View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 06:44 AM   #47
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I am very well satisfied with the stock suspension too. Just trying to help out others that want more comfort and/or lowering.

So far I found the car handles better at high speed turn than stock. At 80mph high bank freeway connector, I can feel the car tilted against it much more at stock height and suspension. With lowering, it stays flatter. But further driving and testing need to be done. Will hit the track in May when local track open up. Other track are available, but they are over 1 hour away. And most not allowing SUV/SAV on the track.
You're doing a great job explaining your mods as you go - learning a lot along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Max, these springs are good if you want to lower the car without turning it into a wooden kart. They still keep the ride pretty comfortable.
I still haven't seen any vertical CG data for the F97/98 so we can't calculate the SSF, but would be interested in comparing OEM vs. lowered SSFs as you'd think lowering should improve that. If so, one would expect improved stability and handling - to what extent hard to know unless formal testing could show (skid pad, slalom, etc).

Although I doubt we'll ever see wind tunnel testing OEM vs lowered (and with and without aerodynamic additions such as AC Schnitzer's front splitter and rear roof wing), these could possibly improve the Cd (again, without data unknown if they would have a significant effect on high-speed performance).

Many may mod solely for aesthetic/sound but would be interesting to see if some of these actually do provide a noticeable improvement in performance and handling.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13070.00