BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2024, 03:05 AM   #89
GOGOII
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, 325Ci e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJohnson View Post
GOGOII do you have any driving impressions to share?
The front fills more planted and a little more feedback in the steering wheel. It like a slightly bigger sway bar on the front. Waiting on the rear OEM X3MC brace, it seems no US dealer have them so coming from Germany. But overall less body roll in corners.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 10:36 AM   #90
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
So just wanted to share an update on AshtonPJT intake duct fitment for LCI model. I had an AFE power duct that I hacked to make it fit, its the smaller duct in the pics for comparison.

The larger mouth is attached to a base plate on the current design. Here you can see it fit well into the side using the oem tab locations. The base plate may be something that may be used in the future for adjustment or maybe used as a true mounting plate to switch out a different duct, color, etc. This is just a test fit model and wanted some feedback from you guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
AshtonPJT734.00
dmicah802.00
      08-09-2024, 02:21 PM   #91
AshtonPJT
BM3 Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr001 View Post
So just wanted to share an update on AshtonPJT intake duct fitment for LCI model. I had an AFE power duct that I hacked to make it fit, its the smaller duct in the pics for comparison.

The larger mouth is attached to a base plate on the current design. Here you can see it fit well into the side using the oem tab locations. The base plate may be something that may be used in the future for adjustment or maybe used as a true mounting plate to switch out a different duct, color, etc. This is just a test fit model and wanted some feedback from you guys.
FYI this is not the finish the end product will come with this is just a prototype to make sure fitment is good
Paul Johnson Tunes/ACX Solutions Shop/Development Car, XHP stage 3 with custom settings, CTS Downpipe, intake, Chargepipe, turbo inlet, coils, Nostrum Stage 1 Injectors and Nostrum Big Bore HPFP, Vargas PCV and Oil cap, HnR springs, ACX Rear poly bushing, ACX Intake scoop
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 02:33 PM   #92
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

FAST AF BOiiiii
      08-26-2024, 01:42 PM   #93
wlfpck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr001 View Post

Burr001, seems like you don't have the active shutters? I think the final version may need to not extend as far so that it doesn't bump the shutters and such?
      08-26-2024, 01:44 PM   #94
AshtonPJT
BM3 Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Burr001, seems like you don't have the active shutters? I think the final version may need to not extend as far so that it doesn't bump the shutters and such?
Active shutters will need to be removed, it’s very easy and reversible. You litterly just pull on them and the pop out of the taps and to put them back in you just line them up 😂
Paul Johnson Tunes/ACX Solutions Shop/Development Car, XHP stage 3 with custom settings, CTS Downpipe, intake, Chargepipe, turbo inlet, coils, Nostrum Stage 1 Injectors and Nostrum Big Bore HPFP, Vargas PCV and Oil cap, HnR springs, ACX Rear poly bushing, ACX Intake scoop
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2024, 01:59 PM   #95
wlfpck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonPJT View Post
Active shutters will need to be removed, it’s very easy and reversible. You litterly just pull on them and the pop out of the taps and to put them back in you just line them up 😂
I meant with the active shutters there, it seems like your latest prototype may clash with it? Or maybe it's just the angle i'm looking at it?