding downpipes to much hassle to take it on and off because I just want it for sound will not be tuning the car and want maximum loudness of a straight pipe. The exhaust with valves is not a true staight pipe sound it still muffles some sound i tried them all already
Appreciate 0